Celtic's game in hand

St Johnstone home 30th January and will be level games unless any postponement happens before then

The game in the hand is the reason I'm taking no real joy out of us being back at the top of the table right now. I have no doubts they'll win that game.

If we somehow make it unscathed to the old firm, and got a win that took us clear of them regardless of the game in hand, I'd absolutely cream myself.

The game in the hand is the reason I'm taking no real joy out of us being back at the top of the table right now. I have no doubts they'll win that game.

If we somehow make it unscathed to the old firm, and got a win that took us clear of them regardless of the game in hand, I'd absolutely cream myself.

They’ve never really been under any pressure in the league for years now. St Johnstone at home in the winter is a game they’ve drawn 0 0 in front of a crowd of about 20,000 a couple of times I think, not a gimme that one for me.

They’ve never really been under any pressure in the league for years now. St Johnstone at home in the winter is a game they’ve drawn 0 0 in front of a crowd of about 20,000 a couple of times I think, not a gimme that one for me.

Really hope you're right but personally I see any game they play at home as a likely Celtic win, and treat anything they drop as a bonus. If they were to draw that game, things would certainly get interesting though.

Interesting that they aren't being forced to play it on the first available midweek. Not that I particularly care, but I thought that was the standard line from the SPFL. Seems to me there are plenty available in early January, 2nd/9th/16th.
That’s the winter break .

Interesting that they aren't being forced to play it on the first available midweek. Not that I particularly care, but I thought that was the standard line from the SPFL. Seems to me there are plenty available in early January, 2nd/9th/16th.
Winter break - pretty sure they have a Tour of Japan on !!

The Winter Break prevents that from happening

1st available date is 30th January

Had we got to the LC Final - Hearts away for us would have been the same

Really hope you're right but personally I see any game they play at home as a likely Celtic win, and treat anything they drop as a bonus. If they were to draw that game, things would certainly get interesting though.

It’s on our own hands that’s the main thing. Long, long way to go and a good few more points will be dropped in all likelihood, us and them. We need to focus on ourselves at this stage, we are in a good position to kick on but lack of creativity is a concern.

Last edited:

Not even a doubt.......drew with Motherwell recently......lost at home to Salzburg last week......lost to Hibs at the weekend....and could possibly have more bad results between now and the match in question.

Could possibly have key players out or suspended ( miracle but not impossible ).

Not even a doubt.......drew with Motherwell recently......lost at home to Salzburg last week......lost to Hibs at the weekend....and could possibly have more bad results between now and the match in question.

Could possibly have key players out or suspended ( miracle but not impossible ).

Honestly, no I don't have any doubt they'll keep winning.

The 3 games are:
Motherwell at Home - Come kick off that day I can't see Motherwell doing anything of note at parkhead.
Dundee at home - No matter how poor form they are in, Celtic have too much for Dundee.
Aberdeen away - This is the only possible stumble, but Aberdeen bend over to them every time.

I really hope I'm wrong, but just can't see it.

I watched their game on Sunday amd they were very poor,the golden boy Brown is well off the pace,their £9 million ''superstar'' is cumbersome,also their defence was all over the place we need to exploit this in a couple of weeks

They start back after the winter break with four home games. Effectively 5 out of 6. Airdrie in Cup followed by St Mirren, Hamilton, St Johnstone all home, St Johnstone away, Hibs home. I would have them down for maximum points from that lot.

We start back 4 out of 5 away, including trips to Kilmarnock, Livingston and Aberdeen, venues we have already dropped points at on our last league visits, and 2 plastic pitches.

If their game in hand was in a couple of weeks time I'd agree, but it's a good while away yet and there's alot of games to be played for us and them before them. Their game in hand doesn't do much for them at the moment as it is so far away.

Who do they play on the Sunday after their Valencia fixtures?

I have a feeling they'll spend big in January tbh.

They are not under pressure YET.

Every time a team threatens to put in a serious challenge they shit the bed. See us after the Hearts win or Killie’s total capitulation at the piggery just in the last few weeks.

The opportunity is again with us to really sustain a challenge and asked serious questions but we need to really up our game in the next four matches or it will just be yet another false start.

Back