Charlie Gilmour Showcase

Just looked at his wiki page and it says he was released in June after spending 14 years at Arsenal. He’s only 20 FFS!

Could be another Glen Kamara situation? How he ended up at Dundee I'll never know, but there's defos good talent out there slipping through the cracks.

I’m slightly baffled as to why we don’t appear to be. Even if we signed him then sent him out on loan for a year it’d surely be worth a punt, especially with him being out of contract.
We don’t exactly have space for more CMs that aren’t going to walk in to the first team.

If it could be done I would sign him and loan him out for first team football just now as we don’t need anyone in that position at the moment but he could be really good in the future

Could be another Glen Kamara situation? How he ended up at Dundee I'll never know, but there's defos good talent out there slipping through the cracks.

The big EPL clubs have so much young talent that'll never get into the first team apart from the odd domestic or European cup tie.

Good for us though as we can attract loanees like Kent, who'll likely go on to play for an EPL team and pick up guys like Kamara who do end up falling through the cracks.

I’m slightly baffled as to why we don’t appear to be. Even if we signed him then sent him out on loan for a year it’d surely be worth a punt, especially with him being out of contract.
Maybe we have scouted him and dont think he'd good enough?

We should sign him and sent him out on loan like we are doing with Hastie - as we are stacked in his position ATM. He’s one for the future given the fact he’s so young

If the manager isn’t interested, that’s good enough for me.

Perhaps we’ve looked and just don’t rate him?

Perhaps we have other, better targets in mind?

Perhaps he isn’t going to fit into our wage structure?

Whatever the reason, I doubt it’s down to ignorance.

The big EPL clubs have so much young talent that'll never get into the first team apart from the odd domestic or European cup tie.

Good for us though as we can attract loanees like Kent, who'll likely go on to play for an EPL team and pick up guys like Kamara who do end up falling through the cracks.
It’s not good though. The system should be changed to prevent clubs hoarding talent and loaning them out on an industrial basis. If it wasn’t for that, we might have a stab at actually owning guys like Kent and being able to develop them for our own gain, not that of others.

It’s not good though. The system should be changed to prevent clubs hoarding talent and loaning them out on an industrial basis. If it wasn’t for that, we might have a stab at actually owning guys like Kent and being able to develop them for our own gain, not that of others.
But it is what it is.

Nothing we can do except use it to our advantage within the confines of the system as it stands.

Looks a steady cdm we know he is a fan let's hope the club monitor his development and If he is good enough we can see him in a gers strip one season

Back