Chelsea and Arsenal struggling to sell their Europa League tickets

There were indeed. Kiev far easier to get to than Baku and it was the CL but I agree with what you are saying and even Kiev was a daft choice as tensions with Russia and all that.

UEFA are clueless

I wasn’t impugning the rep of fans of Arsenal or Chelsea mate. I was responding to the suggestion that local fans of Liverpool didn’t migrate en masse to Kiev.

I completely agree with you by the way. It’s a ridiculous decision which does nothing to assist with the appeal of the game, and negatively impacts the enjoyment of fans of the finalists.

That’s the most important thing they’ve lost sight of: it’s a journey for supporters as well as playing squads and hosting it in the arse end of nowhere because they’ve got Caspian Sea resort kick backs is fûcking disgusting.

Arsenal sell out their away allocation for pretty much every game, if not every game.

Fans aren’t going as many are getting quoted 1.5-2k just to get there, that’s before accommodation and match ticket.

Both clubs don’t have a big away following.
The final is in the back of beyond.
Both clubs supports probably see this competition as being beneath them.
There isn’t a will to sell out that allocation.
Yes we would do but we are a bit of a fanatical support and would get there no matter how.
For these clubs supporters it’s an awful long way and an awful lot of outlay for a game that they aren’t really up for.
I recollect Arsenal taking something like 1500 to their Champions League semi final in 2006.
So it’s not just time, distance or money. Ultimately they ain’t up for it as much as we think they should be.

UEFA/FIFA have no power over the airlines. They couldn't prevent them increasing prices.

They could choose not to host it in a country that is barely in Europe though. Would make more sense to either have it in a central European country.

They do have some power though, football fans travelling all over Europe at highly inflated prices basically all year round including qualifiers.

Ask them to keep their prices the same to become UEFA/FIFA official providers, if you don’t join your priced out.

Back