Chief Superintendent Mark Sutherland warns Rangers Supporters

Amazing isn't it,unwashed gather for Scottish Cup Final-no problem,Indy rallies-no problem,people going to shops etc-no problem,St Johnstone fans celebrating-no problem,Thistle fans celebrating-no problem but FFS Rangers fans celebrate-nuclear war is on the way,lock everything down get the dogs off the streets etc etc cancel all leave batten down the hatches,politicians up in arms blah blah fkn blah.FFS let people enjoy themselves for a few hours and go home happy,bearing in mind there will be children and families in attendance it should be a carnival like atmosphere......Glasgow Smiles Better,let's wait and see.

Last edited:
I think George Square is far too small for the amount of fans likely to turn up. Just end up being pilloried again for broken benches, "terrorising shoppers" etc. Bellahouston park or even Ibrox grounds have much more room. Might even be a wee chance of seeing the players with the trophy if we're local. Thoughts?

Yet again the police not having a phucking clue

People will celebrate this weekend and given what the country has endured since 2020 and all the Covid shit it’s no wonder people want it to get back to normal and meet friends and family

The hypocrisy that the police did nothing to threaten the pro Indy meet up in George Square last weekend pre the local elections shows the double standards that are being deployed

A pro active approach to remove benches etc by GCC would seem sensible but because it’s Rangers and they hate us they are so bitter they want confrontation and negative publicity

Scotland is governed and policed by Rangers haters.

No they won’t.

Anyway, what would you suggest to box clever?

The last 20 years in this cesspit proves you wrong mate. We live in a country where our players were assaulted after a cup final yet, before I was even home from the game, it was spun as as much Rangers fans on the park as Hibs.

Every single thing our fans do is vilified to a ridiculous level. We even had a newspaper report about sandcastles being kicked over!

We saw the last time the outcry from upset idiots about a few benches.

This will be spun to be horrific press for us even though it won't be our fault.

I'm not saying don't go but, imo, we must ensure that we, as fans, are on our very best behaviour as any minor indiscretion or clashes with a potentially heavy handed police force will be blown out of all proportion and all blame will be aportioned to our fanbase.

It's my opinion that certain figures in the police and government actively want these things to happen. Certainly seemed that way the last time when fans behaved excellently yet we had weeks of nonsense.

That's all.

The last 20 years in this cesspit proves you wrong mate. We live in a country where our players were assaulted after a cup final yet, before I was even home from the game, it was spun as as much Rangers fans on the park as Hibs.

Every single thing our fans do is vilified to a ridiculous level. We even had a newspaper report about sandcastles being kicked over!

This will be spun to be horrific press for us even though it won't be our fault.

I'm not saying don't go but, imo, we must ensure that we, as fans, are on our very best behaviour as any minor indiscretion or clashes with a potentially heavy handed police force will be blown out of all proportion and all blame will be aportioned to our fanbase.

That's all.

By your same post though you admit the press blame us even when it wasn't Rangers fans fault so why would this we any different? You care far too much about the press.

That's all.
Media have an agenda being saying it for years

Imo, because of the last time, I could see them going in heavy handed and it could result in terrible press for our club.

The police and government would be at fault but it wouldn't be spun that way.

We should box clever here.
Club warn fans not to gather, fans ignore club. What else can they do?
Everyone that goes to Ibrox or GS on saturday take a cardboard placard saying save the planet or #iamgreta and lets see them condemn a protest about climate change.
Rangers Fans For Climate Change protest Saturday15th May

By your same post though you admit the press blame us even when it wasn't Rangers fans fault so why would this we any different? You care far too much about the press.

It won't be different. That's my point.

I don't care about the press in the slightest.

I can see this coming a mile off though.

Club warn fans not to gather, fans ignore club. What else can they do?
Everyone that goes to Ibrox or GS on saturday take a cardboard placard saying save the planet or #iamgreta and lets see them condemn a protest about climate change.
Rangers Fans For Climate Change protest Saturday15th May

You are correct. And that proves my point.

At no point have I said we shouldn't go btw. I think a few people have the wrong idea. But we need to be very clever with it.

So do you think we shouldn't go out and celebrate because of what the press will write? Why should we live our lives and suppress our support for the team just because the press write nonsense?

This will form part of his policy going forward. It's a token gesture. We will also have to put out a similar message imo.

So do you think we shouldn't go out and celebrate because of what the press will write? Why should we live our lives and suppress our support for the team just because the press write nonsense?

You've the wrong end of the stick mate.

The short answer is no I absolutely do not think people should stay in. I definitely think people should go out and celebrate.

I think the police and government are looking for a fight and I think we need to keep this in mind when out.

Why dont the police stop being stupid, they know its going to happen, so why not work with the club, the fans groups and the council and organise it.

Look at the Chelsea and Man Utd supporters last week yes your right they all fall over themselves for negative stories about us so it really matters not a jot how we go about Saturday enjoy yourself on Saturday Bears wherever you are .

I think George Square is far too small for the amount of fans likely to turn up. Just end up being pilloried again for broken benches, "terrorising shoppers" etc. Bellahouston park or even Ibrox grounds have much more room. Might even be a wee chance of seeing the players with the trophy if we're local. Thoughts?

There are a few better places but people want George Square because of the centrality and because the nationalists take it over every time they march with their Independence Square pish.

The short answer is no I absolutely do not think people should stay in. I definitely think people should go out and celebrate.

I think the police and government are looking for a fight and I think we need to keep this in mind when out.

Sorry mate, I was reading that as the same type of post you see about us trying to please a press that hate us.

OP has already stated the sentiment I was about to say but I'll repeat it any way.
Chief Superintendent Mark Sutherland can go and take a flying f.uck to himself.

When where they ever not looking to show us in a bad light I do get where you coming from .

DsK9c9.gif

The comments below the article give me a warm glow thinking of their pain.

We can take our own benches!

Sorry mate, I was reading that as the same type of post you see about us trying to please a press that hate us.

There is no pleasing them mate. It's that simple.

Just think we need to be on our guard as the slightest thing, brushed off as exuberance for anyone else, will result in a caning from all quarters again.

As long as everyone is fair (police approach and government) then Saturday will be brilliant with a party atmosphere.

It's my opinion that certain figures in the police and government actively want these things to happen. Certainly seemed that way the last time when fans behaved excellently yet we had weeks of nonsense.

That's all.
I don’t see how the last 20 years shows the Cops will go in heavy handed? It would be lunacy to do so and they won’t.

I couldn’t give a shit about negative press, f*ck them

I don’t see how the last 20 years shows the Cops will go in heavy handed? It would be lunacy to do so and they won’t.

I couldn’t give a shit about negative press, f*ck them

I've made a few posts in the thread further explaining mate. My comments are certainly not just about having a couple of days on the front of the papers.

I wonder what the club are thinking, surely they will have had some liaison with Council and Police etc? This could be so easily resolved by allowing us an area to congregate freely.

Back