Chief Superintendent Mark Sutherland warns Rangers Supporters

With any large gatherings, especially where drink is involved then there is likely to be problems, which leads me on to your next question, it doesn’t matter how small the problems are, yes we will be criticised and the problems will be exaggerated

everyone should be able to enjoy themselves, behave appropriately and let the rest of Scotland do what they do best

Krissie doesnt agree. He thinks it isnt inevitable. He also seems to suggest pointing it out beforehand is the problem.

A quick Google indicates it being reported all over the UK as Rangers fans breach Covid rules during celebrations mate.

Not something to fall out over but I think we all know how this weekend will be reported. And it won't be positively.
I agree that it won't be positive but my point is, it doesn't matter how we celebrate they won't like it so it will be reported negatively. Here is the youtube link from the morning news which was on here at the time.

It's not just ta$gs stirring the pot, there is a real nationalist dislike for us at the moment and it's not going away. So all we can do is try to keep our own house in order as best as we can but also remember to stick up for one and other and enjoy their bitterness.

Demand lol he rest of the world will see how idiotic they really are, if they come out with a statement like this. We don't live in a fascist society yet but getting there

Are Club1872 saying anything on this before Saturday. We need fans groups to get in front of this now and highlight the police and council ineptitude.

Last edited:
The council have asked the bars and restaurants at George Square to close citing that they expect 1,500 people to be in George Square on Saturday. Have this on good authority from family who work there.

So the council do know there is something happening so plenty time for them to remove street furniture as they would do for any other gathering.

But also…. 1,500…. Are they having a laugh?

The council have asked the bars and restaurants at George Square to close citing that they expect 1,500 people to be in George Square on Saturday. Have this on good authority from family who work there.

So the council do know there is something happening so plenty time for them to remove street furniture as they would do for any other gathering.

And the bars will tell them to **** off.

You sure they haven't just heard that as a rumour? Dhimmy was spreading all sorts of similar shite over the last few days. All of it with absolutely no substance to it.

People can now visit houses and drink indoors from Monday. Absolutely no reason to try and prevent any gatherings at the weekend.

You sure they haven't just heard that as a rumour? Dhimmy was spreading all sorts of similar shite over the last few days. All of it with absolutely no substance to it.
No. The counting house have agreed to close. Browns have agreed to close their outdoor area and will be open indoors only.

The council have said that they expect 1,500

No. The counting house have agreed to close. Browns have agreed to close their outdoor area and will be open indoors only.

The Counting House don't have a beer garden other than a few tables going along the pavement as far as I know. It's understandable they would close due to them being right on the square for the sake of a few tables. As for rest of the pubs that are away from the square, it's scare mongering pish to try and stop people going into the city centre.

The Counting House don't have a beer garden other than a few tables going along the pavement as far as I know. It's understandable they would close due to them being right on the square for the sake of a few tables. As for rest of the pubs that are away from the square, it's scare mongering pish to try and stop people going into the city centre.
They have spruced it up to be a bit of a beer garden. But counting house are apparently closing inside and outside as was recommended by GCC.

Anyone know if Inter and Ajax and other clubs whose fans celebrated winning leagues and cups received the level of scrutiny and outrage that we'll get after Saturday? Or if they did, who was it from and are those people also petty, hateful authoritarian hacks?

We should be pointing out the difference in reactions and exposing the Scottish government, SNP and media as the dishonest, bitter frauds they are. The reactions last time were an abuse of power and I expect the same this time. Let the rest of the world see these people for who they are.

You can be certain that when the pro-independence marches start again (I'm guessing in about two weeks) they'll be covered as inspirational and safe. As will Tartan Army gatherings for the Euros.

Point out every one of these hypocrites. Don't give them an inch. And certainly don't allow yourself to think for a minute that there's a shred of sincerity behind the outrage you'll see directed at us this weekend. Every time you see them call us 'Scotland's shame' or some vile slur like that, turn it back on them. They are Scotland's shame.

And yes, we should have both union flags and saltires all over Glasgow on Saturday. Our city, our country and don't let them claim it.

Do they ask businesses to close when demos etc are on in George Sq? Do they fukc. They are at it and I hope businesses tell GCC to GTF!

They've got a shit load of picnic benches on the road at George Sq

These businesses deserve no sympathy when they greet about lose of earnings. Imagine closing when you have the chance to make a bucket load. Take it GCC are compensating these businesses?

No matter how much they try and make it so this isn’t the clubs responsibility. Sure they can put out a message saying don’t gather but we all know thousands will. Policing the streets has nothing to do with Rangers its down to the council and Police Scotland to do it not Rangers! All this pressure on the club is laughable. It’s not the clubs job to stop gatherings!

No matter how much they try and make it so this isn’t the clubs responsibility. Sure they can put out a message saying don’t gather but we all know thousands will. Policing the streets has nothing to do with Rangers its down to the council and Police Scotland to do it not Rangers! All this pressure on the club is laughable. It’s not the clubs job to stop gatherings!
Its happening, no matter what anyone, including Rangers says. The 'authorities' need to recognise that and 'mediate' any potential issues. That might have involved talking to the Club, and thence to the fans groups, to suggest the march would be 'allowed' but that perhaps it would be wiser to avoid the City Centre and head for Glasgow Green or Bellahouston Park or similar. Burying their heads in the sand and hoping it goes away - or worse, hoping it turns into a shitfest which may well be what GCC and Nippy want - is gormless.

The Police handled the events in March fairly well and got slaughtered for it. I've no doubt they know that a similar methodology is the correct way to go this time but that criticism from March may have put pressure on them to be more heavy-handed - and that's just not going to work. The potential for that scaffolding platform to become a flashpoint - because it will be unsafe as soon as fans get on it and will become dangerous to those on and around it - is huge.

The 1500 figure quoted earlier, if true, is a measure of how detached from reality GCC are on this matter.

Last edited:
Imo, because of the last time, I could see them going in heavy handed and it could result in terrible press for our club.

The police and government would be at fault but it wouldn't be spun that way.

We should box clever here.
There's simply not enough of them.

They know that DB, they are haters & want to kick us & the club mate.

It’s the norm in this shitehole of a city & has been since 2014.

I think George Square is far too small for the amount of fans likely to turn up. Just end up being pilloried again for broken benches, "terrorising shoppers" etc. Bellahouston park or even Ibrox grounds have much more room. Might even be a wee chance of seeing the players with the trophy if we're local. Thoughts?
Bellahouston would make the most sense. Plenty of space and close to Ibrox. Also, it's away from city centre and accessible. Less chance of outside interference

Like all fans I don't want any trouble.

Rangers did ask for a fans zone in the recent past. It was knocked back under strange circumstances.

What a short sighted decision that was.

So Cllr Aitken, more thought should have been applied at the time of the fan zone application. You reap what you sow.

On another point I just don't see the attraction of George Square. Around Ibrox wold have been better. At the exact spot where we wanted the fan zone.

Like all fans I don't want any trouble.

Rangers did ask for a fans zone in the recent past. It was knocked back under strange circumstances.

What a short sighted decision that was.

So Cllr Aitken, more thought should have been applied at the time of the fan zone application. You reap what you sow.

On another point I just don't see the attraction of George Square. Around Ibrox wold have been better. At the exact spot where we wanted the fan zone.

I’d rather be in the vicinity of the Stadium aswell tbh, I’d far rather have Ibrox as the backdrop for the celebrations.

My mates head chef in the Citizen, got the request in to shut last week.
This suggests that they (plod & GCC) are planning for the Gerrard Square party.
With them not being minded to help make this a positive experience they are probably preparing for confrontation.
The journalists will be preparing the faux outrage pieces for the Sundies as we speak.
How any Rangers supporter voted for these people is simply beyond comprehension.
Let them hear us on Saturday Bears!

I don't get the logic in asking bars and restaurants to close.

Just look at any time the bears travel to Europe, the bars beside the square makes a fortune and there is never any bother. Why would it be any different in Glasgow?

Bellahouston would make the most sense. Plenty of space and close to Ibrox. Also, it's away from city centre and accessible. Less chance of outside interference
Bit of a piss March that would be Ibrox to Bella Houston park.

They should be flooding the city centre with portaloos and if they expect 1500 the benches will be gone.

I just want the club, the manager and Club 1872 to come out and tell us to stay home

Then its the supporters decision and the club is blameless, not like the witch hunt it was last time
The club told us to abide by the rules the last time, we will do it again and still be blamed

who actually cares anymore

So all Nats, Palestinians (and we all know the Green Brigade are linked to that), the BLM protests last summer, they can all use the square but we need to be pushed outside of the city away from everyone? No chance.

Just read a story in the evening times describing a socially distanced Palestinian protest at George Square except one of the first pictures it showed you was anything but socially distanced.

we are being targeted once again.

His officers did nothing with the scum support when they gathered to ATTACK their team but this clown is warning our support not to gather in the City??

Aye ok.

Away and fight crime.......remember that???

Back