Chris Evans Breakfast show now.

Many years ago I turned 55.
I never thought much of it at the time.
However, now the significance of it is beginning to sink in.
The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Cannae remember exact date but sometime in the 90's me and my mate went to our regular lunch time pub for a few beers. Got to the door and a couple of staff on door only allowing regulars in. In we go and barman sets drinks up and says the guy in the corner is paying for all drinks in bar for next couple of hours. Chris Evans and all his breakfast show staff were in corner having a session.
Asked manager to just let regulars in so there wouldn't be any hassle. Had a nice few beers thanks to him so anybody that buys me a beer is OK.

In the dim and distant past, when games used to start at 3 on a Saturday, I used to get the 6.15 Shuttle back to London.
Frequent travellers on that flight over the years included Arteta, Souness and Gazza.
Got on speaking terms with all over time and one Saturday Gazza invited me to go up to London with him where he was meeting Evans and Danny Baker.
Politely declined for fear of death either from the night out with them, or from the wife who would have been somewhat unsympathetic!
Have often wondered what would have happened had I accepted the invite, but at least I’ve survived another 20 odd years to have the opportunity to wonder!!

(6-15 Shuttle...... 6 - 1 = 5 and 5)
Cool story bro'. Would have been a lot cooler if you hadn't wimped out going with them tho', ya big girls blouse. :cool::))

This will blow your mind, every time in the last year I've gone to the petrol station to fill up its landed on £55.55

I had 12 new emails in my inbox when I logged on this morning. So I sent myself 43 emails and lo and behold, I had 55 emails in my inbox!! I couldn’t believe it, what a coincidence. Because hopefully Rangers are about to win their 55th league title and I support Rangers!!!

It didn’t last long, I’ve now got 66 emails and I’m thinking about reading some of those that I sent to myself to get it to 55 again :rolleyes:

Whatever You do do NOT send yourself 600 emails or you will die. FACT !

In the dim and distant past, when games used to start at 3 on a Saturday, I used to get the 6.15 Shuttle back to London.
Frequent travellers on that flight over the years included Arteta, Souness and Gazza.
Got on speaking terms with all over time and one Saturday Gazza invited me to go up to London with him where he was meeting Evans and Danny Baker.
Politely declined for fear of death either from the night out with them, or from the wife who would have been somewhat unsympathetic!
Have often wondered what would have happened had I accepted the invite, but at least I’ve survived another 20 odd years to have the opportunity to wonder!!

(6-15 Shuttle...... 6 - 1 = 5 and 5)

Why the feck would you say no to that?

"I'll just watch Corrie instead"

Cool story bro'. Would have been a lot cooler if you hadn't wimped out going with them tho', ya big girls blouse. :cool::))
In my defence, there was a bit more to it..... car was at Heathrow, concern I could not keep up with their ‘funding’, dressed for Ibrox, not a night in London (Gazza suited and booted) etc etc...... but yes being murdered by Mrs Bloke, was uppermost in my mind, so I do have to accept your observations

Likewise. I am 55 years old, it's a sign.
Funnily enough I used to be 55 definitely an omen B-) and I turned on the TV this morning and the first thing that came up was an advert for an equity release company saying are you 55 or over , if that's no an omen I don't know what is :eek:

Need to keep these signs going, so in gonna sign off work today at 4:55.

Not only cause were going 4:55,

But its 5 tae 5!

...I'll make my own way out thanks.

Can anyone remember the mad taxi driver .That would waffle on about Masons and the Number 555.
Consumed by the Famous Glasgow Rangers .

Back