Chris Jack – Ibrox immortality awaits Steven Gerrard's side when Rangers clinch title win

I'm nearly greetin just reading that. I don't think the gaffer and the players know what's about to hit them when we get this title sealed. Glasgow certainly won't know what's hit it.

I've started to picture it all now, the moment we lift that trophy.
Tav and Gerrard to lift it together? Or Gerrard is perhaps the type to let his captain have that moment, either way it will have me in bits emotionally.

Tav and Gerrard to lift it together? Or Gerrard is perhaps the type to let his captain have that moment, either way it will have me in bits emotionally.
I just want to see Gerrard and Tav holding that title.
It will be so unbelievably sweet and catch myself going yes every so often.
Gerrard will be our Diego Maradona.
This will be our Istanbul.

We’ve come a long way since that day at Brechin.
I was listening to Take That Never forget song on the radio today driving from work and some memories came back to me that I won’t lie we’re brutal and I didn’t realise just how bad a mood it put me in.

I will never forget getting a case of beer for the Ramsden final against raith and getting to my dads and not opening 1 beer because I just knew we weren’t winnings! Went home just so disappointed. Then the ball in the hedge, the Albion rovers game, Alloa being a enemy on the park ffs

Queen of the south being a bogey team?
And in some ways I want to never remember these games or some players again but listening to that song made me a bit emotional and I thought! U know what we have been to the very bottom and worked out way back rocky style and I could greet and we haven’t even won anything

Absolutely buzzing. We've waited so long and been through so much as a club and support but this is ours.

WATP.

I will admit to welling up. I have followed since I was 16 (mum wouldnae let me go until i had a job) and had my own money. Although I did get with my dad sometimes. I followed us home and away for 9 years to eventually see us win the league.
Years later I was a glory hunter ? Then after the nine and following all over Europe we got hit by The Mint (who i warned my son about).
Since then I got banned, now reinstated and try to behave.
%^*& knows what is going to happen on 55

Not read it yet but I really hope we can get some fans in, tough decision on who if still distancing

but, by %^*&, what a celebration it can be

a toast to those we’ve lost, the recent years of hurt will culminate in something special

I can’t wait to light up the sky red, white and blue above this obscure little town.

It will be likely early morning, but champagne and beers will be the order of the day.

I've rarely cried or even showed much emotion in the most emotional moments, happy or sad but reading that i genuinely felt emotional reading that .

what a relief it'll be . They tried to kill us to get 10, I'll never forget that but they'll never forget we came back to kill that dream of theirs .

one thing I hope that starts to get recognised when 55 is confirmed is how good the management / team have been this year and deserving of the title in their own right

its funny to watch but them self destructing is FA to do with us, the quality of play and some of the team goals scored this year (in the league and europe) have been outstanding for a budget that Gerrard has been working with

I can see this being a worldwide celebration

I know we've always had a worldwide fan base but just as the article suggests - this one will be so special- will be such a culmination of emotion after such a dark & at times a dismal journey -

So many overseas bears will raise whatever roof they find themselves under & quite frankly so many locations around the globe will know all about the addition to our trophy room

(Not that I'm in anyway discounting or minimising how Glasgow will explode in party mode - of course)

I do wonder if he will feel this league title is up there equally as his proudest moment in the game and if he will enjoy our league win more than Liverpool’s last season.

Great article. Don't think it's actually sunk in with me yet that we're going to win 55 this season after all these years, part of me is still afraid that I'm going to wake up and see Francisco Sandaza leading our attack again.

Fs Chris, I’m headed into work, trying to remain grounded, and struggling not to be walking about with a constant beaming smile while breaking down in tears every 5 minutes thinking about Tav lifting that trophy.

I only wish we could be there

I still remember how I felt leaving Ibrox after the last game of 11/12 and wondering if we would ever be back there to watch our team. 9 years of anguish about to be eradicated. It's just a damn shame we can't all be in Ibrox with them when it happens.

No disrespect to Gerrard but lifting that cup for the first time is Tav’s moment. After putting up with all the stick he’s had over the years about how he couldn’t defend and was never a Rangers captain then I think there’s nobody deserves it more than him. He’s proved everybody wrong who said that about him and that’ll be his moment in the spotlight.

Back