Chris McClure - aka Christian - has passed away

Was singing in a republican slophouse in Bellshill a few years ago.
Amazed when I saw him advertised in the window
What pub in Bellshill? My son lives in Bellshill and I really don't want to walk into the wrong place if I fancy a dram on the way home (I know that Burns Bar is a bluenose shop).

I think I saw him at the Grand Theatre in Blackpool along with Andy Cameron in the early 80s .Rest easy Chris .

I saw him in Blackpool in the 80s too - maybe at the Winter Gardens - I just can’t remember who the main act was.

Probably says a lot about the man that I can remember him but not the headliner.

That’s a shame. You’ve missed genuine warmth toward an honest guy who lived a life most of us could only dream of.
I'd heard of him but that was about it I couldn't tell you what he was famous for or if he was an actor a singer or something else,going by posts on here he was a decent human being and was one of us so sadly another Bear gone.

Was at the Legion in EK on Saturday night in the lounge, female singer on sang A Mountain of Questions and mentioned this was one of his favourites, for the auld yins on here a great song to dance to.

My good lady said she saw the Chris McClure section in the trocadera.
I saw him in the 70’s in centre one club, East Kilbride
And in the pavilion panto.

Back