Chris Sutton and Neil Lennon in Rangers rethink as security concerns force BT Sport change with former Celtic duo off punditry

I had about three hours of sleep due to Effin builders next door, but even in my haze of confusion and at this present moment and want to execute the arse with the SDS that has been going on all day.
I cannot understand where anyone with a few working brain cells thought" hey get Lennon onboard" he has no connection to the clubs playing except he got beat and had to run away from that lot across the city when the angry metal sharks were launching.

Crazy that people can't recognize the negative aspect of the way this has been presented.

Do any of us want these two pricks anywhere near Ibrox? Of course not.

Do any of us want it presented that the reason they are not allowed is because there's a concern our support might physically harm them? Of course not.

If we really want to take on unsubstantiated media negativity, then say that. Don't allow them to dictate by leaving an open goal.

Crazy that people can't recognize the negative aspect of the way this has been presented.

Do any of us want these two pricks anywhere near Ibrox? Of course not.

Do any of us want it presented that the reason they are not allowed is because there's a concern our support might physically harm them? Of course not.

If we really want to take on unsubstantiated media negativity, then say that. Don't allow them to dictate by leaving an open goal.
Where has the Club suggested our support may physically harm them?

Sutton has piped up

I’m not allowed to work on the Celtic game tonight from a studio at Ibrox along with Neil Lennon as Stewart Robertson the Rangers CEO says we are a security risk. Good to see Rangers ground breaking diversity and inclusion campaign ‘Everyone Anyone’ is working well…
What did they expect,lol. Be prepared for the fly digs,which I suppose vindicates Rangers.

They weren't covering us though.

Some amount of people on here clearly have trouble reading whole thread as it clearly states Weir and Super Ally are pundits for our game.

BT aren't trying to catch us out, they have had different pundits for both games for years FFS.

Naw got time to read whole threads.

Much prefer being lambasted by your good self. It's faster haha

Why are folk pretending there would be a reaction to Sutton and Lennon sitting in Ibrox in full view of the fans? Of course there would be, same as there would be at Parkhead if, say, Nacho Novo and Kris Boyd were in view of them.

Legal advice is to make a story, this looks like a set up from the celtic supporters at BT sport and there friends in the MSM. Are they telling me that if I get banned from my local I can get a judge to let me back in. Will be the headlines on Reporting Scotland tonight. If Celtic get beat and we win it will be meltdown in the media tomorrow.

I’ll be honest I thought this was more about Rangers ensuring they don’t get into hot water with anything directed towards Sutton or Lennon which could be construed as sectarian in nature. The two guys shouldn’t be at our stadium broadcasting.

I’ve just asked McLaughlin the question on Twitter how safe would say Nacho Novo and Ian Ferguson be if they were broadcasting from Parkhead in a BT broadcast? Imagine the bile aimed towards those paid would be

If true,after all it's the daily retard.
Good news,the pair of them should never be welcome at Ibrox.

Pathetic from the club IMO . Completely the wrong message that our fans can’t be trusted

Whoever made the decision to send them has got the exact reaction they wanted.

It makes us look bad. When really its not

Lennon spitting on a Rangers scarf, shouting DOB's at our bench, and disrespecting the Silence for the 66 should ensure that he's never allowed back into Ibrox.
I will still never understand how he was allowed to accumulate 40 or so Northern Ireland caps, and grace that particular jersey. The man is a bitter bigot. It is fantastic he has been refused entry.

Fvckin Lennon man, just can't get rid of that wank. Well done Rangers..!

Only two to blame here are those arseholes. Set themselves up a long time ago. No respect, no character shown.

The club calling it a ‘security risk’ is making out like the fans can’t be trusted.

Just say you’re not getting in because your vocal in your hatred of Rangers, no come back to that.
i wouldnt trust what the record says.
i doubt the club mentioned security risk.

Nobody is suggesting it’s a bad idea to not allow them in.

The issue is the club allowing them and BT to say it’s because of security risks, which makes the fans look bad.

They wouldn’t have been covering us. The pre match and HT FT stuff from the Celtic game would have came from the studio at Ibrox.

When they finish the pundits for our game replace them.

We have had McCoist at the piggery for games when we are away early.
You can’t compare mccoist to those 2!! FFS

E_a4ghoXIAAVdVV

Lennon taking the club to court ? Ffs get the popcorn opened. Only he could turn this into a rammy, what a red neck

Tempting though it may be to welcome ‘excluding’ this pair, I think the club better get on the front foot here and find the right words to explain the situation. I’m not sure ‘we’re fulfilling our contractual obligations’ is enough. There’s a big vacuum left for all sorts of mischief making by our enemies. Sutton is already well on it. Others joining in. This should be nipped on the bud if possible.

Why are folk pretending there would be a reaction to Sutton and Lennon sitting in Ibrox in full view of the fans? Of course there would be, same as there would be at Parkhead if, say, Nacho Novo and Kris Boyd were in view of them.
The best we would’ve heard if they had both been trackside presenting would be 50k fans calling the wankers.

Not sure I am following our own fans here that think the club is wrong. We've let BT Sports in as part of the requirements. The club are entitled to let whoever they want person wise into the stadium and if they don't want Sutton and Lennon in there then no problem. Sutton and Lennon have tried to do more than enough harm to Rangers so why allow them in?

The fact Sutton is saying it is down to security reasons is just nonsense in my opinion. I am sure he knows fine well it's got nothing to do with security. Nothing would happen to him other than a bit of abuse, absolutely nothing. Same goes for Lennon, nothing would happen.

Back