Christmas foodbank appeal - old rangers tops wanted/needed.

SirWalterSmith

Hi Guys

Mark has given me his blessing to post.

Im making an annual appeal as every year where we are is pulling out all the stops and joining forces with a number of other organisations across Glasgow and the West

The challenges resulting from the various restrictions last year businesses and community groups across East Kilbride managed to collect over 2000 Christmas parcels for the most vulnerable members of the Glasgow and the West community. Over 300 of these gifts went to care homes, with a number of food packs including Christmas turkeys and other festive products, given to families in need, care homes, those suffering social isolation, and children who would not have got a present otherwise. It was a monumental effort and I know that those who have signed up to help again this year will pull out the stops to support those most in need across the town.

We support a number of charities and community initiatives throughout the year and the festive season is no different. FF posters have shown their generosity and caring spirit time and time again when I do this every year and we have no doubt they will push the boat out to support the Christmas Kindness Campaign.

It is a tremendous initiative that will ensure that those in need across the Glasgow and the West, whatever their age,

We want to make sure that no child goes without this year of all years, and I need your support to make that happen.

What I need from kind hearted bears.

Old rangers tops – (that can be recycled – Mens/Kids any size)

For old folks homes Any alcohol (spirits etc for veterans and vulnerable elderly residents)

Rangers memorabilia (books programmes signed pictures etc – for our fundraising night in December and for bears in care homes)

Selection boxes

Any other childrens toys that can be recycled.

If this is something you can help me with. Thanks to the kindness of FF I managed to contribute 48 parcels last year,

This year I’m going for 55 - J

If this is something you can help with please pm me.

Please note I cant take cash donations or any financial donations – I volunteer to do this to those have been in my position and to help those who have helped me when I needed it most.

Thank you so much guys. Please PM me if you can help

Thank you for reading!

Will gather some books together and other stuff, I will PM you during the week.
As a suggestion, I have the two Mygers packs that all members have received so far, both have been opened to remove the Membership cards only, perhaps other members and FF posters are like minded and have them sitting gathering dust.
You can have them, if you wish.

I have loads of old tops but I wouldn’t want to give them away, however I do have kids toys I would happily donate. I live in Hillhead.

PM me if you are interested.

Hi Guys

Mark has given me his blessing to post.

Im making an annual appeal as every year where we are is pulling out all the stops and joining forces with a number of other organisations across Glasgow and the West

The challenges resulting from the various restrictions last year businesses and community groups across East Kilbride managed to collect over 2000 Christmas parcels for the most vulnerable members of the Glasgow and the West community. Over 300 of these gifts went to care homes, with a number of food packs including Christmas turkeys and other festive products, given to families in need, care homes, those suffering social isolation, and children who would not have got a present otherwise. It was a monumental effort and I know that those who have signed up to help again this year will pull out the stops to support those most in need across the town.

We support a number of charities and community initiatives throughout the year and the festive season is no different. FF posters have shown their generosity and caring spirit time and time again when I do this every year and we have no doubt they will push the boat out to support the Christmas Kindness Campaign.

It is a tremendous initiative that will ensure that those in need across the Glasgow and the West, whatever their age,

We want to make sure that no child goes without this year of all years, and I need your support to make that happen.

What I need from kind hearted bears.

Old rangers tops – (that can be recycled – Mens/Kids any size)

For old folks homes Any alcohol (spirits etc for veterans and vulnerable elderly residents)

Rangers memorabilia (books programmes signed pictures etc – for our fundraising night in December and for bears in care homes)

Selection boxes

Any other childrens toys that can be recycled.

If this is something you can help me with. Thanks to the kindness of FF I managed to contribute 48 parcels last year,

This year I’m going for 55 - J

If this is something you can help with please pm me.

Please note I cant take cash donations or any financial donations – I volunteer to do this to those have been in my position and to help those who have helped me when I needed it most.

Thank you so much guys. Please PM me if you can help

Thank you for reading!
The very best of luck to you mate,i hope you smash 55.

To all the individual and collective offers of support I'll get back to you asap just got my booster and not feeling very well. You guys make me proud to be a member of the rangers family.

To all the individual and collective offers of support I'll get back to you asap just got my booster and not feeling very well. You guys make me proud to be a member of the rangers family.
I haven't got back to everyone in this thread. Or one or two pms. The booster floored me.

Hope you're ok mate. Just got a question, what do you mean by recycling old Rangers tops?

Cheers. Bit brighter

Basically kids ones adult ones. I parcel unwanted ones or kids ones that have got too small into Christmas parcels. They basically then go onto the local schools or anyone who has been referred by an agency. I try to help people in my situation. It's more unwanted ones or ones that people dont need or like last season's or that. Scarves . If need be I'll clean them up and steam them hats etc. Just doing my best to help others who may not get much or anything.

The toys are more if people are clearing out for this year As long as it is useable I'll box it up and parcel it.

The only thing I refuse to do is take tops from the other side of Glasgow . Prefer not to catch anything

I hope that makes sense mate

Will gather some books together and other stuff, I will PM you during the week.
As a suggestion, I have the two Mygers packs that all members have received so far, both have been opened to remove the Membership cards only, perhaps other members and FF posters are like minded and have them sitting gathering dust.
You can have them, if you wish.
Sorry @govantrueblue just getting to this.yes would be great to have them if there sitting gathering dust. That's the whole point of this really to turn things gathering dust into a reusable parcel.

I'll pm you tonight. Thank you so much

Happy to donate a few copies of my 1st book ' 10 matches 10 players ' and my latest ' Follow We Will ' 34 Rangers fans stories of following from all over the World . PM and I'll send them next week. Great initiative , well done everyone involved
I have sent you a DM mate.

Sorry if I have missed this, but is there a general drop off point for donations or will I PM you as some posters have done.

I have a few items that may be suitable.

stuff we still need/could use

stuff for teenagers (can be reused)

drinks for old folks homes

any form of toys

old mygers packs

if anyone had anything else thats great too.

@SirWalterSmith

Do you need anything for girls? I could make up some beauty/ perfume boxes as gifts. I have tonnes of unopened stuff I don’t use.

I’ve had a go making some up. Reckon I can do 5 boxes. One perfume and matching products, 3 make up (probably suit young women/ teenagers) and one toiletries like bubble bath. Just let me know when want them. Have put in tissue etc but not wrapped.

Bump. If anyone can help with the above items that would be a huge help and thank those who have helped so far

Have a great sunday bears and bearettes

Some people asked for a go fund me/just giving

This is run by all of the charities direct so every penny goes straight to the appeal..

Everything no matter how big or small will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

I have few old xbox 360 consoles with games etc,kids scooters, toys.
I am in Glasgiw at the weekend if you pm.me can try sort out a pick up

Back