Ciaran Dickson

Can’t say I’ve seen much of the Youths but he was a different level against ICT than most of the rest.

If his old man is a total bitter he will for sure be chipping away at him every day in life.
Despite no doubt taking him to Auchenhowie everyday since the boy was a child? Longing for him to be successful at the club? Mental.

Its no coincidence some of the best players in our academy (Kennedy, Dickson, Dire Mebude etc) are wanting out. Blaming it on their attitude, their dad, or Michael Stewart, is nothing but a cop out.

Dickson is the one who comes from a proper poet family, not one who likes Celtic as such. But you wouldn’t know it on the park, he’s one of the few academy players these days who can both play football and do the dirty work too.

Pretty pointless having the academy.
Not really. If we can generate fees if they ain't good enough then it pays off. Players are being taken off us because we have found good players and develop them. You win some you lose some. Nathan Patterson got around 45 mins last night. We also take players off other teams. It's just the football food chain.

At the end of the day how many of them actually ever play for us let alone become starters. If his attitude is not right he is better off elsewhere

Despite no doubt taking him to Auchenhowie everyday since the boy was a child? Longing for him to be successful at the club? Mental.

Its no coincidence some of the best players in our academy (Kennedy, Dickson, Dire Mebude etc) are wanting out. Blaming it on their attitude, their dad, or Michael Stewart, is nothing but a cop out.

How do you know he took him everyday and how do you know he’s not been chirping in his ear?

Kids take a lot from their parents.

Easy to blame the club !

What are you getting at if you have something black and white please do come out and fill us all in.

Looked exceptional against ICT in the cup thought he was on for a big future with us.

Apparently he’s one of them not sure how much truth is in it but we are wasting some amount of cash developing the likes of him and Kennedy if they are from questionable roots.
Are you actually suggesting we shouldn't have youth players who grew up supporting Celtic or have family who do?

I’ll be honest that I don’t know much about the lads, however if we are getting a fee it must be a positive. Not every promising youngster will make it to the first team, indeed the possibility for any to make it is very slim given the high standard we demand instantly. Better to get money in than nothing at all.

There is no point in holding on to a young player who doesn't want to be at the club. If money is the lad's reason for wanting to move then (to be very obvious), we need to make a decision on his value. If that decision is that we don't think that he's worth it then it's cheerio. I genuinely have no problem regarding that with a youth team player. Gilmour was exceptional but we could not have matched Chelsea wage wise nor afforded his long term absence due to injury - as Chelsea are now having to do.

Not really worked out that well for us has it ?

Mcgeough , Burt, Kennedy now Dickson.
We got a development fee for McGeough who didn't exactly go on to fantastic things. And we'll get something for Kennedy and Dickson if they leave. Not really detrimental is it?

We got a development fee for McGeough who didn't exactly go on to fantastic things. And we'll get something for Kennedy and Dickson if they leave. Not really detrimental is it?

Do you think it will in any way make up for the amount of cash we have spent on them ?

Not really worked out that well for us has it ?

Mcgeough , Burt, Kennedy now Dickson.

McGeouch left Celtc for us in the first place and is hardly a superstar. Burt just hasn't made it, not sure he even has a club now. The other two, we'll see.

McGeouch left Celtc for us in the first place and is hardly a superstar. Burt just hasn't made it, not sure he even has a club now. The other two, we'll see.

Yeah he was quick enough to run back though first sign of them flashing their knickers.

Burt was them same and was highly Rated.

Can be argued that Kennedy is our best prospect after Gillmour and some really good teams are showing Interest.

I honestly can’t say what the deal is with Dickson but if he has mentally challenged leanings it will come in to it for sure.

Tbh I’m not at all privy to the culture and politics you allude to .
Re best players well tbh they all are very good let’s be honest and these names you list are simply the ones in the headlines for current discussion .

I’ve seen a decent amount of youth games the last 18 months or so and tbh what I would say is that generally players are getting and most importantly getting better .

it’s good that people have the right and freedom to go where they like and see if the grass is greener and I would imagine Rangers philosophy supports that too .

if they go good luck . Unless it’s to Paedsville where obviously the opposite becomes the case .

He didn’t. Was the other side of family who’d take him.

For me if they don't want to play for Rangers they should be booted straight out the door.

Cant argue with that at all.

Surely a young kid has to see better opportunities to break in here than the PL. Must be all about money. Good luck to them I won't lose much sleep for the Gilmours of the world

No-one cries about the developing club when we bring in young players from elsewhere. (Let alone when we bring full professionals across the border for nominal development fees)

It is what it is. If you have a group of young prospects you have to assume you will push 1 or 2 into the first team, some will leave and some won't make it.

Best of luck to the lad.

I think it’s only polite and gentlemanly of Sheffield United to allow us to take John Fleck back up the road for free in exchange. Please action this request immediately gents.

Always disappointing to see young players move on, especially ones showing sign of promise. Its the circle of life in football though. Lets keep things in perspective.

So much nonsense on here. Do you think Forrest or McGregor have any leanings towards us after years at Torbett Towers? These guys have an affinity towards their teammates and they're together for years.

Uncertainty?
I haven't read anything of this.
Can you tell us more?

There might not be any league football this season with clubs cutting back on their academies due to covid. Elfieldo that posts on here and follows the youth setup mentioned it on twitter back in July.

Looks like for now its friendlies only for our teams the B team played Queens Park today and the 18s are playing Thistle tonight for 2nd time in a week.

There might not be any league football this season with clubs cutting back on their academies due to covid. Elfieldo that posts on here and follows the youth setup mentioned it on twitter back in July.

Looks like for now its friendlies only for our teams the B team played Queens Park today and the 18s are playing Thistle tonight for 2nd time in a week.

The plan is for the U18 league to go ahead but that is obviously up in the air.

We were due to play Hearts (B Team) and Kilmarnock (U18's) at the weekend. But were only allowed to play teams from a restricted area, so the games were replaced with BSC Glasgow and Partick Thistle.

What's the difference between these players and Nathan Patterson? Continually blaming the Club is also a cop out.

Whilst we leave a lot to be desired with our youth development, a lot of boys won’t be fancying a year of just playing friendlies vs local teams when the English Youth leagues are back up and running

What's the difference between these players and Nathan Patterson? Continually blaming the Club is also a cop out.
Patterson supports Rangers, thats the difference. He’d probably wait till hes 25 to get a shot at the club.

Back