City v Real Madrid

Barca and Real look a shadow of the teams they were 3 or 4 years ago.

Who are the top dogs in Europe now? Bayern? PSG? Liverpool?

PSG are in the ‘easy’ side of the draw, but when it comes down to it would you really put cash on them beating Atletico Madrid or even Atalanta?

Bayern strong favourites for me, but they have had a few weeks off and you never know in one off games.

The way the draw has worked out this year if PSG don’t win it they never will
PSG are in the ‘easy’ side of the draw, but when it comes down to it would you really put cash on them beating Atletico Madrid or even Atalanta?

Bayern strong favourites for me, but they have had a few weeks off and you never know in one off games.
I fancy Atalanta to put them out, will admit that’s the Serie A fan boy in me being bias. ;)

Agreed. Think it's Bayern's this year. They've look incredible every time i've watched them.
I agree mate, be interesting to see them play Chelsea. I fully expect them to as big a number on them as Bayer did with us on Thursday.
All this not played for a month means nothing for these well oiled machines who hit the ground running knowing there are multi million pound signings in the stand waiting to take their shirt

I agree mate, be interesting to see them play Chelsea. I fully expect them to as big a number on them as Bayer did with us on Thursday.
All this not played for a month means nothing for these well oiled machines who hit the ground running knowing there are multi million pound signings in the stand waiting to take their shirt

Yip, although they are 3-0 up from the first leg. Still, I wouldn't expect them to sit back. I reckon they'll go for a quick goal to kill the tie.

Benzema one of those strange players who consistently performs on the big stage, scoring big goals, and yet he's not really mentioned when most people talk about the 'best' strikers in the game.

Yip, although they are 3-0 up from the first leg. Still, I wouldn't expect them to sit back. I reckon they'll go for a quick goal to kill the tie.
Yeah score a goal, sit back and cruise it. By sit back and relax the German's obviously mean press like %^*& at the top end and it makes life easier at the defending end. I'm so glad tika taka is done, long life high press, high octane fitba

Benzema one of those strange players who consistently performs on the big stage, scoring big goals, and yet he's not really mentioned when most people talk about the 'best' strikers in the game.
I think part of it is that he has played in Ronaldos shadow for years and doesn’t get the numbers guys like Lewandowski get.

He’s recorded more assists for Madrid than any other Madrid player in history.

Kane? Number 4 or not rated
Number 4 mate, he would be ahead of Immobile if he had a proper run of games this season though. Kane is probably the only one of them that could genuinely score from anywhere within 40 yards.

EDIT: I’m withdrawing that, the Serie A fan boy in me can’t see past him scoring 40 goals this season. At number 4 he stays :)

Benzema isn’t in the top 5 CF in the world according to Darren Bent this morning :))
You'd happily spunk £40m on him knowing you'd have zero sell on and cost you a fortune in wages but make your club better, any club in the world that is. A no.9 Benzema is silverware

Number 4 mate, he would be ahead of Immobile if he had a proper run of games this season though. Kane is probably the only one of them that could genuinely score from anywhere within 40 yards.

EDIT: I’m withdrawing that, the Serie A fan boy in me can’t see past him scoring 40 goals this season. At number 4 he stays :)

Ahead of Aguero? Not in the same league imo.

Love that!
Just imagine back in the heydays say the 1990s a Kane would be playing for a Genoa score 18 goals keeping them up on the last game of the season not even the 4th best forward in the league

Ahead of Aguero? Not in the same league imo.
I love Aguero, on sheer ability I would have him ahead of Kane. Fitness is catching up to him though so currently I think Kane is better/better option. City’s biggest task is getting his replacement, I like Jesus but he doesn’t have that ruthless Aguero does.

I really think Kevin De Bruyne is a sensational player. Would love to see him a team like Madrid. Or Rangers if we could swing that.

The thing that impresses me in watching teams like this is their ability to achieve instant control of the ball and then deliver a pass or a shot. Leverkusen had it last night but not quite to the same degree.

Been a breathlessly exciting end to end first half this. City shading it but lingering doubt they will fk it up as traditionally City do

Love that!
Just imagine back in the heydays say the 1990s a Kane would be playing for a Genoa score 18 goals keeping them up on the last game of the season not even the 4th best forward in the league
Negri hit 16 (I think) the year we signed him, mental figure for the time. Considering he was at Perugia.

Wee Sterling has all the dribbling skills of Lionel Messi and all the composure and decision making skills of Lionel Richie.

Back