Twente
Anderlecht
RB Salzburg
Partizan
Fenerbahce
Servette
Dynamo Kyiv
Slavia Prague
(Don’t know coefficient for these teams to know who we can get)

We’re guaranteed Europa at minimum but hopefully summer recruit well and draw lucky to sneak in to the megabucks of super league phase £60m payday.

we won't be qualifying for it. its another rebuild with the club not wanting to spend a penny until they know what competition were going to be in
Well they can’t look at it like that give that lot another CL money to themselves surely if your good businessman you see that

We will be the highest ranked team in the qualifiers as Benfica will get straight into the groups due to the new rules. I thought it was Twente who were currently 3rd in Holland but could be wrong. We 100% won't be facing PSV, Feyenoord or Ajax though. Will also be teams from Turkey, Belgium etc so won't be a given but it will, on paper, be the easiest we've had it in qualifying as there will be none of the Dutch teams mentioned above or Benfica or Porto either in either of the rounds.

As it stands.
Lille
Twente
Anderlecht
RB Salzburg
Partizan
Fenerbahce
Servette
Dynamo Kyiv
Slavia Prague

We’re guaranteed Europa at minimum but hopefully summer recruit well and draw lucky to sneak in to the megabucks of super league phase £60m payday.
I'm sure I read with the new rules the French (5th placed nation ranking) get an additional guaranteed place instead of needing to go through qualifiers now which means no French teams as well as no Portuguese teams or any of the big 3 from Holland. The above is still one helluva list though, when I looked a few weeks ago it didn't appear that difficult.

As it stands.
Lille
Twente
Anderlecht
RB Salzburg
Partizan
Fenerbahce
Servette
Dynamo Kyiv
Slavia Prague

60m? It's going up weekly

We are in real trouble of being left behind in their dust at this rate. We have to somehow find a way to qualify.
I’d argue we’ve already been left behind in their dust. They have £60M+(?) in the bank and have won the last three leagues including a treble and a double.

On the plus side, I’m not actually sure how much further ahead they can get. They have a shit ton of money in the bank, so what’s a few more million? But there’s a limit to the amount of money you can spend on players in this league.

The concern is perhaps more on how can we keep up with the lack of CL money. Can we keep going with the amount of money we’re spending with only EL? I genuinely have no idea.

I’d argue we’ve already been left behind in their dust. They have £60M+(?) in the bank and have won the last three leagues including a treble and a double.

On the plus side, I’m not actually sure how much further ahead they can get. They have a shit ton of money in the bank, so what’s a few more million? But there’s a limit to the amount of money you can spend on players in this league.

The concern is perhaps more on how can we keep up with the lack of CL money. Can we keep going with the amount of money we’re spending with only EL? I genuinely have no idea.

I agree, there's a ceiling to what you can attract in this league but having more funds just gives you more attempts at getting signings correct.

As it stands.
Lille
Twente
Anderlecht
RB Salzburg
Partizan
Fenerbahce
Servette
Dynamo Kyiv
Slavia Prague

Has Europa league set up changed like champs league?

As it stands.
Lille
Twente
Anderlecht
RB Salzburg
Partizan
Fenerbahce
Servette
Dynamo Kyiv
Slavia Prague

This 60m thing has grown arms and legs.

It’s nothing like as much as that, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it.

Only saving grace about qualifiers is that the list of potential opponents is the poorest (for the non champs route) I’ve seen in years.

we won't be qualifying for it. its another rebuild with the club not wanting to spend a penny until they know what competition were going to be in
We are already committed to spending circa £4m of our ‘pot’ on Diomande without knowing which competition we will be in.

Well they can’t look at it like that give that lot another CL money to themselves surely if your good businessman you see that
Murray we were told was a good business man, that ended well. Then we had the Arthur Daley loyal running the club. Shambles is being kind.

Too many shysters involved in football, especially outside the oil barons and state run clubs that share their scraps with us. I just want those to move on and have their super league. Let the rest of us get back to reality football for true football fans.

its alot more than normal with the new format.
It’s a lot more than normal if you do well. A pretty standard scum European campaign would be 30m tops. The prize money and money for getting to the later stages is bigger, conversely the 10 year coefficient payment in which they usually got around 10m has been slashed massively, probably down to around 3m.

Champions League would see us humiliated. Lets learn to walk again before we start thinking about running about with the big boys.

Huge clear out required and sign some quality for the starting 11. We need to work with a trimmer squad and if that costs us the league it costs us the league. We can’t foresee what injuries will hit us and where but we can stop carrying masses of players on huge wages who get outworked by the likes of Motherwell and Ross County.

Celtic will get destroyed again in the Champions League. They made an arse of themselves this season devoid of criticism from their compliant media The standard of football in Scotland is now at its worst ever and there's little sign of things improving.

Sorry we can’t I’m willing to take a few hidings in the CL next season if it stops them getting the lot as the following season automatic qualification is gone so most likely both will be Europa League teams this year is all about not giving them the lot and if we actually got through will get bigger share due to our 10 year co efficient being higher than them now

Back