Clancy today

Had his moments but nowhere near as bad as normal. No doubt saving that for the next game.

Twice he stopped the game for free kicks instead of playing advantage and even booked Middleton for a nothing challenge to attempt to justify the stoppage.

Apart from that not his usual cheating bastard self.

Blowing for full time when they had a corner was interesting.

Aye, I think the one where he pulled it back to give us a foul when we had advantage was about the only thing he got wrong for us. The Middleton booking was bizarre.

I said it in a Clancy thread before the game that he wouldn’t be a threat to us today.

He’s clearly an awful referee but he’s smart enough to know when to show his bias and when not to. At home to Dundee United he’ll ref a fair game. Away to the beggars, hearts etc would be a very different story.

I don't disagree about Clancy but, makes you wonder why he didn't give them a penalty at 2-1. Would've been very easy to do so.

Actually, I hate admitting it, he was lenient to us today, could’ve gave a penalty on 2 occasions, also he could’ve done a Collum and red carded King fora professional foul. He wasn’t our problem today, Gio was
Jesus Christ, both Tony Watt and Mcgrath dived and King's foul was a yellow unless you're telling me Lundstram deserved a red card v Hibs.

When i

Ok some posters seem to have got their panties in a twist with my use of the word lenient. What I mean is he could’ve screwed us over but didn’t, would you have been screaming for a pen if it was us in their box? I would’ve , especially the Barisic one. All I’m saying is for once he reffed us fairly, I’m not meaning he did us any favours, that clear it up?
No panties in a twist.

Thanks for clearing up that your understanding of the word lenient is treating fairly.

Middleton should have been booked way before he actually was FFS!!

Clancy was OK today and did not buy the cheating of the United players

His decision to bring back play late on as Rangers broke forward was a dreadful decision

Seven League games in pre VAR and we have had Clancy , Robertson and Walsh twice and Oor Willie got the other. Corrupt to the core!!
correct, middleton got away with a pull back that tav got booked for
how he thought the barge on mccann at the edge of the box wasnt a foul is baffling

Think the Orcs upset him when the hurled abuse at him outside the piggery. Has he left the dark side?, We’ll see. More probably he got his card marked to tone it down.

Why would he cheat us today? We are sh*t, it is to his benefit for us to continue like this, an absolute delight for him today.
Could have let the corner go at the end knowing how we defend these we could have been another 2 points behind.

Blowing for full time when time is up is what refs are supposed to do.
It was odd he never let them take the corner right enough.
You know what I was delighted that little tim blew at that time today - as our defence is diabolical at corners. However as a practice I always thought it looks corrupt from a ref when you are chasing a goal and the ref doesn’t allow the corner. If not corrupt it just looks like poor officiating. I know some refs always allow a corner to be taken/cleared in that situation and that is a better look.

It‘s something that should not be allowed within the laws of the game in my opinion - when you consider it’s supposed to be entertainment - and how inaccurate and flexible injury time seems to be in every game. If there was a stopwatch ticking down the time like some sports do then it would be understandable.

Middleton should have been booked way before he actually was FFS!!

Clancy was OK today and did not buy the cheating of the United players

His decision to bring back play late on as Rangers broke forward was a dreadful decision

Seven League games in pre VAR and we have had Clancy , Robertson and Walsh twice and Oor Willie got the other. Corrupt to the core!!

He also missed the barge on McCann, outside their box, the same foul he kept giving that mob,

Like every referee in Scotland he's hopeless and then add in the team he supports. The bald linesman was a very strange looking individual.

More likely he thought we are that p!sh there is no need for him to intervene at this stage in the season.

The one where Watt dived and should have been booked?

That stonewaller?
I don’t recall Watt getting booked for it. It was the second half, Broomloan/Govan side of the box. Haven’t seen it again on th le tell but from my vantage point looked like a stick on.

Had his moments but nowhere near as bad as normal. No doubt saving that for the next game.

Twice he stopped the game for free kicks instead of playing advantage and even booked Middleton for a nothing challenge to attempt to justify the stoppage.

Apart from that not his usual cheating bastard self.

Blowing for full time when they had a corner was interesting.
Blowing for full time when he did was clearly a let off for us. No doubt about it.

Don't understand the sentiment here. What if he had allowed the corner and the result of the corner was another corner to DU, should he allow that corner to be taken or should he blow for full time? Be it the prior to the first corner or the second corner, he would still be ending the game on a DU corner. Do we play the alloted time or do we continue to play if DU have a corner?

For what it's worth, I agree Clancy had a good game yesterday apart from the two advantages he missed, the cheap booking for Middleton to try and cover up one if the advantages and he could have booked a DU player for diving in the box. Like others have said, the cynic in me does think they feel the league is already over.
Correct.

The only thing the laws state that time should be added for is to take a penalty.

A real pet hate of mine when referees allow moves to break down or allow a free kick.

I would have been screaming for the 1 in the 90th minute that tillman tripped their player in the box, he didn't give it and then blew for full time when Dundee United had a corner. Certainly not usual clancy but welcome change

he'll not sleep tonight for not giving them a penalty now given todays events

Back