Class from Greg Docherty

Nice flag they have for "The Doc"

8tNuyB6r.jpg

We should be sending more lads from the fringes down here. It does their confidence the world of good and let’s them experience playing first team football.

I’m hopeful he can push on from here. He certainly has the talent and temperament.

I hope Greg can now push for a place in our squad for next season.He has been totally professional during his loan spell at Shrewsbury. It's great to see how their support have responded and the manner in which Greg has replied. Well done! The mark of a true Ranger!

Has Gerrard not came out before and said that he's not a CB, yet with frightening regularity there are posts on here saying he is a CB, or will be a future CB.
Well that's a real shame for the boy, because he's not a good enough passer to get in our first team. Maybe a year on loan would help him become a midfielder. Unfortunate for him, because he's a real talent. He'll be a top centre half somewhere. Reminds me of when Dundee United played souttar in midfield, made him a better centre half later.

No mate hes not a CB imo
Greg Docherty is a better midfielder in my opinion. So that puts at least three ahead of him (probably 4 including Rossiter). Yet when he came through the youth ranks, he was rated as a top centre half prospect...not just one of the best in this country.

He is clearly a credit to himself, his family and Rangers Football Club.
Like all on here, I hope he gets his chance and takes it.

Doc applies himself with true professionalism and coupled with his enthusiasm for the game, I'm confident the lad will make the step up into the Rangers first team.

Well that's a real shame for the boy, because he's not a good enough passer to get in our first team. Maybe a year on loan would help him become a midfielder. Unfortunate for him, because he's a real talent. He'll be a top centre half somewhere. Reminds me of when Dundee United played souttar in midfield, made him a better centre half later.

The Dutch do it as a matter of course. Play their centre halves in midfield at a young age to develop their awareness and speed at moving the ball under pressure.

If Ross is to have a future with Rangers it will be as a central defender.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t even include him as a midfielder, he’s a RB or CH
I agree about him not being a midfielder. Tin hat on, but he doesn't look comfortable or natural in there. Lacks mobility, touch, passing and vision required.

Either way I'd say he needs to go out on loan to get games and then see where that takes him.

If he is to knuckle down and develop further, i'd say it should be as a defender.

Greg does come across as a lad with his nut screwed on the right way!
Would love to see him do well at Rangers .

You know, that is what I would expect from a young player going out on loan. He has absolutely smashed it. No petulance, no acting the cnt, just got on with it and played his heart out. Well done to him, he'll come back a better player for it.

His 'report card' will be very good.

I've a lot of time for the lad, he's taken the opportunity of a loan deal to prove that he'll act in a professional manner and prove that he's worthy of an opportunity to become a fully fledged Rangers player.
I would love it to work out for the guy, he's proven that he has the mettle to handle all the game throws at him and still come out on top.
Well done young man!

Has Gerrard not came out before and said that he's not a CB, yet with frightening regularity there are posts on here saying he is a CB, or will be a future CB.

I think Ross McCrorie has a genuine dilemma positionally and also as to whether we are the club where he will actually build his career. As a centre back he has a much better chance of actually featuring regularly whereas wanting to be a defensive midfielder sees him competing for a position where we already have a number of players I personally think are more accomplished players then Ross at this stage.

I would like to see Ross go out on loan next season and see what that leads too. I think we will strengthen in the middle next season and that sees him further down the pecking order again.

It’s been great seeing him down here. Everyone could see he was a lad who has talent. Impeccably behaved on and off the pitch. A true professional. I just hope he gets a chance at the Famous. Well done Greg.

What a terrific loan move it's been for Doc

He's got 50 games under his belt down there. 50 games! That is some amount. Whether or not he makes it at us, this experience will stand him in excellent stead going forward with his career. There are some decent teams in that division as well

For context, Scott Allan has played around the same amount, but over the last four years :oops:

Well done to the club for sorting the transfer, and well done to Greg for getting his head down and giving it his all

Hope both Rossiter and Doc return and get a good pre season under their belts and be a big part of our season next year.

McCrorie a CB and Murphy a CM?

Some amount of fishing/trolling going on here. Either that or folk who don't have a fucking clue.

Back