Class words from Tav in the program

I am happy to say I was completely wrong about Tav, I never thought he was captain material and at times I never thought he would lead us to win anything.

That was until this season were he has been the ultimate leader and I can't wait to see him lift the trophy.

Never been so happy to be wrong and quite happy to admit it.

Good post, you're not alone but probably will be alone in your honesty.

Fair play.

I've moaned about him plenty in the past, and been given a couple of holidays form here as a result. I stand by most of what I said, when I said it and my criticism of him.

Equally, I'll happily admit to being totally wrong in saying he would never be Captaincy material. His transformation this season has been astonishing. I believe he has been listening to and learning from the management team and has obviously worked very, very hard on his game to the extent that we are now disappointed if he is only so-so in a match.

He is now every inch a worthy Rangers Captain and will thoroughly deserve to lift the League Trophy in a couple of months time and will have earned all the praise that will come his way as a result. Which is definitely not something I thought I'd be typing 12 months ago!

Edit - Just to add that's a superb piece from him, which epitomises what he now is.

He mentions Goldsons comment of "fixing the roof while the sun's still shining"

I agree 100%. There are still various areas where we can improve - no matter how good our clean sheet record is, where we finished in our Europa group, or how many goals we've conceded. We should always be striving for better, thats what makes a good team a great team.

I can just hear 90% of FF screaming at him "we're unbeaten in the league you f*cking idiot"

He's a terrific footballer and a great captain. Cannot wait to see him lift the trophy, always believed he would lead us to the title

Could it be that he was correctly criticised for his poor performances and is now correctly praised for his improvements. He's cut out the mistakes, improved his defending.

I don't see how the initial criticisms were somehow wrong?

I think having Gerrard telling you that you are captain material is probably what made him believe it! Looks like a good decision by the manager.

He is on his way to being the captain who brings the title home, plus being the top goal scorer and player of the year to boot. Not to mention being a mainstay in a defence that concedes a ridiculously low number of goals.

That’s legacy stuff that future captains will strive to match.

Tin hat time but for me the jury’s out, I expect a captain to lead on the park in particular when we don’t turn up till half time or leave after an hour and start walking football.

Great footballer, great athlete (sets a fantastic physical standard, which he expects others to meet), mentally very strong.

Bona fide Rangers captain.

Back