Clement Connor will have an important role in the next few weeks and next season also

I think this shows the hold that two have in our team. Both him and Tav have got themselves into a position where managers are afraid to drop them so much so that he has to make public statements.
The quicker that two are out of our team the better, they have far too much of a stranglehold.

What a load of made up nonsense.

1) It's nothing to do with Tav. They aren't joined at the hip.

2) Tav doesn't get dropped because, despite slowing down lately, he's still, by an absolute mile, the best full back we have.

3) All the manager is doing is answering a question about a player not being selected which they all have to do the world over ever week.

4) Clement clearly isn't scared to drop Goldson because, erm, he has.

Some people really just make stuff up. Mental.

169153-don-t-panic-the-dad-s-army-story-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

;)

People are in for a shock...we have to realise we need to wheel and deal and there are only so many players you will be able to move on in the summer....people are unlikely to move for less money etc.

Sorting this out is a 3-4 transfer window project
6 or 7 out of contract for starters.
Then the guys who will want to move on
Then the kids who want game time so want a move

It's going to be a massive summer

It doesn't really. He's just highpy unlikely to announce he's going to be surplus to requirements in the summer at this stage of the season. When he was asked through the week about the Goldsen / Balogun situation, he said it was the benefit of having '4 top centre halfs'. I think the reality is he knows he doesn't really have any 'top' centre halfs. Wouldn't be surprised to see Goldson, Balogun and Davies all moved on if we can.

Tricky selections coming up.
Does he bring him back in for Kilmarnock and protect Balogun for Celtic?

What a load of made up nonsense.

1) It's nothing to do with Tav. They aren't joined at the hip.

2) Tav doesn't get dropped because, despite slowing down lately, he's still, by an absolute mile, the best full back we have.

3) All the manager is doing is answering a question about a player not being selected which they all have to do the world over ever week.

4) Clement clearly isn't scared to drop Goldson because, erm, he has.

Some people really just make stuff up. Mental.
They have far too much of a stranglehold over our team and the quicker that’s resolved the better.

He would have been eased off the ball like Balogun at times but wouldn’t have had the recovery pace to put in three crucial challenges.

The sooner this back line is broken up, the better. It’s shit. We saw that again today.

Exactly, imagine Goldson making that tackle towards the end near our bye line.

would still be chasing the guy. that was some recovery by Balogun, who had allowed himself to be out muscles at times but has that pace that can get him out of bother as it proved today.

More aggressive in the tackle for me as well than Goldson, distinct lack of take no prisoners at times with Balogun.

He volunteered the info re next season. If he wanted him gone he doesn’t mention next season.
Goldson being here next season was asked at the presser 48 hours before, after Gerrard was linked with him. He probably just thought he better throw that line in today, before the media jumped on him only mentioning this season. It was a throwaway comment. Really don't understand people hanging on every word the manager, any manager, says to the media and taking it as absolute gospel.

They have far too much of a stranglehold over our team and the quicker that’s resolved the better.

Do they?

I think the whole Tavernier/Goldson thing is getting a bit wildly out of control personally.

They are just footballers who no one has ever said a bad word about in terms of their influence.

It's hardly Vinnie Jones and John Fashanu bullying their team mates.

They play all the time because they've always been the best options for their position until now when there's a real question mark over Goldsons form.

Whether you think their time has cone and gone is one thing. I could well find myself agreeing with you. But stranglehold and the like? Silly talk based on nothing.

Not when he is one of the highest earners at the Club financially it's not worth it either.
And maybe the other 3 combined are on less than the current other 3 so it balances out a bit. Would absolutely want rid of Davies (and his wages) before Goldson and his.

He would have been eased off the ball like Balogun at times but wouldn’t have had the recovery pace to put in three crucial challenges.

The sooner this back line is broken up, the better. It’s shit. We saw that again today.
Absolutely.

I wasn't saying Goldson is Prime Nesta, just our defence is absolutely shit.

I wouldn’t believe as gospel what the manager or anyone else says at this stage of the season.

Everyone is playing the game and possibly being economic with the truth.

He volunteered the info re next season. If he wanted him gone he doesn’t mention next season.
Come on. He’s got to make him feel part of the squad. What if one of our CHs get injured next week? We bring the guy on who the gaffer has publicly said has no future? :oops: :)) Clement knows he’s not good enough. He’s the first manager to drop him in 6 years. You don’t just drop senior players to ‘rest’ them in the closest run for over decade. Goldson will be gone or a bit part player next year.

It’s like phoning the takeaway place and giving them abuse before they’ve sent your meal. You will end up with pubic hair in your food.

We still have a treble to win with Goldson as part of the squad. Absolute madness not to talk him up while you still need him.

Do they?

I think the whole Tavernier/Goldson thing is getting a bit wildly out of control personally.

They are just footballers who no one has ever said a bad word about in terms of their influence.

It's hardly Vinnie Jones and John Fashanu bullying their team mates.

They play all the time because they've always been the best options for their position until now when there's a real question mark over Goldsons form.

Whether you think their time has cone and gone is one thing. I could well find myself agreeing with you. But stranglehold and the like? Silly talk based on nothing.
Don't agree with any of your tav/goldson posts over the last couple of weeks but fair play for standing your ground.

Another season of haphazard defending fills me with dread. One high ball over the top of his head he is beat ,and there won't be any Tav racing in behind him to cover as he is up the park and can't make it back . Can't say I'm happy tbh.

I’ve no issue with Clement saying what he did around Goldson. It’s just the media games he has to play. I still expect major changes in summer and wouldn’t be surprised if Goldson is moved on

He's also said in so many words that Lundstram would stay and that now looks to not be that case.

Wouldn't read too much into things like this.

6 or 7 out of contract for starters.
Then the guys who will want to move on
Then the kids who want game time so want a move

It's going to be a massive summer
Its always a massive summer with us, trying to get rid of the dross the previous managers have bought.

Don't agree with any of your tav/goldson posts over the last couple of weeks but fair play for standing your ground.

That's fair enough mate.

I'm a bigger defender of Tavernier than I am Goldson. I think Goldsons time has gone at Rangers.

I just don't agree with the mentality/bottlers side of things and I do think to suggest they have a stranglehold over the club is silly.

For me, football is a team game and the issues are that our teams the last few years just haven't quite been good enough. We've essentially finished exactly where the budgets in the league would suggest. We need better recruitment and better footballers to bridge that. I don't think it's fair to lump both together all the time and to blame them for us not winning things. Put them in better Rangers teams and they have bagfuls of medals.

So, yeah, I stand my ground on aspects of it for sure. Don't have any issue with people suggesting a fresh start. I do think a lot of the stuff getting thrown at two good servants has became silly and I tend to jump in on those posts.

Goldson couldn't get a better deal when he was at arguably his peak and out of contract.

He's going nowhere. Doesn't mean he will be first choice but we need to get him back up to speed and get him focussed again.

Back