Clement "I cant remember many red cards for catching a player on the toe"

Get the appeal and attach a letter to tell them to stop cheating us or just bypass them and send a letter to uefa with a bag full of the video evidence we have at least that way robertson et al will have to replace those fifa badges with tesco managers ones.

There's no doubt the card was wrong but if we appeal and lose then he'd maybe miss a more difficult game than Ayr at home
Is it worth the gamble to make the point is the question the club needs to address

There's no doubt the card was wrong but if we appeal and lose then he'd maybe miss a more difficult game than Ayr at home
Is it worth the gamble to make the point is the question the club needs to address
He wouldn't miss more than the Ayr game.
The fact that the VAR told him to go back and look again proves it wouldn't be a frivolous appeal.

The angles the referee was given on the monitor made it look much worse than it was. On one of them it looks like contact was down his shin.

He tries to nick the ball away and when his foot starts to give way he plants his foot so studs aren't showing.

A really shite decision that came as no surprise from that idiot.

The angles the referee was given on the monitor made it look much worse than it was. On one of them it looks like contact was down his shin.

He tries to nick the ball away and when his foot starts to give way he plants his foot so studs aren't showing.

Would the appeal process result in different views of the incident being reviewed then?

I do t think we would win an appeal. Not based on an actual investigation of the incident, but the ref gave a red, was advised by VAR to review the incident then he stuck by his decision. How many refs go to the monitor and stick by the decision? So we have a ref who has reviewed his own decision at the time via VAR and still sent him off! The system is a joke, they would probably stand by the ref as he reviewed it at the time! Couldn’t wait to change the perfectly good goal we scored against them earlier in the season the cheating prick!

Would the appeal process result in different views of the incident being reviewed then?

I honestly don't know, but I was watching in the house and he was shown two angles (as far as I can see). One showing the speed he came in at, which didn't look great, and the other was an angle from the near touchline which made it look like his studs were at ankle height at impact. They weren't. There is a much better angle which shows that the moment Sterling realises he's not getting the ball he pulls out of the tackle. His standing foot gives way which makes it look bad in real time.

I suspect an appeal would be won, especially if Lawell's chimps think it'll calm us down after the nonsense at the Piggery.

You can see the cheating ref ask for the final look at the VAR to be on full speed thus making it look worse and justifying his decision

I was so annoyed by this. The ref never saw the angle we all did where it was clear he slipped!

Appeal and see what the SFA and hand picked panel say

Dhon Robertson reviewed it and still with a 2nd chance to see incident incredibly he sticks with his decision

We all know his decision is influenced by his leanings and we all know he’s a Tim

If a panel refuse to overturn the red card big Phil will know what he’s up against and I think this would give the team and manager extra motivation to overcome the cheating and still win the league

Zero chance of a successful appeal given the ref reviewed it and stuck by his decision.

To overturn that would be to cast doubt over the referees competence.

He has already cast doubt on his ability all by himself.
He doesn’t need our help in doing that and it shouldn’t be seen as such.

Love Clement’s clever bit of ridicule “ze toe tackle”

I honestly don't know, but I was watching in the house and he was shown two angles (as far as I can see). One showing the speed he came in at, which didn't look great, and the other was an angle from the near touchline which made it look like his studs were at ankle height at impact. They weren't. There is a much better angle which shows that the moment Sterling realises he's not getting the ball he pulls out of the tackle. His standing foot gives way which makes it look bad in real time.

I suspect an appeal would be won, especially if Lawell's chimps think it'll calm us down after the nonsense at the Piggery.
What you saw were Sky's cameras was it not. Sly don't have access to VAR cameras which are completely different. Unless you were actually looking at the same monitor the ref was. Remember we have cheap VAR with hardly any cameras cause the SFA couldn't afford it and forced the clubs to pay for it.

It was a poor decision and even worse that the ref doubled down and stood by it - purely in the confidence the SFA will have his back regardless of how wrong it is. We should be appealing it and the board need to be making more noise, regardless of whether we think the SFA care or not. The board's job is to make them care.

It was a poor decision and even worse that the ref doubled down and stood by it - purely in the confidence the SFA will have his back regardless of how wrong it is. We should be appealing it and the board need to be making more noise, regardless of whether we think the SFA care or not. The board's job is to make them care.
Agreed.

There’s been plenty of cock-ups with decisions and VAR down south. The big difference is that generally the FA will acknowledge when a mistake has been made and there are consequences for the ref.

Up here the refs know there’s no consequences and the SFA will just close ranks behind them. No hope in hell of ever improving the standard of refereeing with that approach.

Look closely at clips after tackle. Ref runs up to book Sterling, he first goes for his pocket for a yellow, then changes his mind and goes to top pocket.
Did he see who it was then decide, or did someone in his ear shout red,red,red?

The speed Sterling goes in while getting there late makes it look worse when in reality there's no intent to harm the player, and he does try to pull out upon realising he's not getting there in time.
That causes him to slip and catch the player low on the toe.

It's a yellow all day long for me, nothing more nothing less.

The standard of refereeing is just horrendously bad, some deliberately worse than others.

I've not seen anyone else mention this, but hopefully someone will be along in a minute to confirm what I'm about to say, and apologies I don't know how to post clips.

If you watch the incident again, Shinnie shoves Sterling in the back as he's about to run to tackle, so momentarily he's leaning forward at pace and when he then slides in, because of the quick body shape change from leaning forward to back, it causes him to slip into the tackle.

Therfore I think we should appeal and bring this point up, which in my opinion exonerates Sterling, as the shove is definatley the catalyst in the way he makes the tackle and VAR and the ref should've seen that.

I was so annoyed by this. The ref never saw the angle we all did where it was clear he slipped!
Is this down to sky? Do they offer the replay angles? Wouldn’t surprise me if they are involved somewhere. They also have agenda

I thought it actually looked worse in slow motion
Funny how subjective these things are, I thought in real time with the 1 angle I’ve seen it looked bad, then on the replay I seen nothing but Sterling slipping and clipping his toe.

Get it appealed. I’d appeal fucking everything as we never have a proper “leg breaker”. I don’t trust these rats and anything that shows we aren’t standing for their bent decisions is worth it in my book.

I likened it to the one that Goldson got wiped out in the 2nd half. If he'd sent the Aberdeen player off then he could probably justify Sterling's red.

If Robertson thought that was only a yellow, then how can he after several looks at the Sterling incident come to the conclusion that Sterlings was worse than the one on Goldson.

I suspect we all know the answer.

I do t think we would win an appeal. Not based on an actual investigation of the incident, but the ref gave a red, was advised by VAR to review the incident then he stuck by his decision. How many refs go to the monitor and stick by the decision? So we have a ref who has reviewed his own decision at the time via VAR and still sent him off! The system is a joke, they would probably stand by the ref as he reviewed it at the time! Couldn’t wait to change the perfectly good goal we scored against them earlier in the season the cheating prick!
In general I don't think there's anything wrong with a ref being told to go to the monitor but deciding to stick with his original decision. After all he is still the main official and final decision should be his.

Obviously last night was just wrong. He made a rash decision then, despite being shown evidence suggesting he was wrong, still plows on. You can legislate for shite referees like that

You can see the cheating ref ask for the final look at the VAR to be on full speed thus making it look worse and justifying his decision
The footage during the review on sky looked much quicker than it was during play almost as if the footage had been speeded up didn’t look natural to me

celtic player on a yellow boots a sheep at knee height, no card. Rangers player stands on a sheep's toe, red card.

Love the subtle way big Phil takes a dig. Kinda in a way where he knows they cant do him for his comments.

Back