Clement isn't the problem

Away with the fairies in that interview. Utter nonsense and he doesn't need to be a mathematician to figure that this team have fucked up massively in the past 7 days.

We would be utterly mad to get rid of him. The common denominator year after year is the core of players who have choked in the big games.

That’s not how it works. If you coach a team to a style of play it’s pretty engrained. The displays recently and its longer than the last few games. Its been like that since he came in, you can get away with it if your winning but he’s not and he’s making mistakes in games.

The only style of play that clement has established is hoofball. He doesn’t have any patterns or passing on the deck. That won’t work here and needs to change.
So Pep, could coach them his style of play and they’d be able to execute it, week after week? I think we’ll need to agree to disagree bud.

Time has proved Gio probably wasn’t the problem either. The same players have let them both down. Gerrard at least took his fate into his own hands, but we all know the root cause in his case was being told there wasn’t cash to finish his overhaul of the squad. Any of those 3 can take the club forward.

Agree. The sense of deja vu here is frightening. The manner of collapse and the absolutely woeful performances - typified by a lack of desire and fight - speaks to a problem with the core of the team, particularly the senior players.

Sick of seeing people complaining about Clement and his team selection. He can only work with the players he's got and he's performed a miracle with them to even get us to this position.

The squad needs gutted starting with Tav, Goldson and Lundstram.

I've got a lot more faith in Clement than I did in Beale to get the recruitment right this summer. We need to give him time to get this right, another manager is not the answer.
I also believed that until I heard his post match now
He is absolutely deluded by his assessment and talking about scoring enough Goals as we scored 3 in Old Firm (2wks ago), the team in his eyes worked hard & he is happy
An absolute embarrassment. Sorry I lived PC but this is absolutely stinking take on current matters

Sick of seeing people complaining about Clement and his team selection. He can only work with the players he's got and he's performed a miracle with them to even get us to this position.

I've got a lot more faith in Clement than I did in Beale to get the recruitment right this summer. We need to give him time to get this right, another manager is not the answer.

Sorry but absolute pish, he has a huge squad he should be showing his authority, if it takes playing King, Devine, McKinnon he should be, I’d rather a young fit hungry player than a knackered journeyman.

We don't have the players to play through a midfield, especially without Dio.

We"ll play a new style once he gets his players.
But we cant even get the hoof ball right. I agree he needs time and to bring in his own players but right now he has to shoulder a lot of the blame and if we lose on Sunday he will probably be under some pressure.

Too many of the old guard in that team think 2nd place is an achievement. That's the problem, players are nice and content with their big wages and think that result is okay.

His record over the same number of games as Beale is now worse. You can argue we had Benfica in there but Beale faced Celtic five times, Clement twice.

For what it’s worth, I don’t really blame either of them. The squad needs gutted.

Doesn't help himself, imo he talks too much, his team choices are just weird sometimes, Scott Wright starting the OF?! Why isn't ge treating goldson, lunstram, Lawrence thensame as he treated cantwell? Also when we had all those injuries we were doing well, now we've got more people back were worse?

Silva at LW
Sterling at LB
Lawrence CDM

Manager picks them.

From the sound of that interview, he could well be a problem !

If he honestly thought he saw a reaction, then Christ alone knows how bad we would have to have been for him not to.

So Pep, could coach them his style of play and they’d be able to execute it, week after week? I think we’ll need to agree to disagree bud.
That’s fine you make excuses for that, but hoofball is Clements only style and that won’t work here.

Need to take his share of the blame.

Win as a team, lose as a team.

He’s part of the problem.

Fans are desperate for the issue to be simple and black and white - just replace the players.

The reality is there are issues at every level of the footballing setup and until we accept that and hold everyone accountable nothing will change.

Does that mean the sack? No, but it does mean criticism where it’s due.

It’s like he has lost his mind. Scott Wright starting an old firm then not seen again. The lack of a midfield the last to games was shocking.

He isn’t to blame for our collapse but he shares some responsibility. If he can’t get rid of about 90% of our squad he will be gone by Christmas.

I’m listening to his interview and he is talking one big pile of absolute shite.

What the fcuk is he on about?

Jeezuz.
What else is he supposed to say? Yeah this squad is crap, and none of them look like they can play football.

Their confidence is so incredibly low, I don't think slating them would achieve anything especially with a semi on Sunday.

I’m still all in on the manager. Fully believe he’ll bring success…

But holy f*ck that interview. I really hope that’s an attempt to take the sting out the performance and protect the players because he surely cannot believe that was a reaction.

Our attacking play has been dreadful for a while now. It doesn't look like we practise anything. It's murder to watch.

the manager rightly will get next season with players he's brought in ,but what kind of style and what kind of results we will get remains to be seen, lets be frank here, our football can be pretty horrendous to watch , zero fluency, no mobility, poor movement and lazy sloppy knee high passing , or resorting to a big lump up the park and the ball coming straight back at us, dreadful style we have at the moment

There just isn't enough in this squad to really push on and win a league. That's the brutal reality of it. There's not a talented squad. Clement has made mistakes and trusted these players too much but he also squeezed as much as he could out of them to get us into a potential title-winning position in the first place.

We'll know if Clement can be successful by what he does in the summer. If he's not insisting on a complete rebuild with most of this team gone - including the so-called leaders and longstanding members like Goldson and Tav - then we might as well start guessing who the next guy will be, because he'll fail just like Beale and Gio.

We are a long ball and play the percentages team. Murder to watch, even for many of the games we were winning.

I'm not writing him off by any means as the players are just showing us their level and how technically poor they are so there's a limit in what he can ask them to do - but I would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly worried.

To play at Rangers you need to be brave on and off the ball when the title is on the line. That tonight was the opposite and Clement needs to fix it in the summer, I’m scunnered with this team.

What Clement is saying in his interview certainly didn’t match his reactions on the touch line today, so I won’t be reading too much into what he says.
I am of the opinion that he isn’t to blame, some of his selections have been questionable but he isn’t the problem. As the old adage goes, you can only piss with the cock you’ve been given and the harsh reality is he’s been left with a manky scabby chlamydia ridden cock.
Tavernier, Goldson, Lundstram, Barisic to name a few. Think back to 2018, we’ve seen tonight’s game under Gerrard, Gio, Beale and now Clement. That tells its own story.
I believe the guy will bring success, he, unlike our last managers, actually have a track record in delivering it, however if he starts next season with James Tavernier or Connor Goldson he’s as well staying in Belgium in the summer.

"Today, I was disappointed. I was angry after the Ross County game because we lost our structure and our football in a big part of the game.

"That was not the case today, we played attacking football with a lot of players in front."

I'll have a packet of whatever he's been smoking !

I 100% would have agreed with you until I just heard his post match interview - WOW

You changed your mind after that interview :eek:

You look at that Dundee team, they passed us off the park at times in that first half. They are on a tiny budget compared to us. If Dundee can do it then there is no excuse why we can’t do it.

Cause our players are highly paid players who couldnt care less. Answer this they might be on a tiny budget does this explain how they can cross the ball,chase,tackle,pass,win headers and our players cant? Thats not a manager

Amazed the amount of people willing to give Clement a free pass for the last 5 weeks absolute shit show
The guy’s going nowhere, and for the job he did in managing to get us back into the title race at all, he absolutely deserves the opportunity to build his own team and take us into next season.

But . . . he’s now the third manager in as many years we’ve said this about.

With this in mind, it would be ridiculous to demonstrate blind faith that he’ll manage what his two predecessors couldn’t.

Less than a month ago everyone was talking about how Lundstram is player of the year, with Tav close behind him.

Now they're the main two getting it in the neck?

Literally the most consistent players we've had all season. Perhaps if our midfield and attackers contributed more we'd be in a better position, no?

If we were expecting some sort of reaction on Sunday I think we’re going to be even more disappointed after hearing that interview. If he thinks that was acceptable then I’m worried. I just hope he’s doing it for the players benefit rather than roast them in public…….im worried he’s not though.

Clement needs time but we must get rid of all the absolute chancers who should be nowhere the positions they are in at our club. From the academy up to the board members, they are stinking the place out.

That’s fine you make excuses for that, but hoofball is Clements only style and that won’t work here.
It’s the same “style” they revert to when their arses have collapsed. Won’t deny Clement has made some bizarre decisions too. Their heads have gone.

Back