Clement isn't the problem

What else is he supposed to say? Yeah this squad is crap, and none of them look like they can play football.

Their confidence is so incredibly low, I don't think slating them would achieve anything especially with a semi on Sunday.

He was talking about great saves from the Dundee keeper and clearances off the line.

Mental.

Appreciate he isn’t going to be brutally honest and chuck players under the bus but at the very least don’t talk absolute nonsense. Not done himself any favours with that interview that’s for sure

Sick of seeing people complaining about Clement and his team selection. He can only work with the players he's got and he's performed a miracle with them to even get us to this position.

The squad needs gutted starting with Tav, Goldson and Lundstram.

I've got a lot more faith in Clement than I did in Beale to get the recruitment right this summer. We need to give him time to get this right, another manager is not the answer.
I agree with that 100% and will back him all the way in the summer, he's a top manager that we were screaming out for and in a way are lucky to have him but if he fails to get rid of the Gerrard legacy players it will come back to bite him.

These players like godson, tav etc are used to getting there own way on mangers and that can't continue we need proper defenders and a decent holding midfielder and at least 2 proven goal scoring strikers

The board need to seriously back him financially they let down gio badly who in my opinion was well and truly shafted in favour of the used car salesman.

Less than a month ago everyone was talking about how Lundstram is player of the year, with Tav close behind him.

Now they're the main two getting it in the neck?

Literally the most consistent players we've had all season. Perhaps if our midfield and attackers contributed more we'd be in a better position, no?
Not for me.

Tav as captain has lead us to how many trophies?

Lundstram was playing very well but his form has dropped back to his usual rubbish.

When the going gets tough the good players step up but all ours do is regress and hand Celtic another league title and Champions League football.

The constant is the players. And its very frustrating. And the same every time. New manager, levels go up, yet not sustained.

We were in a position less than 2 weeks ago where the team fought back from 2-0 down, and didn't lose. Recovering from adversity like that should have been a major advantage and an inspiration. Tired from that or not, there was only a handful of matches left. Instead we have now inexplicably completely collapsed, and blown it.

I think these guys can only chase. Can only play when winning isn't expected. Its why they do well in Europe - they aren't really expected to win, but when they are, they just can't handle it.

The constant is the players. And its very frustrating. And the same every time. New manager, levels go up, yet not sustained.

We were in a position less than 2 weeks ago where the team fought back from 2-0 down, and didn't lose. Recovering from adversity like that should have been a major advantage and an inspiration. Tired from that or not, there was only a handful of matches left. Instead we have now inexplicably completely collapsed, and blown it.

I think these guys can only chase. Can only play when winning isn't expected. Its why they do well in Europe - they aren't really expected to win, but when they are, they just can't handle it.
They don’t look up for it. Rabbits in headlights for some reason. A cull is needed

Already seeing some fans wanting him gone. I'll put it down to frustration but how many managers should we keep replacing ? At what point do you decide to back the manager and get rid of the players who have failed countless managers ?
The guy won three league titles in three full seasons in Belgium, and was on his way to a fourth when he left to go to Monaco. He’s almost certainly the best manager we can get at our level.

If he can’t get these guys to put an effort in, who will?

What’s his style of play? Cause all he seems to do is want his teams to hoof the ball up the park. Dundee on a far less budget passed us off the park in that first half. His teams are far to light and open in the middle of the park
Read the OP you can only pish with the cock you have

I hope we arent thinking of looking to replace him again.

I fear this has become a crutch for many. Get rid of the manager and all will be well. However, I really dont think it is as simple as that

Especially this off season. There is also the possibility Rodgers will leave the piggery which will leave them looking for a new coach. I'd rather not have a novice ourselves in such a situation. Even if he stayed, I'd be quite happy to have big Phil go up against him again, this time for a full season

The guy won three league titles in three full seasons in Belgium, and was on his way to a fourth when he left to go to Monaco. He’s almost certainly the best manager we can get at our level.

If he can’t get these guys to put an effort in, who will?
Exactly.

I absolutely get that fans are worried about for example his interview and his substitutions.

But there are only 3, maybe 4 players in this team that in a perfect world should still be here next season. If you replace Lawrence with Dowell then that shows the lack of quality in this team. Screaming for Matondo as well as if he's some miracle worker shows how poor this team is.

The guy has won trophies at almost every club he's been at, surely he must know something about managing ?

The "style" is abysmal.

I also have concerns about the formation we play and how outnumbered we often appear in midfield.

Deciding to put your best midfielder (Sterling) into LB out of concern for what Dundee might do, is imo pathetic -- better to play him in CM (or even right attack) and make it THEIR problem.

The fact that the team was probably told to go out and show a reaction from the Ross Co defeat, and yet came up with this tepid, nediocre affair, makes me worry about how they view their own Manager. (Shades of past recent seasons again).

The Manager picks the team and decides the way they play.
He makes the subs.
atm Clement is as much the problem as the rest of them.

Sick of seeing people complaining about Clement and his team selection. He can only work with the players he's got and he's performed a miracle with them to even get us to this position.

I've got a lot more faith in Clement than I did in Beale to get the recruitment right this summer. We need to give him time to get this right, another manager is not the answer.

Of course he isn't. He's papered over the cracks of this squad for months.

Unfortunately he could only hold off this squads collapse for so long.

We all feared it was coming. We all hoped Clement could drag them over the line.

The players have, again, reverted to type and done their usual.

Do you expect him to come out and say he knows there are shitebags he needs rid off and others that are just pish?

He still needs to get this team to the end of the season and hopefully a cup final.
I get that he may not want to throw the players under a bus, but he at least needs to acknowledge the team aren't playing well. To say he got a reaction from the team and we were unlucky was bizzare.

Four players, three of which were on the park tonight, should not kick a ball for Rangers past the month of May.

Sort that and we're moving forward.

This rot goes back to not kicking on and spending after 55, not backing Gio after the PSV win, the utter shit brought in under Beale, and not buying a striker in January.
This is the absolute fact of the matter. The dichotomy is how the f**k you overhaul a squad under the microscope and red tape of FFP. Even if we had a benevolent billionaire owner throwing money at us, we literally couldn’t spend it due to our retained losses.

he has no style of play and hes picking the players. this is on him as much as the players
Have you seen the players we have? Hard to have a style of play that's positive when there's a lack of anything more than basic technical level. Most of the players aren't capable of playing anything more than sideways passes and long balls.

We have a style of play that has to involve waiting for Tav to arrive so he can decide what to do, makes players lazy and they don't do anything for themselves.
Sadly Tav isn't modric.

The conversation you could see Clement having with his assistant as soon as the whistle went would suggest his interview after the game is merely to protect the players. I’m no lip-reader but their conversation looked like the beginnings of a post-mortem on the result/performance/form.

You mentioned Beale and players he's got? Of the players starting tonight and on the bench, NINE were starting this time last year. Beale finished that season 20 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss and we all thought he had momentum to really go for it this season. Clement has 19 wins, 3 draws, 3 defeats up to now. Beale never had Butland, Sima, Silva (meh) or Sterling either. Let's not pretend Clement has had much worse to select from. He deserves criticism as much as the players for recent results and tactics. If players look like they're mentally weak and bottled a title fight, he's our manager and there to prevent that too.

I've no idea how you've got a lot more faith that Clement will bring in better players as well, based on what? Recently he was assuring us that Lundstram will commit. Hardly brilliant judgement. I'm not for a second wanting him gone btw, especially as the league hasn't even ended. Angry right now.

What Clement is saying in his interview certainly didn’t match his reactions on the touch line today, so I won’t be reading too much into what he says.
I am of the opinion that he isn’t to blame, some of his selections have been questionable but he isn’t the problem. As the old adage goes, you can only piss with the cock you’ve been given and the harsh reality is he’s been left with a manky scabby chlamydia ridden cock.
Tavernier, Goldson, Lundstram, Barisic to name a few. Think back to 2018, we’ve seen tonight’s game under Gerrard, Gio, Beale and now Clement. That tells its own story.
I believe the guy will bring success, he, unlike our last managers, actually have a track record in delivering it, however if he starts next season with James Tavernier or Connor Goldson he’s as well staying in Belgium in the summer.
I agree. The players you name have collectively given us great times but have shown repeatedly that they don't have it in them to force it over the line when the pressure is on. Celtic have been inconsistent and might still drop points, but I'm sure he will know that we have to clear out the weak core even if that happens. Thanks for the service lads but it's nearly time to move on.

Clement is as much a problem as this group of players who have collapsed like this several times?

Nope. You couldn't be anymore incorrect.
I posted:
"The Manager picks the team and decides the way they play.
He makes the subs.
atm Clement is as much the problem as the rest of them."

In that respect his inability to change and to select the correct players in the correct positions is a problem.

I posted:
"The Manager picks the team and decides the way they play.
He makes the subs.
atm Clement is as much the problem as the rest of them."

In that respect his inability to change and to select the correct players in the correct positions is a problem.

Yeah, not like these players haven't got previous for absolutely collapsing like this.

Clement is as much the problem as them though?

Sorry, that is just absolute garbage.

Clement I’m afraid is fast becoming the problem. Even with the squad he inherited we should be beating these wee teams easiky ,there is no excuse.His record I would think is now no better than Beale and Gio and we know how that went.

The mess we are in isn’t of Clement’s making but he needs to be Souness levels of ruthless this summer clearing players out.

Zero sentiment can be applied.

Of course he isn't. He's papered over the cracks of this squad for months.

Unfortunately he could only hold off this squads collapse for so long.

We all feared it was coming. We all hoped Clement could drag them over the line.

The players have, again, reverted to type and done their usual.
Pep would struggle to get a result on Sunday. Players are not good enough. Motherwell game was the start of it. Ross County bullied us. Dundee had nothing to play for and we can’t get a result.

I fear this has become a crutch for many. Get rid of the manager and all will be well. However, I really dont think it is as simple as that

Especially this off season. There is also the possibility Rodgers will leave the piggery which will leave them looking for a new coach. I'd rather not have a novice ourselves in such a situation. Even if he stayed, I'd be quite happy to have big Phil go up against him again, this time for a full season
If we ditch the gaffer,the next manager will be Derek Mciness I have no doubt about that.we can change managers every year.

Clement I’m afraid is fast becoming the problem.

Fast becoming the problem even though the players have collapsed like this several times?

Care to explain how he's is fast becoming the problem and not the players collapsing for the 5th year out of 6?

I don't think anyone is calling for his head and yes, the squad isn't the best, but some of the decisions he's made lately are questionable to say the least.

Wright in the old firm. Lawrence over Cantwell.

Dowell as a 6. Lawrence as a 6.

Lawrence as a 6 again today.

Sterling at LB.

Sima on the right, when he's got about 15 goals off the left.

A striker on the left wing. It's probably just for the best that we never signed Shankland. We'd probably be watching him play wide left.

All while players that actually play in these positions watch from the bench.

Even the subs were mental. Dowell on for Cantwell, who was poor, no doubt, but is more likely to give you something. At least move Lawrence up if you're taking Cantwell off.

Taking Sima off when you need a goal. Not fit enough to play 90 minutes? But fit enough to play 80?

Only Clement can tell us what's the thinking behind it but after hearing him talk a lot of pish after the game, I'm not sure we would get a truthful answer. We made one half decent chance the whole game and Clement would have us believe the Dundee goalie was possessed by the ghost of Lev Yashin.

The conversation you could see Clement having with his assistant as soon as the whistle went would suggest his interview after the game is merely to protect the players. I’m no lip-reader but their conversation looked like the beginnings of a post-mortem on the result/performance/form.
You only had to look at him in the touch line towards the end to tell he was not a happy man.

His decisions and strikers constantly missing sitters in every game are the problem.

But blaming Tav and Goldson is the Rangers online comfort blanket.

where is the money coming from to buy a new team and imagine if the smaller teams had the same amount to spend, where would we be ?

There’s surely not a Rangers fan out there wanting to declare that the best way to beat Dundee going for a league title is to :

Keep passing to Dujon Sterlings left foot

Tell Sima to hug the touchline like he’s Brian Laudrup, not a monstrous alternative physical threat in the box.

Tell James Tavernier to keep runnng towards the D hoping something lands in his lap to fire at goal surrounded by opponents. When he’s won UEFA team of the year for overlapping and punishing top teams.

Surely.

90 minutes, that was the plan and he says the players did it well.

Jesus suffering.

No idea if Clement is the right man for the huge task facing Rangers.
But these players are not and will never be good enough for Rangers.
A massive clear-out needed and a real rebuild with quality players or
we will be facing the same issues this time next season.
This will require a significant financial outlay and without it Rangers are going nowhere.
There can be outliers, in bizarre circumstances. such as 55 & EL final but the overall picture is bleak!

When he's basically playing a 1 man midfield of Lundstrum and not playing Sterling in there who has looked our best midfielder not to mention the constant selection of Silva who is garbage at expense of Sima or Matondo. Yeah sorry he's getting criticism from me. And after his interview. I seriously doubt he's the man to take us forward.

Back