Clement needs a fast start next season

It also wouldn't surprise me if a malaise set in with that lot and they start to turn on Rodgers again, while we sail off into the distance.

It's a funny old game.
We haven’t put him under any pressure if we manage to he will crack but it’s a lot of ifs and but”s.

The past 6 games where he's had to cobble together a team that has changed every time, and that's what you've taken from it?

Too much time in the sun?
These serial losers have been here too long .... lundstrum goldson barasic tav.wright davies ... need i go on if your needing help

These serial losers have been here too long .... lundstrum goldson barasic tav.wright davies ... need i go on if your needing help
Not long enough for you to learn to spell their names properly apparently.

Who should Clement have played these last six games (of which despite having nobody to select, he's won 4, drawn 1, lost 1)?

It will depend on how pre-season goes.
For me Beales cards were already getting marked after the less than convincing friendlies.

But I agree largely we have to at the bare minimum look hungry and appear to want success at the beginning of the season.

Thats what I felt we didn’t have this year from Killie away onwards.
There was serious question marks for me with Beale after those pre season games, I watched them and we looked fucking terrible.

Up to that point we had been pretty good in all our pre season games over the previous few years, so it came as a bit of a shock, was a clear red flag.

Not long enough for you to learn to spell their names properly apparently.

Who should Clement have played these last six games (of which despite having nobody to select, he's won 4, drawn 1, lost 1
If your incapable of working that out support other dross.... or another sport ... ok Einstein...

So you are getting rid of him as well if we have a dodgy start? I’m sure that will go well.

Happened to Beale. Backed in the transfer market, 9 players brought in over the summer, lost to Kilmarnock on the opening day. Lost to Celtic (we were cheated that day) and then binned after Aberdeen loss.

You know it was going to be shit as he should never have been appointed, then we watched a shit show of a pre season.

Hate to say it but he'll need more than a magic wand to turn this squad around in time to make a fast start next season.It's evident that a fresh impetus (clear out) is required.

Is it too much to hope that with some shrewd wheeling and dealing we can sign some ready to go players who aren't injury prone?.I suspect it is.

I reckon we're going to have to accept that it's back to the drawing board and for that reason if we're sticking with Clement or even thinking of replacing him patience is required. Sadly, we've been waiting too long already.

If he doesn’t realise that he can’t start next season with tav, Goldson, and lundstrum still the spine of the team and they need to go if we are to progress then I fear we’re gonna see a repeat of the last 2 seasons and we’ll be 7-10 points behind them by October and we’ll sack him and end up with Mcinnes and then it’s back to square one again.

Reactions: VGM
I think as a support we need to be patient. Most of us agree that Clement was the right appointment. If that’s the case, and I believe it is, then we need to give him time to lay foundations. We’ll also need to temper our rush to win. Philippe is building a team and a squad - given the size of that task, it won’t be complete in one or possibly even two windows. Continually sacking managers just locks us into an endless project mode where the incoming guy will look to replace the previous project with his new one. It’s delivering dismissing returns and costing a lot of money. Money we don’t have.

It can’t take months for the new players to gel. If we lose Saturday the place will be toxic. A Beale like stuttering start and a defeat at parkhead and we will be in the same place we were under Beale. It might not be fair but it’s the reality
He took too long to understand what we as a club are up against here in Scotland.

Not sure he even sees it yet.

It can’t take months for the new players to gel. If we lose Saturday the place will be toxic. A Beale like stuttering start and a defeat at parkhead and we will be in the same place we were under Beale. It might not be fair but it’s the reality
We really need to give the manager time with his players!
We cannot keep changing manager as often as we change strips.

Fans need to screw the nut.

We can't keep sacking managers every season because people can't handle losing to that lot or them overtaking our trophies. They had to get us kicked out of the league to get anywhere near us.

We need to give a manager time to build a squad over multiple windows because we don't have the finances to overhaul the entire squad in one window for a start.

If it gets to you that bad then find another hobby every Saturday because the negativity in the support is going to swallow the club if we aren't careful.
Couldn't of said it better myself. This season has been one of the most toxic I can remember in recent times. We won't win every game next season, and I'm certain there will be a couple rough patches where the teams out of form (like every team in the world), and the usual suspects will be piping up on here only fueling the toxicity...

Clement has shown that he deserves time. We can't be going sacking him in October and restarting this cycle over again. No one we can attract to this job would ever have done anything of note with this shower of shite. Add on top the absolute farcical injury situation this year what could we expect? A different ending to the season?

Gut this squad of as many of them as possible, give Clement the funds he needs to get his players in, and this guy will win us trophies. He's showed it in his last jobs, and shown us enough here that he'll get it done.

Realistically it’s going to be difficult. We need a similar number of signings as the scum made when the fat Aussie took over. Most of those signings worked well for them and he still went into the winter break 6 points behind and out of Europe!
But they then went on a run where they barely dropped a point in the league for the rest of Postecoglou's tenure. That level of consistency is hard to compete with.

For me, the clear lack of fitness has played a massive role this season.

We've been outran, outpaced, and outfought by teams at the bottom end of the table, which is just not acceptable, and has went a long way to blowing points at the crucial end to the season.

Sort that, and the defence, and we'll see how we go.
The farcical pre season under Beale cannot be underestimated in how badly it has affected the rest of our season. When PC came in they had to do another mini pre season they were that unfit and you can now see the knock on effect of players picking up multiple hamstring tears as a result. The damage the snake oil salesman has done is unbelievable.

Was i
There is a trend with Rangers that isn't talked about enough, and it's that our form typically goes out the window after Christmas. Our number one priority should be signing fit players who can actually go the distance. I've already seen us linked on Twitter with guys who were injured last season. It's like we never learn....
Was it a coincidence that in the season of 55 there wasn't a winter break

The cup final will buy him more time if we win it.
Should he not win it and have a bad start with Europe then he will come under major scrutiny. The first OF game is going to be a major hurdle for him at their midden. We have to show we can go there and compete instead of just rolling over.

It's not even 1 a season, if Clement was sacked after next week the last 3 managers would be 12 months, 10 months and 7 months.

There are fans that would see us genuinely become unmanageable. It's insanity.
I have no doubt we are going to see a huge turnaround in players in the summer but if people think they will gel instantly from the off then they haven’t watched football for very long.souness who rightly is lauded on here it took to near Xmas in 86 for that team to really get going.we had some good wins along the way that helped.the yahoos will dissapear over the horizon if we sack two managers a season

Happened to Beale. Backed in the transfer market, 9 players brought in over the summer, lost to Kilmarnock on the opening day. Lost to Celtic (we were cheated that day) and then binned after Aberdeen loss.

You know it was going to be shit as he should never have been appointed, then we watched a shit show of a pre season.

Wouldn't argue against it and it's not like it wouldn't be deserved
Are you being serious? You think it would be deserving to sack a manager after 7months, one transfer window with very little funds, a squad decimated by injury and after inheriting a playing squad we universally agree needs gutting?

We cannot simply throw our toys out the pram every 6 - 12months when it’s not going well. We aren’t Watford. Sooner or later we will need to show some patience and allow a manager a chance to build their own team

We all know how the Beale era went but surely you are going to give Clement a full pre season and the next two transfer windows before you ditch him as well? Very difficult to attract a good manager if the policy is to change every year or less.

If the squad does actually get gutted like we hope, the support needs to be willing to give the manager time. Gerrard levels of it if that's what it comes to.

Our short term approach the last few seasons was always going to inevitably make a proper rebuild harder and more painful when the time came, then Beale decided a rebuild in his vision was spending big money on a bunch of average players with limited sell on value to create a tecnically and athletically challenged squad, only increasing the difficulty on Clement and Koppen this summer.

A winning start surely rather than a fast start?

He should get rid of the old guard and build a team of his own which will take more than a season I would imagine.
The problem is, the fans are so fickle that instant success is a must for some.

Next week is huge for Clement, fairly or unfairly.

Win and he can point to two trophies under a squad he had little input into as a small sign of success and a big reason for optimism that he's making progress and we're heading in the right direction.

Lose and it's 4 old firm games without a win, coupled with a complete collapse in the run in which he must at least partially take some of the responsibility for.

We're going to have to achieve something in the summer which we haven't since Gerrard's second summer window and actually improve the quality of the squad. It shouldn't be difficult due to the low bar but our recruitment has been horrific for years. New players doesn't necessarily mean better players.

Unless recruitment improves, it won't matter how good a coach Clement is. You can't make honey out of shite.

Failure to give Clement the tools to do the job, coupled with a slow start and a 5th old firm game at the chamber of secrets without victory and the knives will be out, no question.

Two seasons in a row we've been behind the 8 ball after a dozen games. To avoid a third, we need to invest in quality players.

Celtic winning everything has nothing to do with leadership groups, inspiring captains, winners, a Scottish core, people who "get it", "Celtic men" or any of the other absolute bollocks clichés that is regurgitated on here every day in life. They have better players than we do. It's as simple as that.

He deserves time but it’ll be panic stations if we drop points before playing them. Full blown crisis if we were to lose against them as well.

He’s between a rock and a hard place from the beginning and he has a number of the squad to thank for that.

I have no doubt we are going to see a huge turnaround in players in the summer but if people think they will gel instantly from the off then they haven’t watched football for very long.souness who rightly is lauded on here it took to near Xmas in 86 for that team to really get going.we had some good wins along the way that helped.the yahoos will dissapear over the horizon if we sack two managers a season
It's becoming increasingly more apparent that a lot of people don't actually watch football, and don't actually like football. They look at the score line and decide how the game has gone from that. We all know one in real life. Guys who believe that every shot should be a goal, every pass should be completed - but only for us - and if not then the players are shite and not as good as the good old days.

He's also had 40 plus games as our manager. Yes he needs more of his own players and a pre season, he deserves that. But he also needs to get his style and ethos sorted out asap. After 40 plus games I thought we would look better coached than this.

If he ends this season with 0 wins from 4 Old Firms, he will be under big pressure from the off.

Thats not even an opinion, nor up for debate, most of us are long enough in the tooth to understand this.
Them ending the season with a double when they were nigh on knocked out by Aberdeen in the semi and trailing in the league for so long would be something else.

Injury excuses will only get a team and manager so far. There needs to be some sign that the positivity earlier in the season wasn't just a prolonged new manager bounce.

If we lose and he's still singing from the same hymn sheet, I think his number will be marked for next season before it's even begun. And that makes pre season games all the more important to see some style of play or point to his game.

Latest posts

Back