Clement needs a fast start next season

As big a clear out as possible will give Clement more of a chance next season in that i think fans woukd be prepared to see things develop over time.
What will put pressure on Clement early doors is losing cup final to same tactics and a large % of the squad retained moving into next season and these same tactics applied again & again
Something needs to change for Clement to be here longer term

There has been nothing shown by PCs team to pin any hopes on for next season.

Long balls and the constant shipping of crap goals is as much on the manager as the players.

Hope I’m wrong but already fearing the worse for next season.

Momentum is everything in football. We should always target winning all of the first round of fixtures. That means you’re at least 3 points ahead of the scum.

Why are so many not seeing this? It has been proved time and again, that a revolving manager system just doesn't work.

We couldn't get off to a flier when souness came in and we certainly will not be bringing in the standard of player we did then or the required standard as used so often on here.

If I see improvement on the pitch as the season goes on, then that'll do for me. Good signs in place, some younger hungry players in the squad, stronger defence. It took Gerrard 3 seasons to get it sorted.

The manager is someone who knows his football as you don't take Bruges to the bernabeu and walk away disappointed with a draw, if your clueless. Don't take my word for it, look at the clubs continually changing managers, you'll see them further down their leagues or even relegated.
SG was left a sh1thole of a team that couldn't get by a diddy team from Luxembourg

The key thing for me is whether we can see tangible progress. Gerrard made incremental gains throughout his time which culminated in 55. Despite our pathetic showing in the last 10 games, I think Clement starts from a much better place than Gerrard. We can’t stop Celtic from going out and spending £40m (which they could if they wanted to), what we can control is our is own progress.

If he clears out this team and gets a set up where you can see a system, players progressing and consistency of selection then I will be happy enough. We can’t get stuck in a short termism mentality of “we are losing this season so sack the manager and hope next guy tears it up with players who are not his own before commencing a rebuild”
Unfortunately he's proven to have learnt nothing since his arrival. Including calling out our board when they wanted to take that cheating bastard Collum to task.
Wonder how Clement feels about that now after the evidence of corruption that has ensured Celtic had an advantage with favourable referee /VAR decisions on a weekly basis.?

Unfortunately he's proven to have learnt nothing since his arrival. Including calling out our board when they wanted to take that cheating bastard Collum to task.
Wonder how Clement feels about that now after the evidence of corruption that has ensured Celtic had an advantage with favourable referee /VAR decisions on a weekly basis.?
The referee debate has been done to death and ultimately it’s something we can’t control or change on our own. I wouldn’t hire a new manager because he promises to get stuck into the SFA/corruption nor would I think about binning one because he isn’t vocal enough about it

It’s about the team on the pitch. He’s been here six months. We saw under Pedro and Beale that having that “head start” meant f all when the season started because they didn’t know what to do on the pitch (Gio was a bit different). For me, Clement has shown far more pragmatism than both and has an actual track record of making winning teams in another league

He will undoubtedly face continued the same challenges of being our manager but I wholly back him to take us forward

I’m 100% behind big Phil getting things right. Far too many players have stayed longer than they should have. Let’s ship out all the deadwood and ooc players and let the gaffer build his own team.

Kilmarnock started the season after a player revamp and still beat us , slow start stuff has been a regular occurrence that's needs stopping.

The referee debate has been done to death and ultimately it’s something we can’t control or change on our own. I wouldn’t hire a new manager because he promises to get stuck into the SFA/corruption nor would I think about binning one because he isn’t vocal enough about it

It’s about the team on the pitch. He’s been here six months. We saw under Pedro and Beale that having that “head start” meant f all when the season started because they didn’t know what to do on the pitch (Gio was a bit different). For me, Clement has shown far more pragmatism than both and has an actual track record of making winning teams in another league

He will undoubtedly face continued the same challenges of being our manager but I wholly back him to take us forward
Hope you're right. I personally find him every bit as culpable as the players for the collapse. Bizzare team selections. Squad rotation rather than starting with our strongest team. The three matches against Celtic he's looked like he's learnt nothing.
At least it looks like he's gonna address our incompetent medical /physio department. They should have been replaced long ago.

Kilmarnock started the season after a player revamp and still beat us , slow start stuff has been a regular occurrence that's needs stopping.
Clement actually claimed when we took so long to get going (20 minutes) at the Piggery, it wasn't like us....?

It was EXACTLY like us. It's what we've done under the present captain for the past few seasons.
Especially early kick offs. Try and just ease ourselves into games. Get it to fk.

Hope you're right. I personally find him every bit as culpable as the players for the collapse. Bizzare team selections. Squad rotation rather than starting with our strongest team. The three matches against Celtic he's looked like he's learnt nothing.
At least it looks like he's gonna address our incompetent medical /physio department. They should have been replaced long ago.
Fair enough, I don’t think Clement is blameless (totally agree on bizarre selection choices, particularly against them) and it’s right that there is pressure on him to progress the team

On a wider scale, I think we paid the price for our crap infrastructure this season - Beale doing what he wanted with money last season without proper scrutiny, a B team who hardly kicked a ball, a squad who probably thought the recovery chamber was a cupboard and can’t stay fit. Any manager would struggle coming into that sort of chaos and Clement himself said he wants to spend less time on jobs other people should be doing

This summer is huge for obvious reasons. It’s for the board to sort out the football operations, Koppen to recruit and the manager to coach the players. All three need to perform this season

If your rivals are about to overtake your trophy haul for the first time since the late 40's is that not the time to be toxic? If not, when is?
With their domination over the last 60 years or so, it's been coming.

History won't make things better and let's be honest, us and them having that amount of trophies is what makes Scottish football a joke.

Clement inherited the shitshow to end all shitshows. A convoluted system, full of players not conditioned for a 60 game season and a squad lacking any sort of belief. Players also bought for a style of play completely unsuited to the demands.

Keep seeing the - "Aye but Beale's win pershentage wiz higher than Clements but" posts which is completely blind to the trajectory we were on with Beale. We were looking at a 20+ points differential if he'd stayed in charge.

Beale also doesn't win the League Cup, doesn't get the result in Seville against Betis and doesn't muster the away performance against Benfica IMO.

That's not to say Clement has been perfect but when he's constantly on the edge of his technical area for the past 6 weeks, screaming at players to push-up and narrow the space you have to conclude that he has players who can't do it, either through fitness or ability. And if people wish to make the leap that they're not listening, then through those 3 variables (fitness, ability, attitude) he has to be allowed to change the culture and personnel. Those who say Beale had a better win percentage are intellectually lazy and ignorant.

You can talk about 'fast starts' all day but the team was on the end of a standing 8 count after being battered onto the ropes and he gave us a chance and has identified several cultural and practical issues that he's in the process of sorting.

Back