Clement not beating Rodgers

He absolutely did not intimate that a draw would be sufficient. He was asked if it was a must win game and he said even if you lose you can win but for me it’s a long shot, too much of a long shot, with a draw also. We will go totally full for the win of course.

People can debate whether he should have publicly conceded the title in advance of a possible result in a game that hasn’t been played yet but let’s at least deal with what he actually said. Souttar and Butland both described it as must win in the pre match press stuff so it’s quite clear what the message was
He did intimate that a draw would suffice in the overall mathematics, which was technically correct.

Dont try and dress this up.

He's picking the same players that keep failing to beat them.

Sad thing is, after that disgraceful performance from Lundstram today I bet Clement cannot wait to pick him again.
Exactly, he said as much with his post match comments which I tried to start a thread on but it was deleted, not posted?

No belief no desire with the usual suspects, amazing where he got us to with them.
Yeah he’s massively cut a 7pt gap down to 6pts. Beale got 9pt gap down to 7pts and had it not been for a dodgy last min pen for hearts in last game of season it would have been 5pts.

Not saying Beale is better than PC, I’m saying some need to calm down about the amazing job PC has done, everyone says you are judged at the end of the season, well it’s not looking good for the gap to be less than 6pts atm and is that actually progress?

Love this line

Rodgers is pumping us with someone else’s team.

Football is more about what you do with the players not what the players can do.

Hearts and Kilmarnock have both beaten celtic twice each this season, they can come up with a formation to beat them, why can’t we.
Because they have managers that understand playing against them is different than a normal league game.

Setting the midfield up in the same way in the cup final would be close to unforgivable tbh

Really struggling to understand what he’s seeing that makes him think it’s working

For what it’s worth I reckon he’ll change it

Over the 4 domestic games, then we can't expect to win the league

Feel like the pressures on him for the Cup Final, he needs to get that right

Tactics, selections, desire, all room for improvement
Clement hasn’t won a domestic league game convincingly without huge luck. He gets a window, these players will never consistently win. Sterling should be out right back and captain.

Every time Lundstrum plays well there’s a clamour on here to give him a new contract.
We need runners in midfield and we need to stop the long ball football. Phil has to get it right from the word go next season or I believe the board will panic and get rid.

If that does become reality I wouldn’t be surprised if we appoint Derek McInnes, as he regularly gives them a game and has done a great job for the sheep and now Kilmarnock.

If Killie beat them on Wednesday, there will be a few bears wishing he was in our dug out for the final.
McInnes had his chance and turned us down.
Our job would be way too big for him anyway imo.
Surely we can get better than McInnes in future?
He has done well with Killie but maybe that’s his level, higher expectations at the Rangers and I’m unsure he’d be able to handle that pressure.
Some fans already want rid of Clement before he’s had a proper chance and season to build his own squad. With McInnes turning down previously, how long would he last if we’re not beating the scum?
I’ll be keeping an eye on Muscat to see how does in China.

Back