Clement not holding back post match

I can only hope he’s been playing the regulars and keeping them onside in his interviews to just try and salvage something from them and keep them pushing until the end of the season. He said when he joined the next 6 months is all about seeing who is coming with him and who isn’t, and hopefully he now has a solid list of who isn’t. He was ruthless in his previous clubs, hopefully we see that side of him come summer.

I look forward to him shifting on:

Lundstrum
Goldson
Tav
Davies
Borna
Wright
Dowell
Lawrence
Jack
Roofe
McLaughlin
Matondo
Souttar

Its alot to move in one window but If he doesn't or at least attempts to move this lot on, he will be gone.

Let the rebuild begin.
There is, unfortunately, no way whatsoever that many players leave.

Especially considering we have 2 loanee spells ending too.

That quote gives me hope. Ive no real issue with him defending the players in the public eye - so long as they werent pulling the wool over his eyes.

It sounds like he has seen right through them the whole time though and just held it together until the end of the season.

This gives me real hope for next season under him

Same. It’s been my hope all along. He sees it but knows to try get anything this season he can’t do or say too much. Once the cup final is done he is gonna gut the place.

Last edited:
If we had lost that game tonight, a lot more posters might have agreed with you.
Let the guy build his own team, and then judge him.
Who are you going to trust to rebuild if not PC?

I'm more than willing to give him next season but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. We have no definitive style of play, have been all over the place defensively and play too many long balls and the signing if Diomande does not fill me with confidence. I just hope the board produce funds. I thought Diamante was really poor tonight,the does not look like a £4?5 million player. At that amount we should be getting a match winner

That quote gives me hope. Ive no real issue with him defending the players in the public eye - so long as they werent pulling the wool over his eyes.

It sounds like he has seen right through them the whole time though and just held it together until the end of the season.

Entirely accurate in my opinion.

At HT I was absolutely livid and having severe doubts about big Phil. I'm still cautious but such a comment makes you wonder right enough. If we can build a squad around Butland, Ridvan, Fraser, Tav (yes I know), Sterling, McAusland, McKinnon, Raskin, Cantwell, Danillo & Dessers (can't fault his passion) then we may be onto a good thing.

we need at least one central defender this summer if Goldson and Davies stay, which they most likely will.

King will be loaned out, Souttar will remain for the home grown rule for Europe, doubt Balogun will be retained and I don't think we have anyone in the B team ready to make the step up.

we need probably 2 or 3 midfielders to replace Lundstram and Jack and that's just to start in the midfield. We badly need some of the youngsters to step up. Raskin offers nothing either and Dio started brightly then faded. Sterling seems to be a bit injury prone, especially this season.

we absolutely need more pace in the team, especially up front.

Matondo ain't the answer, anyone that is in the "a player in there" camp is kidding themselves and i don't give a shit how good that goal against them was. a one trick pony.

We need a striker as well.

John Brown summed it up as well as anyone for me during the 3-3 draw at Ibrox: “The manager has found out a lot about these players.”

He said that after about 20 minutes. He knew about the players and he knew about the manager: Clement has had to keep his powder dry for a while longer but it is a very similar sentiment.

I've seen no change in style or a big improvement in the players. Our style of okay has looked long ball and direct. Time will tell but I'm worried

Diomande has shown nothing to suggest he's worth £4.5 million either. I was a critic of Tillman due to his work rate but ability wise he looked levels above him
There was a change when he came in and we went on a winning run, the players played forward rather than side to side.
As for Dio, he tries to play quickly and positively, takes the ball on the turn and tries to go forward.
He needs better beside him and if you can't see the potential in him then that's a shame.
There is the odd mistake but that's to be expected at his stage.

Last edited:
You know for all the negativity I’ve had this last few days to the team and the individuals, as awful as the first half was the only blame I had was inexperience! Both goals were not the usual suspects throwing away freebies they should know better - they were a breakdown in communication between a central half pairing who’ve never played beside each other and a youngster in midfield. I’d actually far rather that.

Attitude second half was much better and played some great football which just makes us losing this title even more difficult to take!

I'm more than willing to give him next season but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. We have no definitive style of play, have been all over the place defensively and play too many long balls and the signing if Diomande does not fill me with confidence. I just hope the board produce funds. I thought Diamante was really poor tonight,the does not look like a £4?5 million player. At that amount we should be getting a match winner
A match winner for 4 million quid lol. Aye about 30 years years ago it might have done.

John Brown summed it up as well as anyone for me during the 3-3 draw at Ibrox: “The manager has found out a lot about these players.”

He said that after about 20 minutes. He knew about the players and he knew about the manager: Clement has had to keep his powder dry for a while longer but it is a very similar sentiment.
I'd love to see a Rangers defence with four JB type defenders next season. I can only hope Clement feels the same.

Those serial losers have been doing it for years,a garbage first half then a reaction in the second half when they get a rocket up the arse at half time.

"We will build this model over the next few years" while enforcing standards of what it means to play for Rangers. And some people want him gone!
Let's see what happens. Wait till we see if he sets us up to fail again at Hampden. Let's see if he does actually gut the squad. Words are nothing. Let's see the actions, starting with setting us up to have a fighting chance at Hampden.

I'd love to see a Rangers defence with four JB type defenders next season. I can only hope Clement feels the same.
That was why we lost at Ross County - no penalty box defenders. Regardless of how good you can be with the ball, the other side will make chances. You need defenders who will put their bodies on the line to make blocks and desperate clearances.

(Bomber was also better than that - he had a superb left peg.)

That was why we lost at Ross County - no penalty box defenders. Regardless of how good you can be with the ball, the other side will make chances. You need defenders who will put their bodies on the line to make blocks and desperate clearances.

(Bomber was also better than that - he had a superb left peg.)
Absolutely spot on mate.

I can only hope he’s been playing the regulars and keeping them onside in his interviews to just try and salvage something from them and keep them pushing until the end of the season. He said when he joined the next 6 months is all about seeing who is coming with him and who isn’t, and hopefully he now has a solid list of who isn’t. He was ruthless in his previous clubs, hopefully we see that side of him come summer.
For me it’s been clear he has been trying to keep them onside and mentally in the game but it’s probably a mix of him not being able to keep his cool and then the obvious contract talks where they have had to be told they are off.

That would coincide with their collapse, you would think as footballers that they would have kept a bit of fight but there’s players k look at now

Tav being the worst by the way who has shown nothing in the past 2 months to show he is worthy of keeping and certainly not as a captain, this squad is done and they know it

I would love to be a fly on the wall when he really let's rips on the players who have embarrassed and failed us for their last time.

There was a change when he came in and we went on a winning run, the players played forward rather than side to side.
As for Dio, he tries to play quickly and positively, takes the ball on the turn and tries to go forward.
He needs better beside him and if you can't see the potential in him then that's a shame.
There is the odd mistake but that's to be expected at his stage.

Great to hear.
We've been saying for a while now, that there's no way his interviews are what he really thinks deep down........ tonight shows part of his real feelings.

Let him move on the serial losers, and bring in his own players.
I'd lay money, his attitude will be very different, once he's had the opportunity to bring in his own, and send the message out, it doesn't matter who you are, if you're not producing the goods, it won't be tolerated.

Once the Cup Final is over the shitebags will see the real Clement, he has had to manage these wasters to the best of his ability and it must've been extremely to not tell them how he really feels.

Big Phil doesn't strike me as the type to suffer fools gladly, the gloves will be off soon.
I really hope so

Yes I think he had no choice but to stick with some of these players, you can’t get rid when options are very limited, he probably wanted to strangle Borna at times but had to manage him knowing he would be required.

Those serial losers have been doing it for years,a garbage first half then a reaction in the second half when they get a rocket up the arse at half time.

No they haven't. Only Tavernier started today who has been at the club for more than 2 years excluding McAusland and King. With only Davies, Yilmaz and Tavernier being here for longer than 18 months.

This idea that we are still flogging the same team as we did from the Gerrard years is getting ridiculous. It's a whole new team. We already ripped the old guard up but didn't do it well enough and now need to replace the replacements.

This is Beales Team. He bought the players he wanted to fit his plan and they are what PC has had to work with. Was Beales’a cunning plan? Or would even Baldrick disown it. Unfortunately, Beales players couldn’t or wouldn’t fit into another managers way of thinking and we were left with a disjointed bunch of misfits. PC will have a way of playing and his own bunch of players next season and no doubt we will find lots to moan and greet about while they settle in. Never mind guys, we are still the people and are lucky to support the Rangers . We could have been born with the shitty end of the stick and be papes.

Agree
Hopefully given decent money to work with in summer

The other mob seem to have picked a fair few up for under 4m no?
And spent more than 4m on others who've been dire... or like that Mccarthy that's sitting in the stands on a million a year in wages and has barely been seen. Dio is fine, he's adjusting to a totally new style of game and will be better next season for the expeirence.

As for those saying we don't have a style or way of playing. That takes time too. Clement is being completely sabotaged by the ridiculous unbalanced squad we've got mixed with injuries. As I said on another thread the other day when people were praising McInnes for having a style and beating Celtic. He's had a couple of years now and several windows to get things right. Give Clement the same and the style will come.

I haven't read the full thread but the guy isn't daft, he can't at this stage of the season criticise anyone, we have a final to play, but I'm sure he clearly knows who isn't good enough but will he be backed?

Once the Cup Final is over the shitebags will see the real Clement, he has had to manage these wasters to the best of his ability and it must've been extremely to not tell them how he really feels.

Big Phil doesn't strike me as the type to suffer fools gladly, the gloves will be off soon.
I really hope so

They’ve gone back to doing what they did at the end of both gio and Beale and true to form they play well for a short spell under a new manager.

He must realise that 3/4 of them need to be moved on and we need a team full of winners and bad fucking losers as this lot don’t give a shit.
Hopefully more than 4 but get your points

Listening to Second Captains pod with an Arsenal guy on it.
He made an interesting point.
Said they went through a few years of pain but it had to be done to achieve a huge squad turnover to get rid of the losing mentality that had set in.
Sounds familiar….?
Now they are reaping the rewards, although they may just be pipped for the title…
Question is - could we accept another couple years of second best to get where we want to be? Is Clement the man?

That’s enough for me at the minute. I think he gets it and needs fully backed. %^*& all the deadwood to the side and clear the way, Phil is a winner. Also %^*& everyone saying he’s no better than Beale.
You were doing well Chief until the last sentence????? WTF?

Back