Clement not holding back post match

Meh, it’s all words at this stage.

I’m absolutely convinced the vast majority of this squad aren’t good enough.

I’m not remotely convinced right now that PC is the manager who’ll turn it round and execute a successful rebuild, but there’s no alternative so I’ll just live in hope that I’m wrong and he is.

Time will tell but I’m interested to see where we are come Christmas time.

Chief I couldn’t make sense of the sentence.
I’m pro Phil. He is far superior to Beale. IMHO.
No worries man, I could have perhaps phrased it better! If, and it is a massive if we get the next window spot on, we will leave these woes behind. It’s time we all started trusting the process, Phil, and his team <3

O'Reilly cost them £1.5 million. He's scored 15 and has 17 assists this season so for £4.5 million in Scotland I certainly expect a match wiwinner
Exactly my point. He is now valued at 15 to 20m quid performing at that level in Scotland.

You want someone to come in and hit those numbers and be a match winner straight away then that's the sort of money you have to pay. You don't get them for 1.5 or 4m quid.

No they haven't. Only Tavernier started today who has been at the club for more than 2 years excluding McAusland and King. With only Davies, Yilmaz and Tavernier being here for longer than 18 months.

This idea that we are still flogging the same team as we did from the Gerrard years is getting ridiculous. It's a whole new team. We already ripped the old guard up but didn't do it well enough and now need to replace the replacements.
New set of players but still the same old bottle merchant mentality.

Our manager gets it, why wouldn't he?

A man of great experience and knowledge, he knows the privilege entailed being the Rangers manager and he won't allow himself to be undermined by anyone who doesn't buy into what he's trying to build at our club.

This was truly a game of two halves tonight, first half not so much, second we rocked . . . . . and rolled.

Hampden 25th May . . . . ALL IN BLUE!

Finally a manager that has the balls to chase the dross from Ibrox
If he values his reputation and really wants to win things he’s got to understand it won’t be possible to win consistently and build a team on solid foundations until he gets rid of a significant chunk of that squad AND replaces them with guys who have what it takes. There’s no two ways about it now, it’s massive changes this summer and the board will have to help him as much they possibly can.

He’s right, I would rather he was just utterly ruthless all the time instead at times he can be to nice to the players.

Call it how it is PC, they are professional players that need told when they are rotten and praised when good.

I think he’s known all along that the players aren’t good enough but hasn’t wanted to bash them publicly because he needed them onside. He was talking up Lammers just before he got shot of him.

That’s what these player do and is why you need to get rid of most of them.
It’s been allowed to prevail at Rangers far too long and multiple managers have fallen to it. I don’t know who we keep but the biggest trait they need to have is they need to play every second they are on the pitch for Rangers.

We need a new captain as part of this rebuild, someone that’s not going to be accepting of his team-mates routinely half arsing their performances. Tavernier has had plenty of time, he’s not the right character for what we need. He’s been part of the problem in that regard.

They should be utterly embarrassed that they routinely can’t show up for ninety minutes. Routinely getting outplayed by guys making a fraction of what they do and with facilities that are much poorer than what they have. Enoughs enough.

It’s been allowed to prevail at Rangers far too long and multiple managers have fallen to it. I don’t know who we keep but the biggest trait they need to have is they need to play every second they are on the pitch for Rangers.

We need a new captain as part of this rebuild, someone that’s not going to be accepting of his team-mates routinely half arsing their performances. Tavernier has had plenty of time, he’s not the right character for what we need. He’s been part of the problem in that regard.

They should be utterly embarrassed that they routinely can’t show up for ninety minutes. Routinely getting outplayed by guys making a fraction of what they do and with facilities that are much poorer than what they have. Enoughs enough.
It really comes back to recruitment

If you were signing 2/3 players every season that worked and pushed others in those positions the squad gets stronger

After 55 of we had kept adding 2 starters to the team we would have been in a better place

Once the Cup Final is over the shitebags will see the real Clement, he has had to manage these wasters to the best of his ability and it must've been extremely to not tell them how he really feels.

Big Phil doesn't strike me as the type to suffer fools gladly, the gloves will be off soon.

You think they don’t see the real Mr Clement working with him every day?

I'm starting to worry to be honest. We need a massive rebuild with limited funds and I'm not sure he's the man to do it. We need to win the final and he will need to get every signing spot in. The first half today was absolutely horrific. We had the new manager bounce but have reverted to being extremely poor
Here’s the reality for you. He can’t magic up a midfield for Hampden that can compete with that lots midfield 3. Get prepared for more of the same. No manager/club bringing in a whole new team every year can ever be successful. We can’t get all signings correct.
Emptying the core shower of abject failures and building a 2-3 season platform is probably all we can hope for. It’s shite but we’re handicapped by lack of funds and poor Board management. We need proper investment into this squad

I'm starting to worry to be honest. We need a massive rebuild with limited funds and I'm not sure he's the man to do it. We need to win the final and he will need to get every signing spot in. The first half today was absolutely horrific. We had the new manager bounce but have reverted to being extremely poor
Here’s the reality for you. He can’t magic up a midfield for Hampden that can compete with that lots midfield 3. Get prepared for more of the same. No manager/club bringing in a whole new team every year can ever be successful. We can’t get all signings correct.
Emptying the core shower of abject failures and building a 2-3 season platform is probably all we can hope for. It’s shite but we’re handicapped by lack of funds and poor Board management. We need proper investment into this squad

At HT I was absolutely livid and having severe doubts about big Phil. I'm still cautious but such a comment makes you wonder right enough. If we can build a squad around Butland, Ridvan, Fraser, Tav (yes I know), Sterling, McAusland, McKinnon, Raskin, Cantwell, Danillo & Dessers (can't fault his passion) then we may be onto a good thing.
Tav! He’s the first needing chased. This club needs a Rangers Captain badly

we need at least one central defender this summer if Goldson and Davies stay, which they most likely will.

King will be loaned out, Souttar will remain for the home grown rule for Europe, doubt Balogun will be retained and I don't think we have anyone in the B team ready to make the step up.

we need probably 2 or 3 midfielders to replace Lundstram and Jack and that's just to start in the midfield. We badly need some of the youngsters to step up. Raskin offers nothing either and Dio started brightly then faded. Sterling seems to be a bit injury prone, especially this season.

we absolutely need more pace in the team, especially up front.

Matondo ain't the answer, anyone that is in the "a player in there" camp is kidding themselves and i don't give a shit how good that goal against them was. a one trick pony.

We need a striker as well.
Goldson and Davies will be chased down the road, as they should be

Once the Cup Final is over the shitebags will see the real Clement, he has had to manage these wasters to the best of his ability and it must've been extremely to not tell them how he really feels.

Big Phil doesn't strike me as the type to suffer fools gladly, the gloves will be off soon.
I think that's what's happened. While there was still the league to play for, he's held back from criticising them too harshly in public, judging he would get better results out of being broadly supportive and encouraging of the players. Well, that didn't work, and now it's well and truly out of our hands he's emboldened to take the gloves off. The psychology of a cup final takes care of itself.

A bounce that lasted around thirty games?
Is that all it was?

I'm starting to worry to be honest. We need a massive rebuild with limited funds and I'm not sure he's the man to do it. We need to win the final and he will need to get every signing spot in.
We need someone who is knowledgeable, driven, tough and honest.

He is exactly the man to do it.

I've seen no change in style or a big improvement in the players. Our style of okay has looked long ball and direct. Time will tell but I'm worried

Diomande has shown nothing to suggest he's worth £4.5 million either. I was a critic of Tillman due to his work rate but ability wise he looked levels above him
Being seeing a lot of knives out for Diomande recently. Don’t get it - he’s the one functional part of our midfield, an excellent prospect. Him missing the Ross County and Dundee games (with a bloody freak thumb injury!) proved fatal for the title.

Being seeing a lot of knives out for Diomande recently. Don’t get it - he’s the one functional part of our midfield, an excellent prospect. Him missing the Ross County and Dundee games (with a bloody freak thumb injury!) proved fatal for the title.

Hes getting flak for ball retention and pass completion.

If he's playing risky passes and losing the ball it's fine as long as everybody tries to win it back as soon as possible and then try again.

Could pad out his stats with 50 2 yard passes to the centre backs I guess and keep people happy.

I know no manager can continually criticise their team in the media. But he’s only saying what we’ve all been saying for the last two months.

Good, honest press conference from the boss there.

He still has my full backing. I trust he's the man for the job. I hope the Board give him what he needs for next season..

He wanted to go through them after the Ross County game, you could see how angry he was on the touchline. He took time to compose himself and game out and tried to deflect away from the players to support them but they have let us and him down and he has had enough of their shite.

To write off the turnaround that Clement pulled with this binfire of a squad as a new manager bounce is extremely inaccurate and pretty disrespectful tbh
Also with so many injuries he has done ok you can’t keep changing managers it will take time and fans need to realise this.

That second half performance showed these players can put in the effort when they want to. Hopefully Clement gets shot of them as they can't just pick and choose when they feel like it.

A bounce that lasted around thirty games?
Is that all it was?
I think it is fair to say there was a new manager bounce. Clement came in last week in October.

Nov to Dec - Some good performances, lots of clean sheets, league cup win and qualified from Europa group.

Jan to Feb - After the old firm loss the performance level dropped but we still picked up wins for a period. Hearts 5-0 game aside we weren't great to watch.

Mar-May- Form fell off completely in the league with us winning 3 from 8 up to the weekend when we effectively lost the league.

The high point of this season for results/ performances was in the couple of months after the new manager came in and then slowly declined over the next four months of the season.

I think he’s known all along that the players aren’t good enough but hasn’t wanted to bash them publicly because he needed them onside. He was talking up Lammers just before he got shot of him.
I hope that is the case and he has a master plan that involves a major clear out.

I understand the theought process of not kicking them then expecting them to go out and give 100%, I think like most I am just so frustrated with so many of that squad being either really poor or not looking like the give a shit whilst we are all spitting feathers.

He must look at that squad and struggle to pick a team knowing that there are so many who need to be bulleted

I think he sees what we see.

I also remember him going mental on the sidelines vs Kilmarnock when we were 3-1 up.

It’s something we didn’t see with Beale or Gio

Weirdly I was almost glad we struggled against Hearts in his third or fourth game as it meant the new manager seen what these players often do when the chips are down. Side to side passing, safe option constantly, slow build up etc

Thankfully Danilo and Tav bailed us out that game and we went from strength to strength,

I don't know about anyone else but even through all the good form, a league Cup win, Betis away, coming back from a goal down at Killie etc I was still waiting on the inevitable 'collapse' from the squad.

Im not a negative person but I always felt it was in the post. Injuries of course have played a huge part as well, that goes without saying, but with the likes of Barisic, Lundstrum, Goldson and even Tav there's always that real possibility that it'll go tits up.

Unfortunately when it did, and they reverted to the usual of playing with total fear, we didn't have a Sima or Danilo or Cortes or even a Yilmaz to help when so many were struggling.

Talking some amount of shite, how is he not the man to do it, you literally see the issue is the players not putting the effort in, the manager is at the end of his tether with those individuals and it shows in that interview - he knows how to win and manage, just needs players with the desire to put the effort in for the accolades.

There is, unfortunately, no way whatsoever that many players leave.

Especially considering we have 2 loanee spells ending too.
Lundstrum, Barisic, Jack, Roofe, and McLaughlin are all out of contract so that's almost half the list away already. Wright and Lawrence only have a year left on their deals and if we've any sense then we should be trying to move them on for even nominal fees rather than let them run their contracts down to leave for free in the summer. Wright's failed move to Turkey in January is hopefully and indication that we're trying to do that.

Goldson, Tavernier, Davies, Dowell, Matondo, and Souttar all have two years left but none of them are likely to go for big money. I'd be inclined to keep Tavernier because he contributes more than most in the squad but we need to split up him and Goldson. I'd be concerned about going into a seventh season with those two as part of our back four. If Davies, Dowell, Matondo, and Souttar left you wouldn't notice.

Basically calling his players lazy. I couldn't agree more. Too many of them standing watching the ball get passed around them or players running off them. It blows my mind.

I hate how often the manager keeps talking about "6 months ago". You've been here for 40 games now mate. It's on you now.

Back