Clement - Souttar was injured

Play the players in the correct position.might give us a chance but you already know that
Still not seeing it . He was in an emergency situation and has three CDs injured he can’t play JL there because he has been red carded .

He put Sterlijg into right CD and he played really well in fact he was motm imo. Certainly our best player . We concede no goals.

What is your point ?

I know he’s our manager but to say we weren’t ourselves the first 20 minutes as we didn’t start well and weren’t ourselves is borderline ridiculous, we haven’t started a game well for I don’t know how long, months probably and that is completely ourselves.
Does he not see this?

Some squad we are building in the treatment room:

Souttar
Balogun
Goldson
Jack
Cortes
Matondo
Sima
Danilo

Couple more and we can get a 11 together. An absolute shambles and in no way “luck”.
I can't remember the last time we didn't have an insane injury list. Does anyone have any stats on this - we seem unbelievably unlucky

Still not seeing it . He was in an emergency situation and has three CDs injured he can’t play JL there because he has been red carded .

He put Sterlijg into right CD and he played really well in fact he was motm imo. Certainly our best player . We concede no goals.

What is your point ?
No point debating it.Manager got it wrong from the start but you can't speak badly of him

Really don't know anymore tbh.
We hear the same shite regarding injuries on a weekly basis.
Personally I wouldn't bet against him having not been injured at all and something has happened or been said in the changing room and it has leaked that he's not injured somehow.
It's easy to say he's injured in the aftermath.
He is injured.

I can't remember the last time we didn't have an insane injury list. Does anyone have any stats on this - we seem unbelievably unlucky

It’s not luck, it’s clearly something not happening correctly behind the scenes.

No team on the planet has ‘luck’ to the extent of our injury problems over the last 2-3 years.

And it’s not just the occurrence of injuries, it’s the fact our players take absolutely forever to recover from even slight issues. Maeda did his hamstring what, 3/4 weeks ago and played a key role for them today.

Meanwhile our players disappear for months at a time without a trace. It’s unacceptable for a club with our resources.

No point debating it.Manager got it wrong from the start but you can't speak badly of him
Ye don’t debate it on the entirely wrong points but by all means debate it on reasonable and sound evidence no one’s saying there isn’t a conversation to be had on what could have been better mate .

Ye don’t debate it on the entirely wrong points but by all means debate it on reasonable and sound evidence no one’s saying there isn’t a conversation to be had on what could have been better mate .
He kept the score respectable.If that is success then we have no hope

That interview concerns me, in that Clement thinks Lundstram has been playing well, and sounds like he will be back in the side after his suspension.

Still fucking defending Lundstram :)) if he starts that lady's front bottom again this season he can boost with him tbh. I know he doesn’t throw players under the bus but highlighting how well he’s done the last couple months ? He’s been fuckin horrific

What is your point ?
On one hand Clement got it right moving Sterling to CD, as Sterling, with his blocks and interventions was a big reason we never lost more goals when we were overrun in the first 15 minutes of the second half.
However, I think the reason we were overrun was Clement's decision in replacing Sterling's width in the team, with young Ross, rather than shoring up the middle of the park.
We could easily been 3 or 4 down in those 15 minutes.

I would love to hear, properly, where his position is.

As we've seen he can play anywhere and we've also seen he was CF for Chelsea growing up
According to Transfermarkt he's had 102 appearances at RB, 50 at RM, 23 at LB, 15 at CB, 5 at LM, 3 at RW, 1 at CF - and a mighty 5 as a DM/CM where most on here seem to want to play him.

He's a defender. Play him in defence and recruit more capable midfield players is the answer.

According to Transfermarkt he's had 102 appearances at RB, 50 at RM, 23 at LB, 15 at CB, 5 at LM, 3 at RW, 1 at CF - and a mighty 5 as a DM/CM where most on here seem to want to play him.

He's a defender. Play him in defence and recruit more capable midfield players is the answer.
Transfermatkt has it's uses but it's basically a football wiki.

Transfermatkt has it's uses but it's basically a football wiki.
Hardly. Not as if you and I can go in and edit for example. For statistical data its good. For market values its awful.

The data illustrates what I've said, Sterling is first and foremost a defender. That's where we should be playing him. 140 of his career appearances have been across the back line. Address the midfield deficiencies with midfield players.

Tbh I think he is a defender at heart with a little flexibility in him whereas most defenders don’t have that little extra he has .

Honestly I would agree based on today. He clearly knows how to play as a defender, why not make it permanent

On one hand Clement got it right moving Sterling to CD, as Sterling, with his blocks and interventions was a big reason we never lost more goals when we were overrun in the first 15 minutes of the second half.
However, I think the reason we were overrun was Clement's decision in replacing Sterling's width in the team, with young Ross, rather than shoring up the middle of the park.
We could easily been 3 or 4 down in those 15 minutes.
Overall I think he done the right thing wrt CD but accept your counter .

That was the other problem JL left us with wasn’t it and maybe introduce Raskin earlier even at HT for Lawrence might have been my choice in that situation but we really didn’t know how it would have went either and you can probably argue Nico had done zero to merit the call .

Underneath all of this there is doubt as to whether PC and NR are in harmony for whatever reasons .

Last edited:
Overall I think he done the right thing wrt CD but accept your counter .

That was the other problem JL left us with wasn’t it and maybe Raskin earlier even at HT for Lawrence might have been my choice in that situation but we really didn’t know how it would have went either and you can probably argue Nico had done zero to merit the call .

Underneath all of this there is doubt as to whether PC and NR are in harmony for whatever reasons .
Maybe it is fitness or maybe it's as simple as Clement not rating Raskin, but I don't think that stands up because, although Raskin hasn't exactly set the heather on fire, he could have been used to give JL a badly needed break, against the lesser teams in the league.

I guess we'll know more about his relationships with Raskin, Cantwell etc if they remain after the summer transfer window.

Explains the decision to sub him but not the decision - imo - to put on McAusland. Cantwell should have got the shout.

Maybe it is fitness or maybe it's as simple as Clement not rating Raskin, but I don't think that stands up because, although Raskin hasn't exactly set the heather on fire, he could have been used to give JL a badly needed break, against the lesser teams in the league.

I guess we'll know more about his relationships with Raskin, Cantwell etc if they remain after the summer transfer window.
Fully agree with your point about a month ago JL looked really blown physically and in need of a break . We just didn’t trust another to come on and hold that MF together possibly linked also to Dio having to miss two matches through injury .

That base CM role he wants either JL or RJ it would seem and again he’s another who hasn’t been at work in months .

Count of a situation for any manager

3-3 game - I told the team I did not recognize them in the first half
Today - In the first 20 mins we were not ourselves

Totally proves your second point.

This team fold under any sort of pressure from them. Shitebags.
Maybe he should put the correct 11 on from the start

Hardly. Not as if you and I can go in and edit for example. For statistical data its good. For market values its awful.

The data illustrates what I've said, Sterling is first and foremost a defender. That's where we should be playing him. 140 of his career appearances have been across the back line. Address the midfield deficiencies with midfield players.
It's a website tool. Unverified. The same as wiki.

Fully agree with your point about a month ago JL looked really blown physically and in need of a break . We just didn’t trust another to come on and hold that MF together possibly linked also to Dio having to miss two matches through injury .

That base CM role he wants either JL or RJ it would seem and again he’s another who hasn’t been at work in months .

Count of a situation for any manager
I agree COG. The manager hasn't had his problems to seek, given not only the injuries to key players, but the lack of overall quality in the squad.

It's a website tool. Unverified. The same as wiki.
Right. So, are you telling me it’s a fallacy that Sterling has spent around two thirds of his senior career playing as a defender - with virtually no time spent as a CM/DM?

The guys a defender.

Some squad we are building in the treatment room:

Souttar
Balogun
Goldson
Jack
Cortes
Matondo
Sima
Danilo

Couple more and we can get a 11 together. An absolute shambles and in no way “luck”.
That team with a few fit players is better than our current team.

That shows how good a job Clement has actually done although there's been a few mistakes in there.

Back