Clement under the radar comment.

Class of 72

Something not really spoken about was Clements comments on the ref the other night, along the lines of he was allowing Dundee player the freedom to push over and foul our players but not affording us the same luxury.
To me it seems like he’s known all along about the 3 tier refereeing system but wanted no excuses in the run in, hence the reason he kept on side with them.
Also I think the news about collum can only be bad for us. At best he’s an absolutely dreadful referee.

Something not really spoken about was Clements comments on the ref the other night, along the lines of he was allowing Dundee player the freedom to push over and foul our players but not affording us the same luxury.
To me it seems like he’s known all along about the 3 tier refereeing system but wanted no excuses in the run in, hence the reason he kept on side with them.
Also I think the news about collum can only be bad for us. At best he’s an absolutely dreadful referee.
The board wanted to take Collum to task and call out his blatant cheating on VAR at the Piggery.

Clement put a stop to it by all accounts.

It's also one of the angriest I've seen him, when he was talking about our first half performance.

There have been a few times when I thought he was being far too easy on the players after the poor performance's, but I think it's clear now that he was simply reluctant to criticise the players too much in the run in.

Now it's over, I think we might see a different side to him.

Yup and it’s a tactic all teams use against us but we are too soft and don’t get angry enough with the refs,the erse the other night was a prime example of it yet tav says nothing he should have been all over him about the inconsistencies
He actually was questioning the referee several times during the match for his bizarre decisions.
If you look back to Saturday's game with Collum, Collum was snarling at any Rangers player questioning his decisions, his wee face screwed up and he started shouting at Diomande on one occasion, when he was talking to them he was all smiles.

It's also one of the angriest I've seen him, when he was talking about our first half performance.

There have been a few times when I thought he was being far too easy on the players after the poor performance's, but I think it's clear now that he was simply reluctant to criticise the players too much in the run in.

He seemed to suggest that Cantwell only performed well in the second half, but the fouls on Cantwell, particularly in the first half hardly helped him. Four or five fouls on Cantwell in the first half, and not one leading to a booking.

Yup and it’s a tactic all teams use against us but we are too soft and don’t get angry enough with the refs,the erse the other night was a prime example of it yet tav says nothing he should have been all over him about the inconsistencies
I said this on the match thread, it's utterly infuriating.

we should be clustering round the ref demanding bookings, and put that thought in his mind. When we show we don't care, the ref knows he can just give them that wide latitude.

One moment summed it up for me against Dundee. Silva clearly fouled, but for some reason 3/4 Dundee players were there jostling, giving him verbals.
Don't think another Rangers player was within 15 yards of it. A basic of team sports is making sure you back up your mates. No aggression (or even interest) from the rest of the team.

we should be clustering round the ref demanding bookings, and put that thought in his mind. When we show we don't care, the ref knows he can just give them that wide latitude.

One moment summed it up for me against Dundee. Silva clearly fouled, but for some reason 3/4 Dundee players were there jostling, giving him verbals.
Don't think another Rangers player was within 15 yards of it. A basic of team sports is making sure you back up your mates. No aggression (or even interest) from the rest of the team.
That moment stuck out for me as well.

He actually was questioning the referee several times during the match for his bizarre decisions.
If you look back to Saturday's game with Collum, Collum was snarling at any Rangers player questioning his decisions, his wee face screwed up and he started shouting at Diomande on one occasion, when he was talking to them he was all smiles.

To be fair he was snarling at both sets of players. He's a truly woeful referee. Failing upwards though it seems.

The board wanted to take Collum to task and call out his blatant cheating on VAR at the Piggery.

Going for Collum was a massive mistake. If we got everyone onboard about the ridiculous decision then any normal person looks at who made the decision. The Walsh/Collum combo!

The club also should have got the audio published like they do in other countries.

As many of us suspected,what he was saying publicly was vastly different to what he was saying behind closed doors.you only had to look at him on the sidelines that he was furious at what he was watching.

We definitely need better players, we know that, but we also need an influx of stronger characters in our team, “harder” players.

I don’t mean those that would stupidly get sent off every other week, but no nonsense, tough players who the opposition know will not stand for attempted intimidation.

Think John Brown, Barry Ferguson, Neil McCann, Kevin Thomson, Alfredo Morelos.

We have too many soft players in our team, including all of Clement’s so called “leadership” group.

We definitely need better players, we know that, but we also need an influx of stronger characters in our team, “harder” players.

I don’t mean those that would stupidly get sent off every other week, but no nonsense, tough players who the opposition know will not stand for attempted intimidation.

We have too many soft players in our team, including all of Clement’s so called “leadership” group.
you're right, it's absolutely key to any rebuild. It's not the hardman type, it's the ones with mental toughness, exactly the guys on your list.
Players who go to a hostile atmosphere like the piggery, and thrive on the challenge, meet it head-on, and not shit their pants and hide.

Why lie?
Were you at the game? Because I counted at least 4 times Tavernier was talking to the referee after decisions.

Cantwell got wiped out by a Dundee player, and it was play on. Not one of our players went near the ref, far less give him an earful. We`re too nice, too vanilla. That bug eyed girlfriend beating turncoat of a captain of the mentally challengeds, was like prime Willie Fucking Miller at the weekend OF game. Ridiculous.

I think he was quite new/naive then. I suspect he sees things a little differently now.
I suspect this season has been quite a steep learning curve for Clement and he'll go into next season much better prepared. He arrived in the midst of a shitstorm and he's made a few veiled (and some not so veiled) comments about what he inherited in terms of players quality, conditioning and contract situations, so hopefully he'll address that in the summer. I also think he'll have learned a lot about officiating and the media. Hopefully he'll be more street smart with that next season too.

Talking of Collum, is he to be a part time teacher and part time head of refs or has he retired from teaching to continue to be a member of the part time SFA?

Doesn't work for us though, they sent Morelos off at every opportunity once they realized he was a threat to Celtic, he got kicked in the chest from a player laying on his back and got sent off. Imagine if we had a bunch of players who enjoyed the physical side of the game, we wouldnt need to worry about injuries as most would be banned after a slightly aggressive tackle.

I have only seen Clement putting on a measured public face in relation to this.
Where is the evidence that he actively sought to stop the board and who did he deal with ?
Does he ultimately have any authority to stop the board doing anything if they chose to pursue a course of action ?

He seemed to suggest that Cantwell only performed well in the second half, but the fouls on Cantwell, particularly in the first half hardly helped him. Four or five fouls on Cantwell in the first half, and not one leading to a booking.
There needs to be some sort of team “booking” for persistent fouling on one player, where the 3/4 player gets a card. They all had a shot at him.

Going for Collum was a massive mistake. If we got everyone onboard about the ridiculous decision then any normal person looks at who made the decision. The Walsh/Collum combo!

The club also should have got the audio published like they do in other countries.
Said it at the time. There was a cover up to protect Colum, with the release of the offside, that’s who we should have been going for.

His point was get up and get on with it.

Talking of Collum, is he to be a part time teacher and part time head of refs or has he retired from teaching to continue to be a member of the part time SFA?

Sounds like he was no longer a teacher but some other role in education, which he is leaving.

Yet he was complaining about it at the time, to the 4th official?

And? He's not on the pitch with the game going on around him. Complain when the whistle goes, don't take a huff and leave us disadvantaged while play goes on.

Collum behind a desk is better than Collum on the park as far as I am concerned.

In fact, if he took Clancy as his assistant I’d be delighted.

And? He's not on the pitch with the game going on around him. Complain when the whistle goes, don't take a huff and leave us disadvantaged while play goes on.
Clement was angry at the time about the challenges to Cantwell, and was complaing about it. Cantwell was already out for weeks because of a challenge at St Johnstone, but you seem to think if he is being fouled as incessantly as he was in that it doesn't affect his performance?

Yes .

What does it imply ? To me he will have to include this risk in his squad plans . Eg it’s hard to do that to Sterling but easier to do to Cantwell or McCausland isn’t it .

Should be a factor in the recruitment work

As for the actual cheating of officials which let’s be honest is endemic now that’s for other club executives to deal with but he will have input I am sure

Why lie?
Were you at the game? Because I counted at least 4 times Tavernier was talking to the referee after decisions.
I’m not lying I’m saying he doesn’t get angry with refs yes he moans at them but he c so would be raging at some the decisions

I am a big Clement fan but i was very let down by his comments against the board when they challenged the sfa about Collum. He must have felt like a prick after watching how Collum treayed his players at the crime scene. I am older and have seen all the refs over the years goid and bad. However i have never seen any ref in the faces of any players like i seen at the weekend. Cant help but think Clement has only added to the clubs problem with his naivety.

I’m not lying I’m saying he doesn’t get angry with refs yes he moans at them but he c so would be raging at some the decisions
You said "yet tav says nothing he should have been all over him about the inconsistencies"
Then you've just admitted he moans at them.

Back