Clement under the radar comment.

It's also one of the angriest I've seen him, when he was talking about our first half performance.

There have been a few times when I thought he was being far too easy on the players after the poor performance's, but I think it's clear now that he was simply reluctant to criticise the players too much in the run in.

Now it's over, I think we might see a different side to him.
Bingo. Yet posters on here were falling over themselves to have a go at him cos he wasn't publicly chucking them under the bus.

He actually was questioning the referee several times during the match for his bizarre decisions.
If you look back to Saturday's game with Collum, Collum was snarling at any Rangers player questioning his decisions, his wee face screwed up and he started shouting at Diomande on one occasion, when he was talking to them he was all smiles.
A wee friendly chat with McGregor, but snarling at Diamonde, even the hapless Kenny Miller commented on his approach.

The posts are all about Collum and Clement. But Robertson has screwed us several times costing us points. The Roofe/Dessers goal in September. The Dessers goal that levelled the game in April when he was VAR and told Beaton to go back 75 yards and award a foul. When he red-carded our player, was asked to review on the monitor and stuck by his decision which was then rescinded by the SFA. The Sima incident at Dens Park. That is potentially eight points. His card was marked by Rodgers six years ago after his abysmal performance at Ross County. We are too nice both on the park and off it.

In some role just now to do with raising attainment in schools not classroom based. By all accounts very good at his job and highly rated.
Highly rated for his present part time job, by Celtc.

I read on one of the papers that he seeks to improve VAT, well, with his experience on VAR he knows how bad it is now.

Clement was angry at the time about the challenges to Cantwell, and was complaing about it. Cantwell was already out for weeks because of a challenge at St Johnstone, but you seem to think if he is being fouled as incessantly as he was in that it doesn't affect his performance?

Clement said the players should be getting on with it.

Is he wrong?

What's this got to do with Cantwell being injured 4/5 times in the first half, and how it can affect his game?

Clements point was play to the whistle, not huff about it and ruin the teams shape for both attacking and defensive situations.

I don't understand what you are finding hard to get here.

He seemed to suggest that Cantwell only performed well in the second half, but the fouls on Cantwell, particularly in the first half hardly helped him. Four or five fouls on Cantwell in the first half, and not one leading to a booking.
He wasn't talking about Cantwell never mentioned his name you should not make up stories we have enough with that cheap talk in the media without apparently one of our own coming out with it.

I said this on the match thread, it's utterly infuriating.

we should be clustering round the ref demanding bookings, and put that thought in his mind. When we show we don't care, the ref knows he can just give them that wide latitude.

One moment summed it up for me against Dundee. Silva clearly fouled, but for some reason 3/4 Dundee players were there jostling, giving him verbals.
Don't think another Rangers player was within 15 yards of it. A basic of team sports is making sure you back up your mates. No aggression (or even interest) from the rest of the team.
Back in the day when Goughie said "a team that drinks together, plays together" or something like that. It was clear, that era, that team, the guys all backed each other up.

You just don`t see that in our team and haven`t for a long time. The backing up, not the drinking part as I know times have changed :)

You said "yet tav says nothing he should have been all over him about the inconsistencies"
Then you've just admitted he moans at them.
He’s not influential enough, he absolutely doesn’t influence the officials. You can say what you like about McGregor but he is a very good player and captain for Celtic. There no contest between him and Tavernier in that regard.

Clements point was play to the whistle, not huff about it and ruin the teams shape for both attacking and defensive situations.

I don't understand what you are finding hard to get here.
Well, first of all Cantwell didn't huff about it; secondly, Clement didn't take too kindly to the constant fouls; last of all, Cantwell couldn't have been one of those coming in for criticism anyway, because Cantwell works for the team on and off the ball, and did so the other night.

He wasn't talking about Cantwell never mentioned his name you should not make up stories we have enough with that cheap talk in the media without apparently one of our own coming out with it.
Clement never mentioned Cantwell in the post-match Press Conference?

Stop nitpicking picking you know well what I’m saying
It’s not nitpicking it’s pointing out you were wrong in what you said.

You basically want him screaming in the referees face. You can’t do that. But that doesn’t stop you moaning that Tavernier doesn’t do it.

He’s not influential enough, he absolutely doesn’t influence the officials. You can say what you like about McGregor but he is a very good player and captain for Celtic. There no contest between him and Tavernier in that regard.
Not really sure you can compare them because if you’re honest about it McGregor, like Brown before him, is allowed to basically referee games. They’re shit scared of the celtic board and fans. They’re not afraid of our board or fans.

It’s not nitpicking it’s pointing out you were wrong in what you said.

You basically want him screaming in the referees face. You can’t do that. But that doesn’t stop you moaning that Tavernier doesn’t do it.
It’s not a thing I usually do but see if I want have a moan on here re any player I will do so as can you now cheerio.

He actually was questioning the referee several times during the match for his bizarre decisions.
If you look back to Saturday's game with Collum, Collum was snarling at any Rangers player questioning his decisions, his wee face screwed up and he started shouting at Diomande on one occasion, when he was talking to them he was all smiles.
Aye Kenny miller said "why can't he just have a conversation with the players rather than get raging and look like he wants to fight with them. You're allowed to have a conversation"

Or something like that anyway

It's also one of the angriest I've seen him, when he was talking about our first half performance.

There have been a few times when I thought he was being far too easy on the players after the poor performance's, but I think it's clear now that he was simply reluctant to criticise the players too much in the run in.

Now it's over, I think we might see a different side to him.
After the cup final! He has no option but to support the players until then to have any chance of winning it. I suspect after that you will be 100% right.

Back