Clive Tyldesley's Christmas message.

Can’t believe some on here prefer Tom Miller on commentary.
I'm a but bipolar with Tom.

When he isn't acting the clown & trying to be funny he is a competent & professional play by play guy.

Certain games where his co commentator isn't particularly media savvy I.e Alan McLaren its like he lowers his level to meet them & ends up making some really bizarre and risky comments.

When he is on with Thommo or Steven Smith he is ok/bearable - when it's a 'lesser'colour commentator he seems to act the goat.

Disappointed to observe former & current players driving on the M8 using both hands to text.
Albeit in slow moving traffic but just no!

I'm a but bipolar with Tom.

When he isn't acting the clown & trying to be funny he is a competent & professional play by play guy.

Certain games where his co commentator isn't particularly media savvy I.e Alan McLaren its like he lowers his level to meet them & ends up making some really bizarre and risky comments.

When he is on with Thommo or Steven Smith he is ok/bearable - when it's a 'lesser'colour commentator he seems to act the goat.
I disagree. When he isn't acting the clown and trying to be funny it simply exposes his ineptitude and complete lack of knowledge of the game.

Maybe I’m just a miserable git but I much prefer clyde’s more measured commentary, however some of the hate tom gets is way over the top.

Can’t believe some on here prefer Tom Miller on commentary.
I prefer Tom, deal with it :D

Me too. I'm Team Tom all the way :)

Nothing personal against the guy, but I can't believe some people on here want us wasting money on Clive. It's RTV, I'm not wanting to hear unbiased commentary and b/s irrelevant stats.
I want to hear Tom and Thommo going genuine mental when we score!

Folk need to remember when tom millar does it he’s doing the tv commentary and the audio commentary (which is effectively online radio/ Audio description) at the same time , so that’s why he does go on a bit more.

If was both just TV commentary Clive would still be better but Tom is doing two jobs when he does his. So he maybe deserves a little slack on that basis

Merry Christmas Clive.
All the best to you and your nearest and dearest.
An absolutely cracking Christmas jumper, Italy/Baggio from USA 94.

Last edited:
What does the 10 on the jumper mean? I'm assuming it's nothing to do with Terry Munro as Bobby Madden posted a picture with him wearing it.

Or is it... :shh:

Guessing it's based on this, the 10 is very similar.

INPHO_00012260.jpg

I like Clive because he does not hold back with what he thinks lol am wondering what he will say about the shutdown being brought forward maybe along same lines of Shagger I would imagine, and all these media clowns will be sitting with their pens ready lol

Me too. I'm Team Tom all the way :)

Nothing personal against the guy, but I can't believe some people on here want us wasting money on Clive. It's RTV, I'm not wanting to hear unbiased commentary and b/s irrelevant stats.
I want to hear Tom and Thommo going genuine mental when we score!
I've only just noticed you as a poster in the past 24 hours. Think I didnt agree with you on another thread. But bang on the money on this one.

Clive’s been great - the whole RTV set up has been first class in the main over the last year. Last week was a throwback to when it wasn’t so hot.

Back