Close them down from the first whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHDaaron

a cliche yes but 'hunt in packs'

the most energy you have ever shown on a football pitch

passively sitting off and 'seeing what happens' doesnt work against this filth team

take the iniative

ok im only a youth coach, but we cant be the dossile, unconfident, lazy team..just because we are playing at the potato dome

into these pricks from the first whistle

Imo we can't. I think our terrible preseason has caught up with us and that's what's happened.

The work you do in preseason isnt for the first part of the season. The teams who do the best preseason feel the benefit in the back end of the campaign.

Imo we can't. I think our terrible preseason has caught up with us and that's what's happened.

The work you do in preseason isnt for the first part of the season. The teams who do the best preseason feel the benefit in the back end of the campaign.
Yeah we look so leggy

Hopefully adrenaline carries them through tomorrow.

passively sitting off and 'seeing what happens' doesnt work against this filth team

take the iniative

ok im only a youth coach, but we cant be the dossile, unconfident, lazy team..just because we are playing at the potato dome

Agree! That's how you take control of these games.
For me if I was captain, and I was being called a shitebag, and everyone was saying the Japanese guy is too much for me. I'd take him out first minute and scream in his face get fucking up and show me then c'mon. I'd take the card, leave a marker and leave them all going mental and smile and wink at the crowd.....but what do I know I'm just a rangers da!!!!

Not sure this is the way to go, they dont need to win, so they can afford to pass about and wear us down, theyre also very capableof beating a high press. I think we need to keep it tight get a feel of the ball and pass about, frustrate the crowd and only close down when needed get to half time if 0-0 then go with what you say

For me if I was captain, and I was being called a shitebag, and everyone was saying the Japanese guy is too much for me. I'd take him out first minute and scream in his face get fucking up and show me then c'mon. I'd take the card, leave a marker and leave them all going mental and smile and wink at the crowd.....but what do I know I'm just a rangers da!!!!
Aye that's clever, booked in the first minute, sent off before HT if wee Collum gets a chance.

You put a suit on for cup finals dont you?

Standing in front of the mirror "the boys have trained hard for it and are looking forward to the occasion."

You put a suit on for cup finals dont you?

Standing in front of the mirror "the boys have trained hard for it and are looking forward to the occasion."
By the way mate I didn't mean to quote your post above I was quoting Los polo and got mixed up tried to delete but failed, apologies bud

Not sure this is the way to go, they dont need to win, so they can afford to pass about and wear us down, theyre also very capableof beating a high press. I think we need to keep it tight get a feel of the ball and pass about, frustrate the crowd and only close down when needed get to half time if 0-0 then go with what you say

yeah, hold off and let them gain confidence

sit off, perfect strategy

ffs

Brilliant idea. Be walking the risk of a second yellow for 89 minutes.

We just need to stop trying to play it out, it will be warm tomorrow they defo won't be able to swarm all over us if we just launch the ball up the wings into space, let them have it and pressure them. They get joy allowing us to take it from the keeper then they push as a team.

Wishful thinking. Think they will fall to pieces tomorrow. We needed a good start in the previous OF and then Tav had his brain fart after 20-odd seconds.

As per previous recent games against them, I think we will know which way it is going to go when we see our approach to the first 5 minutes.

take the iniative

We should yes. Unfortunately too many of the old guard like to just ease themselves into the game

Not closing down the opposition is right up there with not having men on the posts when defending corners in my Rangers pet hates.

Closing them down doesn't guarantee we'll win the game, but it gives us the best chance.

We have seen time and time and time again in Old Firm matches in recent years that when we give them time on the ball they punish us.

They don't handle an organised press well. My concern is that we probably don't have the players to really get after them. We need energy and pace and that's lacking in our forward positions at the minute.

I think we'd all agree with the sentiment and they can't deal with a press. But...I'm struggling to see the front three that is able to do that with us. Silva, Dessers and Cantwell can't. And sadly there's only one Sterling.

It's all about playing as a team, being positive in our mindset & then ensuring we go out to dominate the opposition player we are up against individually
If every player wins their own small battle then we can win this match.
Clement also has to show positivity & transfer that to each & every player

It's been known for years that pressing %^*& out of them and close them down sends them into a panic however that's three managers now that have chosen not to go down this route for reasons I don't know.
We have chosen to do it but its not just a case of doing it. We need to be fast and enegetic to do it, if we aren't we get dragged all over the place. That is the reason why Sterling must start in the middle of the park.

For a change, I would like to see us win our 50/50s every time!, would also like to see us win EVERY 2nd Ball!
For TOO long we have stood back and admired them!.
Get right in among them.

Stop fucking around with tippy ,tappy shite that ends up in us being pressed and panicking.
Play long balls,make them header or turn and go pressing them for the first or second ball.

We don't have the energy or pace in team to do that. I think our only chance of a result is to set up like a jobber SPL team, flood the midfield and hit on the break. On the most part, the other teams seem to be able to give them a game at the piggery.

Been saying this last few seasons you can tell how we are going into an OF from the kick off. Last couple, at least, we have from the start tried to hold possession and that has dictated the pace of the game. We struggled to change the tempo later on the game when it was obvious we had to.

Run at them from the first whistle to the last.

No team can press for 90 minutes. Players get pulled out of position and decent teams are smart enough to play through it. Our defenders need to try and stay disciplined positionally, as we concede a lot of goals on the counterattack when they are out of position.

I think it’s best to choose our moments and areas to press, then do it fully committed as a team. Going all out is just asking for trouble.

They're only capable of beating our high press if we surrender the midfield again. Match them in the midfield, press them high and watch the panic mate.

Under Gerrard we used to play cute wee triangles that were great for getting on the break rarely ever see it utilised and playing against it can be energy zapping, seeing those freaks use it annoys the %^*& out of me.
Win the battle in the middle of the park and use Sterling properly in it and I reckon we can do them have to be in their face from the get go.

Our press has been pretty poor in recent weeks and months.

Unfashionable to say before these games but I wonder if we would be better sitting in and hitting on the break with pace.

do not give them any space and be right in their faces,we can not let them settle and control the game

Go after them from the first whistle. No holding back in challenges and when, yes when, we score, rub it right into the mhanky, clatty, stinking horde. They'll soon boil over and we'll see them, hopefully, diving from the top deck.

yeah, hold off and let them gain confidence

sit off, perfect strategy

ffs
Going gung ho isn't always the answer, Smiths sides never done that and we won loads of matches there, if we did go gung ho then we'd be knackered after 30 mins!

I'm not saying let them have the ball, I'm saying when we have it, pass it about and frustrate the crowd ease into the game then yea go for it

Some grit and steel. The Rangers way.

Would love to see it

Our team is not fit enough to 'go' at it for 90 mins sadly.
All is not lost though if every man does his job.
I think our chances will be at a premium, and our forwards are wasteful. Big chance might be if we willing to have a few shots.
Defensively , need to be switched on

It's a mighty big task given our recent showings , but this kind of game is one of the reasons why we will all be willing the team on tomorrow.

A bit of luck , descent refereeing , and the Rangers spirit, and you never know!

Our team is not fit enough to 'go' at it for 90 mins sadly.
All is not lost though if every man does his job.
I think our chances will be at a premium, and our forwards are wasteful. Big chance might be if we willing to have a few shots.
Defensively , need to be switched on

It's a mighty big task given our recent showings , but this kind of game is one of the reasons why we will all be willing the team on tomorrow.

A bit of luck , descent refereeing , and the Rangers spirit, and you never know!
Yep but decent refereeing is an ask to much I fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back