Club 1872

daven37

What exactly is going on with C1872?

With a holding of near 20m shares (I believe over 5%, please correct me if am wrong) they represent a significant and privileged position between the board and the support.

The should, SHOULD, be a group who are able to rally the support, issue statements on our behalf that represents the general view and take our concerns direct to the club. I also believe they should be building media contacts to get the view of the Rangers support heard.

Instead they are silent and that is doing nobody any good.

Are they in the huff after the challenge/criticism they faced last year?

They used to put out some decent statements, are they not interested anymore or is there something else going on?

Going nowhere basically. Nothing is going to change with the current folk running it.

Basically a vehicle to try and get Dave King his money back.

I try not to think about it as it's infuriating what a total waste it is considering the shareholding.

Self serving charlatans unfortunately.

Changing rules to make it difficult to get on board to oust them

No relationship with club.

Appalling relationship with most members.

Trust in them very low.

Pie in sky scheme to buy Kings shares will take them about 30 years.

Shameful

No relationship to the supporters and no relationship to the club. This is going to be a body who does nothing apart from what Dave King tells them to do.

We should get so much more from them. That's why I cancelled my membership.

Few individuals running it as a vanity project for their own benefit, rather than for the benefit of the membership as a whole

They’ll cling onto power by any means they can. I donated for years but I’ll never donate another penny until the board is cleansed

Choked with the cold so might be missing something and not a member of Club 1872. I thought they were just a vehicle to buy shares in the club rather than be a route to defend the fans etc.?

Absolutely nothing, the members don’t trust them, the football club board doesn’t trust them and they seem to have contempt for both.

They only care about getting King his money back and getting a blazer.

Defunct, effectively.

A donation pot.

They’ll have no bearing on anything material.

If I was the current investors, I’d look to just continually dilute their holding.

Choked with the cold so might be missing something and not a member of Club 1872. I thought they were just a vehicle to buy shares in the club rather than be a route to defend the fans etc.?
Both. The greater the shareholding the bigger the voice. If they spoke with a larger shareholding, they would be heard.

Back