Club Brugge Shirt Sponsor

Is it not because gambling companies have to be shown to be promoting not gambling as much, in the UK?
It’s definitely a UK only initiative by Kindred Group

The logos on the training gear which don’t utilise the zero % mission aspect are definitely better

I quite like the 'team talk' mental health charity charity one Rangers do, I think it's been in Europe where adverts are banned.
Be nice if 32red allowed this for sale retail wise as it looks smart and a small fee could go to the Rangers charity with each top

It's classic Doncaster.

That and any club with a gambling sponsor will be drawn into a conflict of interests so won’t have the William Hill badge on their shirt just like the Cinch deal. Which was a cut price deal anyway. The Cinch deal was worth less than sleeve sponsorship for the old firm combined and then there was the other clubs thrown in plus the league naming. Yet again another truly awful underselling of the product by the SPFL.

Bisgrove should have had the balls to tell them to stick it.

It looks awful on our jersey and there is absolutely no need for it.

What a potentially lose out on sponsorship money? Aye that will show them.
I'm talking specifically about the zero mission shite.

It's not essential and makes the logo look cheap and tacky.

Rangers could just say, we'll use your logo but we don't want the zero mission nonsense.

Rangers could just say, we'll use your logo but we don't want the zero mission nonsense.
Playing in Scotland, Rangers need to maximise every sponsorship avenue they can - telling companies to “stick it” because of their own branding is suicidal.

It will be a legislative requirement that gambling companies have to undertake as part of sports sponsorship. The alternative would be to find another sponsor.

Playing in Scotland, Rangers need to maximise every sponsorship avenue they can - telling companies to “stick it” because of their own branding is suicidal.
The precedent has been set though with the likes of Brugge and Copenhagen not having that shitshpw on their short.

We'd be well within our rights to demand the same.

Other betting shit sponsorships in the UK don't have shitty strap lines like we do.

It will be a legislative requirement that gambling companies have to undertake as part of sports sponsorship. The alternative would be to find another sponsor.
It's not a requirement.

Show me a gambling sponsor in UK football that has this nonsense.

Christ, the mentally challengeds have a betting company but there is no strap line pish.

It's not a requirement.

Show me a gambling sponsor in UK football that has this nonsense.

Christ, the mentally challengeds have a betting company but there is no strap line pish.

Good point which I hadn't considered.

Maybe it is just a question of some organisations being a bit more proactive to take responsibility on the subject of 'problem' gambling issues.

Good point which I hadn't considered.

Maybe it is just a question of some organisations being a bit more proactive to take responsibility on the subject of 'problem' gambling issues.
You don't believe that surely? We'll be proactive to tackle gambling addiction by....promoting a gambling company.

You don't believe that surely? We'll be proactive to tackle gambling addiction by....promoting a gambling company.

There are many vices in life that are harmful and people will find addictions in many different ways. That doesn't mean that alcohol, gambling, sugar etc is unlawful but that the organisations in those industries look for ethical ways to reduce the likelihood of addiction.

Whilst I don't personally believe there is merit in some of these restrictions or approaches, it should not preclude organisations from operating or for other organisations to promote their services through sponsorship. If there is a more ethical way of doing business then perhaps we (as a club) prefer that more than others.

There are many vices in life that are harmful and people will find addictions in many different ways. That doesn't mean that alcohol, gambling, sugar etc is unlawful but that the organisations in those industries look for ethical ways to reduce the likelihood of addiction.

Whilst I don't personally believe there is merit in some of these restrictions or approaches, it should not preclude organisations from operating or for other organisations to promote their services through sponsorship. If there is a more ethical way of doing business then perhaps we (as a club) prefer that more than others.
Nobody is saying it is unlawful I don't think.

I just can't believe that anyone would think that our sponsorship deal with a gambling company is borne out of our ethics and a concern to stop gambling addictions. That's a ludicrous take if serious. Our sponsorship deal is rightly about £££. To try and paint it as some sort of ethical mission is quite funny to be honest.

Perhaps Unibet have done their own new and retained customer analysis and discovered most of them signed up or spent more money since the zero mission tagline was used versus when it wasn't. In that case, evidence supports it's inclusion.

If however, there is evidence they are losing customers or revenue because of it's inclusion, it'll get removed if legally allowed.

It would be daft to remove it because Billy from Kinning Park thinks it's pish.

Nobody is saying it is unlawful I don't think.

I just can't believe that anyone would think that our sponsorship deal with a gambling company is borne out of our ethics and a concern to stop gambling addictions. That's a ludicrous take if serious. Our sponsorship deal is rightly about £££. To try and paint it as some sort of ethical mission is quite funny to be honest.

I'm not, you are choosing to take that point of view out of what I am saying.

In summary, these things are part of life. For some it is a hard (addictive) part of life. Gambling organisations pay a bit more for sponsorships so it is good business sense to do business with them. The ethical component is one small thing that can be done within that arrangement.

Be careful what you wish for. With the current profile of Scottish football as it is the next sponsor will probably be something like Nambarrie Tea.

Looks ok with the hint of orange on the white :cool:

20240509-134016-Blend-Collage.png

Back