Club crest - correct version

kingstonbluenose

Fellow bears, getting my new set of lawn bowls engraved with the club crest by the manufacturer. I'm looking for the correct version of the club crest, as there's a few versions kicking about.

I'm NOT after the one below:

Crest1.jpg.ec217b7a86a728029541267c0549e3b2.jpg

Go with the one that has the lion rampant on it. The crest we wear on our shirt has changed so many times its unclear to me which one was first. I know they had to change it a few times.

does anyone know when the bottom of the R on the RFC jersey badge was cropped and why?

Cheers

Last edited:
Go with the one that has the lion rampant on it. The crest we wear on our shirt has changed so many times its unclear to me which one was first. I know they had to change it a few times.

Can you post examples of the differences?

I can only think of it changing once and that was a very minor change.

does anyone know when the bottom of the F on the RFC jersey badge was cropped and why?

Cheers
It was done about 8 years ago, certainly before the attempt on the life of our club. It's been asked on here before, I think it was a cosmetic "tidying up" of the crest, which may also have had something to do with copyrighting it to the club. I could be wrong of course.

It was done about 8 years ago, certainly before the attempt on the life of our club. It's been asked on here before, I think it was a cosmetic "tidying up" of the crest, which may also have had something to do with copyrighting it to the club. I could be wrong of course.
All the above is quite spot on and it will surprise no one that it cost an eye watering amount. Absolutely scandalous.

It’s on a shirt from 07/08 so a little earlier mate, just curious why but your probably right with the copyright angle, a lot of Clubs slightly changed their crests to thwart the snide merch guys.

Fellow bears, getting my new set of lawn bowls engraved with the club crest by the manufacturer. I'm looking for the correct version of the club crest, as there's a few versions kicking about.

I'm NOT after the one below:

Crest1.jpg.ec217b7a86a728029541267c0549e3b2.jpg

I think this one is near enough the original badge, the Founders Trail use it

Also bugging me is the fact the current crest has a white rim round it. Rangers social media team have failed to notice this and has a blue rim round it looking at our Facebook and Twitter club profile picture. @Greg Marshall

It’s on a shirt from 07/08 so a little earlier mate, just curious why but your probably right with the copyright angle, a lot of Clubs slightly changed their crests to thwart the snide merch guys.

It was done back in 2004 for copyright issues, that season’s away top was the first one to feature it.

I can't post an image but if you check out our team photos from the early Twenties our white reserve shirt displayed the famous RFC. Also, and should be of interest to all in this thread, in our first away venture in UEFA competition in 1956 against Nice, probably the most iconic jersey of all, our Royal Blue with the white V collar and blue cuffs, sported an RFC badge. Again, can't post a photo, but easily found if you do the relevant search.

Glasgow-Rangers%403.-old-logo.png

Think this may only ever have been used during the Admiral days.
Some may recall that the Sunday Liam (or Daily Rebel, does it matter which, not really) made a big thing of the first white line in the scroll followed by the first two letters of Rangers appearing to display the name of a proscribed terrorist gang. Even back then they were coming the c[]nt and trying to be wide. And over 20 odd years later they're still at it.

That's the R.F.C. Badge i grew up with and would draw on my jotter,desk, wall or anything else that took my fancy!
Too old for that sort of thing now!!!
Just wish they'd get rid of the 5 stars.
Old hat now.
Please tell me that you changed the road ?safety warning on the front to RANGERS! RANGERS! RANGERS! ?

Back