Club looking to increase Ibrox capacity to 60,000 by 2030?

LoyalAndBlue82

Official Ticketer
️ Rangers are seeking to increase Ibrox’s capacity from 51,000 to 60,000 by 2030.

The club have 46,000 season ticket holders and around 20,000 on the waiting list.

“Rangers looked at digging down but immediate issues with the water table and moving out for a season precluded that. They have looked at how Liverpool and Fulham played on while new stands were built or rebuilt.
That looks to be their preferred solution.”

Source: The Herald.

If planned properly, a stand can be built upon in pretty quick time, even if the stadium is still being used. It’s not an impossible feat.

If we look to build upon, say for instance, the Copland Road stand and add en extra tier, and to do it safely of course, could be done well within a year or potentially less. Adding 2-3500 seats per stand would require building upwards and also removing the screens and rebuilding those corners comment which would take a far greater amount of time to reconstruct.

Well doable, but costly but that money would be repayed in ticket sales pretty quickly I’d imagine.

Would be nice to have a stadium in equal, or greater size than those manky tramps who can’t really increase theirs unless they knock down that abomination of a main stand.

We can't fill in the corners loyal. Unless we win the euromillions. The corners support the roof

If planned properly, a stand can be built upon in pretty quick time, even if the stadium is still being used. It’s not an impossible feat.

If we look to build upon, say for instance, the Copland Road stand and add en extra tier, and to do it safely of course, could be done well within a year or potentially less. Adding 2-3500 seats per stand would require building upwards and also removing the screens and rebuilding those corners comment which would take a far greater amount of time to reconstruct.

Well doable, but costly but that money would be repayed in ticket sales pretty quickly I’d imagine.

Would be nice to have a stadium in equal, or greater size than those manky tramps who can’t really increase theirs unless they knock down that abomination of a main stand.
At the time of altering the steel work at the existing stands to accommodate the big screens it was said that the main work was done at the time to allow the rear corners to be filling with minimum costs and disruption.

Pointless making it a pissing contest with the Dhims, for those choosing to put that angle on things. They could easily expand by redeveloping their Main Stand.

Let’s do what we can afford. If that’s 60k then great. If it’s 55k then that’s fine too.

More folk will come to watch a winning team. That’s the first thing to address.

I’m sure the ‘estimate’ to fill the corners was in the region of £25m-£30m. No idea where that money would come from, never mind any bigger schemes. And you can be sure any ‘estimate’ would,in reality, rise by circa 25% anyway.

Last edited:
The new Bernabeu will have nothing on us by 2030:
Fm8mCeMX0A82Be0.jpg:large

I can't see how Liverpool or Fulham is a good example for us. They have both spent around £100m on new stands to add 7000-8000 new seats.
I think it more to do with not moving out while it was done?

Liverpool is more the best option as they rebuilt 2 stands and still allowed access to the current one in the early rebuilding of them

Pointless making it a pissing contest with the Dhims, for those choosing to put that angle on things. They could easily expand by redeveloping their Main Stand.

Let’s do what we can afford. If that’s 60k then great. If it’s 55k then that’s fine too.

I’m sure the ‘estimate’ to fill the corners was in the region of £25m-£30m. No idea where that money would come from, never mind any bigger schemes. And you can be sure any ‘estimate’ would,in reality, rise by circa 25% anyway.
Could Stuart Gibson not fund it through his company in Asia

I always thought it was meant to be impossible to add significant capacity due to the limited stadium footprint? Now that we've allowed surrounding plots to be developed.

Exactly, they would just go and upgrade also. Look after ourselves and do what is right for us.

70,000 minimum should be the aim.

Take back the financial advantage in the much longer term. I don't care if 2-3 home games per season aren't 100% sold out. Imagine nights like Leipzig but with 20,000 more bears. We want to be at the big table of European or Global club football in future, we need to have the infrastructure for it.

Demolish and rebuild the 3 other stands from scratch, make the facilities fit for the 21st century including standing and properly segregated sections.

Can be paid for initially by future ST sales on the 20,000 extra seats (Ticketus or similar venture capitalists).

I think it more to do with not moving out while it was done?

Liverpool is more the best option as they rebuilt 2 stands and still allowed access to the current one in the early rebuilding of them
Just don't see how it would be feasible at Ibrox for the money it would cost. Filling the corners while keeping the stadium fully open during the works could be easily £75-£100m. It would be decades before it would be paid back.

Just don't see how it would be feasible at Ibrox for the money it would cost. Filling the corners while keeping the stadium fully open during the works could be easily £75-£100m. It would be decades before it would be paid back.
I understand there is the financial aspect and there hasn't been any other real details but maybe that is the preferred option for the club?

I can't see how Liverpool or Fulham is a good example for us. They have both spent around £100m on new stands to add 7000-8000 new seats.
Liverpool have added 15000 seats to reach 61000 after expanding two stands. Also added loads of hospitality to help fund it.

The money wont come out of the existing budget. It will be raised via debentures or other external ring fenced funding.

Same as Edmiston House, it wont affect the playing budget.

Thats if it happens, but the point is people need to stop assuming the budget is a single pot. You cant spend external investment on the squad. You can spend it on infrastructure though

Everything from now on must go on the football side. Stabilise us for the years ahead. Right now we just seem to be always on edge. Good young players coming on through the club continually, something we've never got on top of.

A time when the finances at the club are the least of our problems. I'm hoping there's going to be a more even spread, especially in Europe. This super league problem needs to be dealt with. Too few are raking it in and far too many are sharing the scraps. That Real Madrid stadium is taking them onto another level again, maybe time for them and others to go the way they want to.

Thousands of season ticket holders would potentially need to go seasons without going to games while renovations are carried out. We've seen people complain about being moved out the Copland for the singing section.

I can't see them accepting this. I know I'll get the they need to suck it up replies but be realistic

Add in the cost, I can't see this happening at all to be honest.

Didn’t this come out after a board meeting or something about 6 months ago re filling in the corners etc?

You’d like to think any expansion would factor in premium seating, hospitality offerings all of which command more than your standard season ticket. You’ve also added an extra 10k to potential concerts and events held at Ibrox.

Not sure if this is true or not but We need to find a way to do this the advantage they have selling 10k more season tickets is getting bigger and bigger
At the recent fans forum I managed to speak to a few of the staff after the event,

I mentioned about the need for a larger capacity as a revenue generator but also a means to help those who want a season ticket but can't get one at present,

The two main issues the staff mentioned were the water table and the costs involved in moving out of Ibrox for a season to do the works,

Looks like we're going for the solution that Liverpool and Fulham used which is to do the work while still playing at the stadium

Back