Club looking to increase Ibrox capacity to 60,000 by 2030?

Great news, could the waiting list fans pay up front for their 'new' seat and help fund it?
Please God no Ibrox closure and renting that bollocks glorified greyhound track that is Hampden.
At an absolute push I'd prefer to travel to Edinburgh and play at Murrayfield

The money wont come out of the existing budget. It will be raised via debentures or other external ring fenced funding.

Same as Edmiston House, it wont affect the playing budget.

Thats if it happens, but the point is people need to stop assuming the budget is a single pot. You cant spend external investment on the squad. You can spend it on infrastructure though
This

I understand there is the financial aspect and there hasn't been any other real details but maybe that is the preferred option for the club?
I would love to see Ibrox get proper expansion but these stories every few months feel similar to Murray when plans used to get published for a redeveloped stadium. No information or realistic way to fund it but is a good talking point for AGMs.

Could have the largest capacity arena in the UK…

…if the team on the pitch aren’t capable of winning League Championships then the place will never be full (derbies & Europe excluded).

Any funding we can obtain needs focused squarely on the footballing operation, not infrastructure.

Don't care how its done or what is required externally to do it. Away fans in BF1 and when larger allocation needed BR2.
The amount of wasted tickets for segregation in the corner is ludicrous.

…if the team on the pitch aren’t capable of winning League Championships then the place will never be full (derbies & Europe excluded).

Any funding we can obtain needs focused squarely on the footballing operation, not infrastructure.
Amazing take, an awful one at that
Premium shortsightedness from folk who don't realise Rangers don't win everything just because they are Rangers.
Ironically the huge extra revenue streams on this projected plan will lead to much larger player investment down the line

Liverpool have added 15000 seats to reach 61000 after expanding two stands. Also added loads of hospitality to help fund it.
Liverpool last year had matchday revenue of £80m which is near our entire turnover. The EPL clubs can sell hospitality and corporate tickets at a price we could never get away with.

I can just imagine it if Follow Follow existed in the 70's when it was announced that Lawrence Marlborough was going to rip down 3 stands and completely rebuild them all as all seaters!

Our Board now consists of a group of very highly successful self made businessmen who all support Rangers and if they think they can increase our capacity by filling in the corners, I'd be more inclined to believe them than some random naysayers who know the square root of fuçk all on the Internet.

To be fair I think most of us are still hurting from the Murray moonbeams, but he's long gone nowadays thank God.

It'll happen gradually, we won't move out of Ibrox. Reduced capacity whilst the work is being done is the issue.

Amazing take, an awful one at that
Premium shortsightedness from folk who don't realise Rangers don't win everything just because they are Rangers.
Ironically the huge extra revenue streams on this projected plan will lead to much larger player investment down the line
I’m well aware we don’t win things just because we are Rangers (as are most).

Like it or not, your rank & file ST holders that pump thousands into the Club will not continue to do so for decades to come without seeing titles.

And to that, dragging kids along to watch dross every other week but whispering in their ear “but son, see by the time you’ve got kids of your own, this stadium of ours will attract the greatest players in the land & we will be invincible, just be patient”.

Bollocks.

It would be the same football budget regardless if infrastructure funding was there or not

Thousands of season ticket holders would potentially need to go seasons without going to games while renovations are carried out. We've seen people complain about being moved out the Copland for the singing section.

I can't see them accepting this. I know I'll get the they need to suck it up replies but be realistic

Add in the cost, I can't see this happening at all to be honest.
Erm, Hampden?

Liverpool have added 15000 seats to reach 61000 after expanding two stands. Also added loads of hospitality to help fund it.
They play city utd arsenal spurs everton etc. We play murderwell killie and the filth . Go do the numbers.

Yes we've got a well receptive governing body who will 100% help us and definitely did not try to kill us off for ulterior motives.

I'm sure they'll help.
What, exactly, are you saying SFA did to kill us off? Their punishment after the Nimmo-Smith report and judicial panel ended up being some fines added onto the outstanding debt.

Ultimately the SFA accepted the transfer of the football club membership of the SFA and continuance of our history. They were the only ones who could have put the final nail in the coffin. If the SFA truly had "tried to kill us", they would have.

None of that has anything to do with using Hampden if we reconstructed Ibrox.

Anyway, plan B = Murrayfield.

Really don’t feel the need to expand Ibrox.

However many is on the waiting list doesn’t actually mean that said number would an actually buy one.

nearly every game is freely available to get tickets out with Celtic. There’s absolutely no need to do this and it’ll massively harm us going forward thankfully I suspect it won’t happen. Few thousand fine but no more.

Really don’t feel the need to expand Ibrox.

However many is on the waiting list doesn’t actually mean that said number would an actually buy one.

nearly every game is freely available to get tickets out with Celtic. There’s absolutely no need to do this and it’ll massively harm us going forward thankfully I suspect it won’t happen. Few thousand fine but no more.
That is just not true. One or very rarely 2 tickets may be available but there are a lot of family groups who have no chance to sit together. There are 6 of us desperate to sit together but it is impossible. People now think they "own" seats in Ibrox. They don't.

I’m sure the ‘estimate’ to fill the corners was in the region of £25m-£30m. No idea where that money would come from, never mind any bigger schemes. And you can be sure any ‘estimate’ would,in reality, rise by circa 25% anyway.
If I win the Euromillions I will anonymously 100% fund the upgrade of the ground for four corporate hospitality tickets for the rest of my days. I think that's reasonable.

P.S I don't even want the Thornton, I'll take club Europe :))

To those saying we would be unable to use Hampden/it would be crippling my expensive, why do you think this would be the case while work is carried out on Ibrox?

Kindly formulate your answers without spouting the usual SFA anti-Rangers drivel which will inevitably come across as hinging on wild delusion.

The money wont come out of the existing budget. It will be raised via debentures or other external ring fenced funding.

Same as Edmiston House, it wont affect the playing budget.

Thats if it happens, but the point is people need to stop assuming the budget is a single pot. You cant spend external investment on the squad. You can spend it on infrastructure though
Everything from now on must go on the football side. Stabilise us for the years ahead. Right now we just seem to be always on edge. Good young players coming on through the club continually, something we've never got on top of.

A time when the finances at the club are the least of our problems. I'm hoping there's going to be a more even spread, especially in Europe. This super league problem needs to be dealt with. Too few are raking it in and far too many are sharing the scraps. That Real Madrid stadium is taking them onto another level again, maybe time for them and others to go the way they want to.
FF in a nutshell.

Maybe J K Rowling is a closet Bear and wants a stand named after her?

The negative comments on this thread is ridiculous, obviously the club will have a plan in place, and the comments about that lot expanding their main stand , they should be more concerned about the rest of the shit hole falling down soon ..

The club can't win regardless of what they decide when it comes to things like this tbh.

I remember we used to moan all the time that the club didn't invest in our stadium/facilities and we felt like the club were neglecting them (for one reason or another).

Agree with them or not but investing in the stadium/facilities is something the current leadership have prioritised, Between the re-organisation of Bar 72, Edmiston House, the new singing section, the new disabled section and the new cantilever on the Copland, it's fair to say that they are always trying to make improvements.

Re: the costs to move out of Ibrox for a season while work is done. Would be curious to see what Celtic paid to use hampden for 12 months in the 1990s. I bet it wasn’t a large sum.

The key to any development working would be the adding of hospitality areas that can fetch high tariff returns. For me the ideal solution is replace the three stands with a modern arena that has all the works of modern stadia. But that’s the ££££ solution. Adding a club deck to the govan would be the obvious ‘quick fix’ solution.

Any extra additional seats is most welcome. Although I don't care what the beasts have. No point trying to compete against them.

Doing that on the pitch is all that matters to me.

Imo the most viable stands to upgrade are the Copland and broomloan . Plenty of space behind them todo something .

However I saw this online and it’s probably my favourite mock up of Ibrox

I was thinking getting shot of the glass staircase would be a mistake as it looks brilliant in my mind but that monster would be beyond epic!

Back