Club looking to increase Ibrox capacity to 60,000 by 2030?

It wasn’t a sellout last Sunday against Kilmarnock and the current capacity is shy of 51,000.
Do you think that we could have 52, 53k and upwards for games like these?

I honestly think 60k is too much, we don't sell out any game except the OF and euro (even not all euro games)

Getting to 55k would be about right
We would sell more season tickets

Half the time it’s tickets going back to resell.

Would also give families or more opportunities to sit people together.

We need to build the Capacity. If they can sell out their place, there is no reason we would not situe same. 55k season tickets should be a possibility. We are the biggest supported club, we should have a stadium that reflects this.

Do we have the demand for hospitality that Premiership clubs have? Not a dig at your comment.
They will add more

With lower tiers

Ie back of two end stands could likely add more same with corners things similar to bar 72

When Bisgrove came in we were around 1800-2500 i think we are around 3-3.5k now

If you have cheaper hospitality with snacks and paid bar around 100 quid

We would sell more season tickets

Half the time it’s tickets going back to resell.

Would also give families or more opportunities to sit people together.
Increasing tickets if priced properly would sell out most games

The reselling is a point though at moment we have a load who basically buy and come to 2/3 our just big games and seat sub test of time

The club will have numbers that show how many do it on a regular

It wasn’t a sellout last Sunday against Kilmarnock and the current capacity is shy of 51,000.
Do you think that we could have 52, 53k and upwards for games like these?
We're generally playing to 49,000+, the Killie match was played last Sunday which can be difficult for some fans, plus the match was televised live on Sky.
I believe there is a clear demand for season tickets, perhaps not the 20,000 waiting as has been suggested but enough to increase annual sales to around 55,000. We probably wouldn't sell out an increased 60,000 capacity every match, however I think we'd likely average around 57,000 if the team is doing reasonably well.
Add the prospect of near sell-outs for 3 guaranteed European matches (or is it 4 from next season) and I think the cost of increasing the capacity to 60,000 would be justified.
Let's hope our Board can raise the finance to make this become a reality.

It should have happened years ago. If it means playing at Hampden for a year or so, then that is what we will have to do.

As stated in the post I quoted, investing in infrastructure doesn't have the same restraints as investing in players.
And whether the football side is winning or not, the infrastructure still requires maintenance and improvement.

And further, if supporters won't hang around because we might not win the league then off they should f**k, because glory hunters aren't required.
We don't have a great deal of cash though, so rather than worrying about a ground that is good enough to play in this country, the football operation needs sorted.

Agree with your last paragraph. I remember fine well watching us struggle in the early 80's, then all of a sudden I was struggling for tickets. Luckily guys I knew who had good contacts for getting tickets seen me sorted, because they knew I was always following us. The league Cup final when we done them 2-1 was a good example. I was struggling after waiting at Ibrox for hours, for it to be sold out.

70,000 minimum should be the aim.

Take back the financial advantage in the much longer term. I don't care if 2-3 home games per season aren't 100% sold out. Imagine nights like Leipzig but with 20,000 more bears. We want to be at the big table of European or Global club football in future, we need to have the infrastructure for it.

Demolish and rebuild the 3 other stands from scratch, make the facilities fit for the 21st century including standing and properly segregated sections.

Can be paid for initially by future ST sales on the 20,000 extra seats (Ticketus or similar venture capitalists).
Correct
Do you think Barca sell out all their games
Regularly 20-30000 below capacity for run of the mill league games

Stadium capacity should be what big games can fill

70,000 on big euro nights, games against them. league title games against the Sheep, Hibs etc

Mortgage the improvements. 20,000 extra seats will easily generate £10 million a year.
£4 million goes to paying the mortgage rebuild
The rest to the club

One final caveat is it will attract better players
Imagine the opportunity to play in front of 65-70,000 at Ibrox

Anyone who doesn’t want to see our stadium capacity increased is miles out imo

We having a waiting list ( and we can argue how many it actually is ) that would buy tickets right now

And who cares if we don’t sellout 60 thousand for some games or even the majority of league games
It’s about having the capacity when the he big games come around

Back