Club shoot down latest Daily Record rehash of twitter runours

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion that they’ve “played a blinder”

If it’s gio then the board and Wilson have recruited a guy who was already available and was already willing to come. Hardly a tough sell is it?

Even still, I think you’re getting a bit ahead of yourself. Only time (results) will tell if this is going to be a blinder.
If Gio comes along and gives us the boost needed to win the league most importantly then this is absolutely a blinder from the club

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion that they’ve “played a blinder”

If it’s gio then the board and Wilson have recruited a guy who was already available and was already willing to come. Hardly a tough sell is it?

Even still, I think you’re getting a bit ahead of yourself. Only time (results) will tell if this is going to be a blinder.
When I said played a blinder I meant in terms of how they have handled the media and dropped info out throughout the week. The way they are shutting down smsm at every opportunity, well I for one have enjoyed it.

It’s looking highly likely that they will have a new manager in place, of a higher quality and better record than the one that’s just left within a week.

Good to be linked with candidates like Knutsen and Lampard I suppose. Not sure how these lies are bad for us unless they are painting Gio as the lesser target. %^*& knows and who the %^*& cares.

I would take Knutsen in a heartbeat FWIW. Frank, not so much.

Knew it, there’s something out of left field that no one considered.
The board have previous for left field appointments - one a roaring success (despite how it ended), one an unfettered disaster…

I think everything points to Gio but I’d also not be surprised if we were all surprised, if you know what I mean.

The board have previous for left field appointments - one a roaring success (despite how it ended), one an unfettered disaster…

I think everything points to Gio but I’d also not be surprised if we were all surprised, if you know what I mean.
This is the thing, when has anything at Rangers been this straightforward?

Surely a twist is coming?

We talking Koeman or John Terry here?

If there are a couple of other names being spoken to, then surely someone out there knows. If everyone and their granny knew about Gio being spoke to, surely someone out there knows who the others are.

Let’s have some positive speculation rather than negative pish.

John Terry has publicly said many times his allegiance lies with the fucking Paedos!

I wish people would stop associating our club with this utter scumbag of a ‘man’

John Terry has publicly said many times his allegiance lies with the fucking Paedos!

I wish people would stop associating our club with this utter scumbag of a ‘man’
I’m aware of the rat bastard, but his name has cropped up a few times in relation to the job. If The club have said Lampard isn’t in the running, perhaps it would have been this cuntwallet. Hopefully not of course.

It’s merely a name, in amongst a load of others who are being mentioned or linked with the job. Not a preference of mines.

It’s surely GVB to lose.
The fact we’ve said so and isn’t on the list must mean it’s GVB.
Just a shame I don’t have car on Monday to get over to Ibrox to welcome him home!
:))B-):shh:

My initial preference was for Lampard, mainly given the large English contingent in our squad. I thought he would have gotten them onboard quite quickly, which is my only doubt of GVB. But am more than happy if GVB is the one appointed, he ticks a lot of boxes and am excited as to what he could do with the team. This squad, as it is, is good enough to win the league, and we just need a few wee tweaks and a bit of impetus to get us consistently going again.

I wouldnt either if it was a close season appointment, but middle of the season we need somebody who knows the club. knows the league and can keep things on an even keel for 56.
agree, time's no on our side unfortunately, which is not ideal when the right decision is so important for the club

I just got whispered into my ear, gio isn’t happening because of winter transfer budget.

Champions-League-Shakhtar-Donetsk-vs-Feyenoord.jpg

This will extend into at least early next week, with a decision probably Tuesday/Wednesday.

Gio is not the only serious candidate being interviewed.

He's just the one who has decided to make his interview high profile.

Smart, given our affinity for him. Gives him an edge.

No it won’t, yes he is!

I’ll still be delighted also.

But I don’t believe the club had a genuine short list.
For the sake of conversation, since you’re so convinced, what do you think we’d have done if Gio wasn’t interested?

Do you actually think we’ve put the footballing infrastructure that we have in place not to have different options for the manager’s job?

I don't think I will ever understand the clamour for Frank f.ucking Lampard to be our manager.
Why the guys a football legend with experience of managing one of England’s top 4 he’s young and hungry to prove himself a top manager I take it by you were gutted when Gerrard was announced

Like everybody else I think Gio is a very big favourite for the job, the board will have at least two other candidates though, just in case.
I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of the other candidates is someone with a different profile to Gio, UK based with a lot of managerial experience but who uses similar methodology and attention to detail as SG and his team. Someone like Sam Allardyce maybe ?

Quite a lot of people certain that’s it’s Gio on here.
Until he is announced, if he is, it’s speculation.
Personally I hope the board interview their preferred candidates and make a informed choice be it Gio or someone who hasn’t been so happy to throw their hat in the ring.
My problem with all these folk who are certain, is will they give another candidate time if appointed or be on their back within days because they didn’t get who they wanted.

Back