Club1872 to fund UB tifo!?

Canada Bear

Poll: Ibrox Tifo Project
Dear Contributor,
Club 1872 is delighted to present our latest project to Contributors for their consideration. The project is to help fund stadium Tifos by the Union Bears which will begin with our first home game of this season’s Champions League versus Napoli at Ibrox on the 13th September.
The Union Bears have created a number of spectacular stadium displays in the past which are funded and supported by Rangers supporters and merchandise sales by the group. The Club 1872 Board believes that it would be beneficial to the Rangers community to support this work, particularly given the historic nature of our return to the Champions League this season. This is the first time in 12 years that we have featured in the group stages of the Champions League and comes in the club's 150th anniversary year.
We propose to contributors that we support the Union Bears in creating more memorable nights at Ibrox. These Tifos have become an undeniable part of the rich history of the club and created a visual spectacle to compliment the incredible atmosphere generated by our supporters on memorable European nights.
The Tifo will cost between £5,000-£10,000 and we propose Club 1872 donate £7,500 from available project funds. Any excess could be used to help part fund future displays.
The poll will close on Sunday 4th September at midnight.
Contributors can vote by logging into their Club 1872 account on the website and following the link to vote. Alternatively you can follow the Surveys link in the My Account area of the site.
Club 1872

I love the idea and hope contributors vote in favour.

Can't help but feel it smacks of trying to curry some favour given how discredited they've become (Club1872 that is, not UB. Obvs:) ).

I'm assuming they've discussed this with UB in advance? If not, it could be more embarrassment for them.

A couple years back C1872 asked members whether they wanted a portion of funds to go towards projects or to focus solely on buying shares - from memory they voted in favour of a portion of funds going towards projects.

Don't really see the problem here, although i'm no longer a member of C1872, or a member of the UBs.

strange and just points to C1872 doing whatever they can to get people onside surprised the UB are aligned with them

judging by the email
UB will be asked to accept the donation if members agree
Surely c1872 wouldn't just do this without discussion involving the UB, I mean even for them that would be daft and they seem to have a good idea on costs involved surely being the organisation they are and with governance required they need to have a structure to even setup the poll

It sounds like an attempt by club1872 to curry favour with a somewhat hardcore element of the Rangers support.
Maybe a plan is slowly getting hatched?

That's weird.

This honestly just sounds like Club1872 wants to be involved in such things now that we are back to the biggest stage or gain favour.

Nice gesture and all, but just seems out of character.

Broomloan Collective and the UB, BRS, FK10 etc all the stalls they have, it feels like they can pull off all the TIFO without assistance..

Bit concerning too that if it is voted, the UB *has to* agree.

That's weird.

This honestly just sounds like Club1872 wants to be involved in such things now that we are back to the biggest stage or gain favour.

Nice gesture and all, but just seems out of character.

Broomloan Collective and the UB, BRS, FK10 etc all the stalls they have, it feels like they can pull off all the TIFO without assistance..

Bit concerning too that if it is voted, the UB *has to* agree.
I’m assuming they had the sense to at least have a chat with the UB first.

If they haven’t and the UB say, no thanks, what an absolute embarrassment that would be.

They must have spoken to them. Shirley

Poll: Ibrox Tifo Project
Dear Contributor,
Club 1872 is delighted to present our latest project to Contributors for their consideration. The project is to help fund stadium Tifos by the Union Bears which will begin with our first home game of this season’s Champions League versus Napoli at Ibrox on the 13th September.
The Union Bears have created a number of spectacular stadium displays in the past which are funded and supported by Rangers supporters and merchandise sales by the group. The Club 1872 Board believes that it would be beneficial to the Rangers community to support this work, particularly given the historic nature of our return to the Champions League this season. This is the first time in 12 years that we have featured in the group stages of the Champions League and comes in the club's 150th anniversary year.
We propose to contributors that we support the Union Bears in creating more memorable nights at Ibrox. These Tifos have become an undeniable part of the rich history of the club and created a visual spectacle to compliment the incredible atmosphere generated by our supporters on memorable European nights.
The Tifo will cost between £5,000-£10,000 and we propose Club 1872 donate £7,500 from available project funds. Any excess could be used to help part fund future displays.
The poll will close on Sunday 4th September at midnight.
Contributors can vote by logging into their Club 1872 account on the website and following the link to vote. Alternatively you can follow the Surveys link in the My Account area of the site.
Club 1872
Ideally they will be pushing for a more prominent position in the stadium and perhaps a standing section.

I hope not and would doubt it they would let themselves be used, but taking donations from groups aligned to previous directors that are in need of good PR would be a strange route to go down.
Maybe give them the benefit of the doubt before deciding what they have done and why they have done it of the back of a statement by a completely separate entity.

Maybe give them the benefit of the doubt before deciding what they have done and why they have done it of the back of a statement by a completely separate entity.
Not having a go at UB mate far far from it. I know the work, time and effort they put it. You've taken that wrong.

Not a member of C1872 but if I was I’d be voting no

I’d encourage everyone to donate what they can directly to UB. C1872 funds should be getting used on displays

I think we all need to calm the talk of collusions and groups being bought and focus on what is best for Rangers and what will give us all the best experience we can possibly get at Ibrox.

Whether a normal fan, or C1872 or UB, we all want Rangers to win, we all want Ibrox to be bouncing and replicate or even better the atmosphere from the great nights of last season.

I hope C1872 contributors and the UB all agree to this.

Where are the organisations charged with protecting the fan base on the most important matters like Ticket Pricing and Media attacks ?
Still happy that someone helps out UB it’s a good group imo

Where are the organisations charged with protecting the fan base on the most important matters like Ticket Pricing and Media attacks ?
Still happy that someone helps out UB it’s a good group imo
This is my issue with them. If they were backing up fans on a regular basis then fair enough, but I think they are quite transparent in using this as a PR move.

I can understand people's suspicions re this.

UBs displays have been great before and will be going forward.

I'm sure the club were involved in some displays back in the day too.

I have my settings on my contribution going solely to the purchase of shares rather than projects but this is one I’ve voted in favour for.

Generally the Union bears are class so no problem whatsoever with giving them a helping hand.

Maybe I'm wrong but was the aim of C1872 contributions not to direct every penny towards shares?

I think it's a great idea nonetheless, £10K should fund a pretty amazing TIFO.

Depends on whether it includes any dig at the board from 1872.

They’re trying to get Dave King’s shares anymore then?!

Maybe they should have some imagination and something themselves to commentate being back in the CL.

Maybe it’s a very good idea, and it’ll be spectacular, and one to remember. Can’t see UB agreeing to promote them by having C1872 tifo.

Back