Club1872 to fund UB tifo!?

I know the tifos are impressive, but cannot feel a little disenchanted that the project money isn't getting used to support disabled, less well off bears or such like.
I appreciate most folk will vote for it but it's not what I envisaged the project money was for when I was on the c1872 board.
Just an opinion.

It's supporters own money, nothing to do with the board, if the supporters contributing to club 1872 vote to spend their money on this project why would the UB turn it down?
I know the very mention of club 1872 gets people on here raging, but if the contributing supporters want to show their support to the UB and to the team on the park is that really a bad thing?

Not a fan of this personally. I no longer contribute so won’t be able to vote but C1872 money should be spent on shares, community projects and other projects that fulfil the goal of fan ownership.

What does giving the UB some money for banners achieve? A better atmosphere for the 5 minutes the banners are out. After that, the prawn sandwich brigade aren’t going to join in the singing, the UB will still sing and the stadium will still be packed.

A small price to pay for the effort the UB lads and lassie’s put in
A few bob from club 1872 will give them some breathing space money well spent and a great gesture

Weird proposal.

The UB’s do a brilliant job raising the funds for and organising displays, not sure why C1872 feel the need to get involved here.

I voted for it so if approved UB posters can thank me since I might be the only c1872 contributor left on here ;)
No, I still contribute

Amusing reading some of the posts on this thread.
Supporters group trying to do something good to mark champs league group stages back at Ibrox and still folk ain’t happy!

& This is not the first project, outwith purchasing shares that club1872 have put to a vote for the members to vote on to back.

So I base this on nothing other than an educated guess but how does this sound for a plan from C1872:

- C1872 offer UB donations for a TIFO

- UB take it and do the TIFO. It is pretty widely known that it is C1872 funds that financed it

- That gains C1872 good press and gets them in front of peoples minds again

- UB backs C1872 with some form of change/election etc

- C1872 in turn backs UB with safe standing and takes it to the board to get it back on the agenda

Could be waaaay off the mark here but that could very well be the train of thought by C1872 in this suggestion

So I base this on nothing other than an educated guess but how does this sound for a plan from C1872:

- C1872 offer UB donations for a TIFO

- UB take it and do the TIFO. It is pretty widely known that it is C1872 funds that financed it

- That gains C1872 good press and gets them in front of peoples minds again

- UB backs C1872 with some form of change/election etc

- C1872 in turn backs UB with safe standing and takes it to the board to get it back on the agenda

Could be waaaay off the mark here but that could very well be the train of thought by C1872 in this suggestion
Yeah definitely not

Back