Clyde 1 tonight, Marvin Barkley very vocal and methodical about the league continuing.

Like Burrows?
I don’t know him personally but understand he’s also a Motherwell supporter and has been all his days. His obsession is turning Motherwell into a community centred club as opposed to helping Celtic in anyway. Not the biggest fan of his but not everyone who holds a different opinion to us has to be some sort of sympathiser or engaged in a conspiracy.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter which way Livi voted, Bartley can think for himself. He's an articulate and thoughtful chap. Lots of individual club players may have disagreed with their club over this, or the way they treated Rangers, or plenty of other things.

Its too obvious to play on. Theres 7 days left from boxing day. There is no chance crowds will be back after 3 weeks, so the economic argument is moot. The peak is end of Jan/start of Feb. Crowds wont be back until March. All we are doing is creating a fixture backlog if we delay, particularly given the Scottish weather will claim multiple fixtures at the end of Jan/Feb

Get games played while we are able. Anything else is asinine
They are creating a fixture backlog

Don’t listen to Clyde Bears, not any Clyde stations or programs.

It is the radio media outlet for Celtic.

Placemen all through the station and considerably more coverage offered to that puddle drinking lot.

Take away the phone in which is run by Tim’s for Tim’s.

Simple things like the news coverage when it gets to the sport section, it is chat about Celtic and a quick interview.

For us they read the score out and move immediately on, that’s on Clyde 2 as well.

I personally have completely switched off from all Clyde.

RC is for RC’s

Last edited:
Caller comes on and asks worst case scenario cases get worse etc what’s the plan?

Duncan straight in with - Worst case scenario we get the games played

But aye not the now, bring the winter break forward :D

Embarrassing.
Gordon Duncan sings from whatever hymn sheet his employers put in front of him. He's a sleekit one. Heard him the other night trying to belittle a bear. He trys ever so hard to make out he's impartial or playing devil's advocate but it's so transparent.

Gordon Duncan is 100% a pro Bheast fan and his mask has slipped from the guy when he was first appointed and was trying to be impartial but not now

Marvin Bartley is a good guy and speaks a lot of sense

Interesting last night.

Normally Hannah & Dalziel on a Tuesday, and yet before I turned it off I’m sure I heard Keevins & Wilson drafted in ? When was the last time they had 4 guys on a Tuesday & why were the extras both Tim’s ?

RC : Corrupt.

Its too obvious to play on. Theres 7 days left from boxing day. There is no chance crowds will be back after 3 weeks, so the economic argument is moot. The peak is end of Jan/start of Feb. Crowds wont be back until March. All we are doing is creating a fixture backlog if we delay, particularly given the Scottish weather will claim multiple fixtures at the end of Jan/Feb

Get games played while we are able. Anything else is asinine
Totally agree.

The cynic in me thinks that there is an attempt to engineer a fixture backlog that cant be resolved.

Although the Motherwell Chairman said that BCD would need to be done if restrictions arent lifted in Jan. You just know that the filth will want the Jan 2 game kicked down the road again until they can get 60k of their hordes into their pit by hook or crook. And if not start calling to N&V the season if the game hasnt been played by March.

Doesn't matter which way Livi voted, Bartley can think for himself. He's an articulate and thoughtful chap. Lots of individual club players may have disagreed with their club over this, or the way they treated Rangers, or plenty of other things.
Agreed, surely players will just want to play football.
The celtic players will surely want to play us so they're not exactly getting a confidence boost from their own board who obviously don't trust them to beat us.

This will probably be Marvins last show due to talking sense and not towing the party line. Respect to the big man for speaking his mind. These kind of shows need more like him instead of the dregs they normally have on.
Except when he referred to the old firm as the Glasgow derby.

Gordon Duncan is 100% a pro Bheast fan and his mask has slipped from the guy when he was first appointed and was trying to be impartial but not now

Marvin Bartley is a good guy and speaks a lot of sense
Its a prerequisite in that radio station

That Duncan tampon puts you in mind of one of those wee snivelling office bastards that tattles to a manager. Wee brown nose, he's a cocky little arse piece.

As above, very refreshing a player who is well spoken and educated (culture shock for Clyde) he is very clear that the league should continue as no guarantees for future with sporting integrity central to some of his points.
This guy is very switched on.
He brings a lot of intelligent insight to the Scottish game and does the journalism/pundit bit much better than most who are full-time.
He also seems unburdened by the usual baggage in Scotland.

I like they guy. I think he may be pals with a few of our players, perhaps as a result of the racist stuff. Regardless, he is head and shoulders above the local parochial dross.

This Duncan guy strikes me as a man towing the party line because he knows that's what will get him the gigs

Don't think he particularly likes that mob but he knows appeasing their hordes is what they want & he's happy to do so

Back