Clyde Superscoreboard - Just When Will The Club Act?

TavsRightFoot

I know that this might be frowned upon, many poster may indeed respond to say it doesn't matter or we should just ignore the output. However, the show has an outreach for the Monday to Friday show of a high of over 250,000 people.

Last night we heard a caller phone in straight after the Celtic game had finished, to talk about 'Rangers £8M loss'. The call caught the panel off guard as the caller had obviously intimated he was on to talk about a different topic.

Now, the show have the ability with a 15 second delay to can that call, but chose not to. They also have the opportunity to call the caller out immediately, yet they did not. Nuremberg Hugh had this to say... (This is accurate to a word).

NH - 'The reason why Morelos will not be sold, is because Rangers will take any financial risk in order to win the league title. and they are, as there latest financial figures have shown, heavily in debt but they're taking this risk that its a once in a lifetime.

Alex Rae Steps in, AR - 'The club are not in debt'.

NH - 'Well I think the figures would contradict that'.

AR- 'The loans that they're getting have been turned into shares so as it currently stands just now, there is no debt

NH - 'Well, eh, am, eh, I am no financial expert, but these shares are worthless I think, and they are £11M down and apparently need £10M to get from now until the end of the season. But, they will forget about that, and they will refuse any money for Morelos so long as they win the league.

Gordon Duncan does his usual deflect and sit on fence tactic rather than call it out for what it is.

With a listener group North of quarter of a million, when will this publicly be called out?

No editor would allow a comment like Hugh's to go to press for fear of being called out on the inaccuracies by the Rangers Team.

This failure to go after anyone in the media, has led us to a stage where it is open season and you can say as you please without any fear of retribution. It absolutely has to stop as it is damaging the club and the brand.

He problem is that the entire media is overrun with crash barriers.

We’d be going after everyone, which would walk us into a shit storm of negativity across the entire mhedia.

The solution is all of us encouraging our children to go into the media, politics and law. It’s the only way this will be turned round, doing exactly what the tiny minority mentally challengeds did from the mid 1980’s.

The club should always be standing by to correct factual inaccuracies spouted by members of the media, especially in relation to finances.
Such inaccuracies potentially have a damaging effect on the brand and can potentially impact investor confidence if untrue myths are allowed to be perpetuated without being questioned or corrected.

We’d be going after everyone, which would walk us into a shit storm of negativity across the entire mhedia.

The solution is all of us encouraging our children to go into the media, politics and law. It’s the only way this will be turned round, doing exactly what the tiny minority mentally challengeds did from the mid 1980’s.
The shit storm of negativity already exists.

The shit storm of negativity already exists.

Because the mhedia is overrun with that lot.

It’s a long way back from here. We’ve sleep-walked into that lot holding key positions all over the country.

All of us need to think very carefully about who we vote into office. Politics is where we can make the biggest difference, most quickly. I’m never voting for anyone with anti Protestant, anti union and anti Rangers views.

How do tramps like Susan Aitken and James Dornan get into office except by being propped up by the majority population also voting for their parties.

Alex Rae should have asked Shue if Celtic were near being in debt or would be if the cooperative asked for their 30 mill loan back.

What do you want or would like the club to do?

Id like there to be a fair amount of lobbying in the background so that shite like that doesn't make the mainstream. That was presented as fact yesterday when it is anything but. Doing that constantly without being called out has a detrimental effect on the club and brand.

Double like

The club should always be standing by to correct factual inaccuracies spouted by members of the media, especially in relation to finances.
Such inaccuracies potentially have a damaging effect on the brand and can potentially impact investor confidence if untrue myths are allowed to be perpetuated without being questioned or corrected.
I think that if someone was going to invest in Rangers, they would do due diligence instead of listening to radio Clyde super scoreboard

I'm firmly of the opinion that we only need to choose one.
Absolutely destroy one of these lying maggots financially and make him unemployable.
If we know one thing that every mentally challenged has in common, is that they're absolute shitebags.
They're fine now being able to hunt in a pack, ruin one and see how quickly the rest back off.

Id like there to be a fair amount of lobbying in the background so that shite like that doesn't make the mainstream. That was presented as fact yesterday when it is anything but. Doing that constantly without being called out has a detrimental effect on the club and brand.
I think some lobbying in the background might be helpful, so fair point imho. The problem with these type of radio shows is that they want to be controversial and noise up fans as it raises the show’s profile. The fact we are discussing the programme on here kind of makes that point. The only real way to cause them problems is a full boycott by Rangers fans, then and only then would the show’s paymasters - the advertisers- take notice.

The directors obviously believe we have more chance of winning the league with Alfie in our squad, they may be punting more money in but it will be worth every penny if we win the league and gain the CL money that goes with it. Get it done and we can sell Alfie and get that CL money.

Clyde1 is a business. They rely on controversial comments on that show as it generates more calls from outraged supporters (on both sides).

Stop feeding it!

Although every time there is a mentally challenged melt down we have umpteen threads on here with everyone suddenly encouraged to tune in. They must love that.

I think some lobbying in the background might be helpful, so fair point imho. The problem with these type of radio shows is that they want to be controversial and noise up fans as it raises the show’s profile. The fact we are discussing the programme on here kind of makes that point. The only real way to cause them problems is a full boycott by Rangers fans, then and only then would the show’s paymasters - the advertisers- take notice.

There are thousands of non Rangers fans listening so even a total boycott by us wont work. In the meantime they continue to attack and demonise us at every opportunity. Its sickening.

The mentally challengeds are panicking, we are so close to ending their monopoly on Scottish football that the fear is ripping out each and every single one of them.
They do not care for any positive stories, comments or actions coming out of Rangers at all as the status quo from across the board, government to media is, Rangers bad.

Mental illness is rife among the hordes when they use the medias unfounded fake news stories to fuel their confirmation bias towards us and point score across nearly every media platform UK wide, their inability to critically think and investigate the credence of anything the government or media feed them subconsciously relates back into their upbringing in the cult and the fairy-tales pumped in to them daily at the Academies for little bigots.

Sit back and watch the show they are on a knifes edge here, Mr Gerrard`s hunger for success is starting to bear fruit and filter into his troops, they are responding and putting in the graft to ensure success.
When the silverware inevitably arrives their plummet from the top is going to be spectacular!

Think of the frenzy Hugh would have whipped up with that statement. Rangers are gambling everything in the title and they don’t care etc.... the calls afterwords must have been brilliant! We’d have heard financial doping, cheating etc.... would have brought all the nutters out! Everyone knows Hugh’s opinion is bollocks, but he’s doing his job well!

The club won't act and neither should they.

Ultimately it's just Keevins dribbling down his chin as per with some vaguely sensationalist half-baked guff even he probably knows has no veracity.

As Rae points out the club aren't in debt as King and the other shareholders have already committed to the funds required for the rest of the season.

There isn't anything else to add really.

MSM in Scotland are generally scum. They are a business first and foremost and need to drive listeners and viewers to their advertisers, through making statements that get a reaction, either good or bad. Telling the truth, being honourable, or indeed respectful, are all traits that will bankrupt the MSM entity.

Get your Rangers fix on FF, Rangers Radio, Heart and Hand or through the official club channels. Clyde, BBC Scotland are not our friends

I’m in the camp of “ who cares , let them say what they want “ they aren’t financial experts and a lot of them are obviously started to worry that we are the real deal this season.

Do you make a habit of listening to Celtic podcasts or reading moonhowler blogs?

This garbage should be treated with exactly the same weight. I wouldn’t listen to any of their other in-house media for their thoughts on Rangers so this shouldn’t be any different.

If it’s just the case that no one likes us then yes I agree we shouldn’t care but it isn’t. We as a club, support and as a brand are “attacked” almost daily without it seems recourse or retribution and so they carry on doing it. As things stand then yes I do care, very much.

I too care. Those words are just a line from a football chant. It hurts when we get attacked and we dont deserve it.

Do you make a habit of listening to Celtic podcasts or reading moonhowler blogs?

This garbage should be treated with exactly the same weight. I wouldn’t listen to any of their other in-house media for their thoughts on Rangers so this shouldn’t be any different.

Its different because it affects public opinion and turns people against us. Switching off doesnt stop the propaganda.

I honestly do not expect the Club to act against shite spouted on a radio station phone-in. Or comments on the Record Hotline page, for example. We'd look stupid.

Different kettle of fish when it comes to the likes of Waddell or English (who seems to have gone quiet recently) penning a 'serious' article or suchlike.

Reactions: GF7
And the chance to influence 250,000 listeners making our club hated throughout the country.
Buddy, I reckon most of the 250000 already hate us , I can’t see folk, though I could stand corrected, just tuning in on the off chance and finding the show entertaining, imo, it’s mostly non Rangers fans that tune in and they don’t need influenced. Not a dig about your post btw, just what I think .

I used to be a regular listener , I don't listen to the show very often now and I find my time filled with less unpleasant thoughts about the whole mentally challenged infested media in Scotland. The show provides a platform for idiots,

I honestly do not expect the Club to act against shite spouted on a radio station phone-in. Or comments on the Record Hotline page, for example. We'd look stupid.

Different kettle of fish when it comes to the likes of Waddell or English (who seems to have gone quiet recently) penning a 'serious' article or suchlike.
This wasn't a caller though mate, it was Clyde's employee openly lying about debt and stating Rangers are in financial trouble.

Gordon Duncan does his usual deflect and sit on fence tactic rather than call it out for what it is
thank you ive felt like i was the only one on here who could see he was far from balanced but everyone else on here thinks hes great hes even let some tim go on a ten minute rant unchallenged about how we're a new club with debt and full of bigots
maybe now some on here will start to realise hes just as bad as all that went before him

Last edited:
This wasn't a caller though mate, it was Clyde's employee openly lying about debt and stating Rangers are in financial trouble.

Nevertheless, it was a chat show/phone in where folk are invited to discuss, offer opinion, hypothesise etc. I doubt we'd get anywhere and I don't get agitated about it.

Talking of financial results, our Annual Report shows that legal costs INCREASED by £3.6m last year. Can you imagine the costs we'd be incurring 'going after' everything that folk on here want us to go 'legal on? I'm all for 'selective' action if someone goes to print and libels us but a phone-in show? Not for me.

Hugh Keevins that threatened to quit SSB if the subject of child abuse in Scottish Football was broached on the show? Why would anyone in his position for all these years keep quiet about the facilitators, enablers and predators that have haunted the game for nigh on 50 years?
Be interesting to know who in the media knew about the abuse allegations and chose to ignore them, at best. Might be a few journalists from that era who would prefer the story to remain buried.

Back