Co-efficient

gersrus71

What’s the deal with the co-efficient now?
I knew if that lot won we were up to about 13th and guaranteed 2 teams in the champs league 21/22.
Is that fucked now they blew it or are we still sitting in 14th?

We really need olympiakos and basel to get out out this round. If we get through we can get as many as 5 more points.

What’s the deal with the co-efficient now?
I knew if that lot won we were up to about 13th and guaranteed 2 teams in the champs league 21/22.
Is that fucked now they blew it or are we still sitting in 14th?

14th is sufficient for two CL places.

The only way we can miss out on this is if Basle get to the final, or Basle and Olympiakos both reach the semi finals. Not going to happen.

Denmark (Copenhagen) sitting just above Scotland the now, Greece (Olympiacos) 1.775pts behind, Switzerland (Basel) 2.675pts behind....

4 wins for OLY in next 2 rounds will net them 2pts putting OLY 0.225pts ahead of Scotland, same goes for BAS leaving BAS 0.675 short of Scotlands points - BAS would need a draw in one of the semi ties to pass Scotland....

but do we really see both Olympiacos and Basel winning home and away in this round of 16?, never mind the quarter finals if they get there....

I'll stick my head head out the trenches and say Scotland will have 2 Champions League spots for season 21/22

Denmark (Copenhagen) sitting just above Scotland the now, Greece (Olympiacos) 1.775pts behind, Switzerland (Basel) 2.675pts behind....

4 wins for OLY in next 2 rounds will net them 2pts putting OLY 0.225pts ahead of Scotland, same goes for BAS leaving BAS 0.675 short of Scotlands points - BAS would need a draw in one of the semi ties to pass Scotland....

but do we really see both Olympiacos and Basel winning home and away in this round of 16?, never mind the quarter finals if they get there....

I'll stick my head head out the trenches and say Scotland will have 2 Champions League spots for season 21/22
Both Oly and Basel get 0.4 points for a win and 0.2 for a draw. They would also get an additional 0.2 for each round negotiated.

We get 0.5 and 0.25 pts in the same circumstances.

Basel need to get to the final winning 5 and drawing 1.

Aint happening.

I know the Yahoos have played their (small) part, but it is absolutely phenomenal that our efforts over the past two seasons have put the country in a position where it has two CL places for the first time in a decade.

After everything we’ve been through, that is truly outstanding.

If we can some how see off Leverkusen it wouldn't matter what happens elsewhere.

If we can't, then it would require the following:

Switzerland require 2.7 points, this would need Basel to reach the Europa League final.
Greece require 1.8 points, this would need Olympiakos to reach the semi-final stage.

I expect both will go out at this stage to Frankfurt & Wolves respectively.

The more important co-efficient for us to think of is our own. As things stand we have a co-efficient for next season of 16.250, a win nets us a further 2.0 points, with a draw earning 1.0

Last seasons bottom seeded side in the play-off round of the Europa League was Wolves with 17.092 and the 2nd bottom was Partizan Belgrade with 18.000. If we can manage a win over Leverkusen at Ibrox, this would see us climb to 18.250 and that should hopefully be enough to ensure we are seeded for all the qualifiers, if we don't manage to claw back the points to win the league.

Where are those tables that show each country’s performance this year plus the highest contributiNg club in brackets?

Where are those tables that show each country’s performance this year plus the highest contributiNg club in brackets?

It's not quite up to date as it was released on Wednesday rather than done last night after the Europa League Thusday games.

However in terms of Scotland we're the side who have been the highest performers in Scotland, with 46.15% of the points.

It's not quite up to date as it was released on Wednesday rather than done today after the Europa League thusday games.

However in terms of Scotland we're the side who have been the highest performers in Scotland, with 46.15% of the points.
Didn't like seeing it when it was them.

I know the Yahoos have played their (small) part, but it is absolutely phenomenal that our efforts over the past two seasons have put the country in a position where it has two CL places for the first time in a decade.

THIS.

I asked last week to get the position country coefficient we have right now on 1 team and the answer way semi-final one season and quarter-final the other

So both of us have ensured that already there is no denying that

Try below mate, that guy knows everything about this stuff

Nice one

The Tim’s should be thanking us
Thanks to our exploits they will still get a crack at the champs league in season 21/22 as runners up in the league

Damn right they should be thanking us. All of Scottish football should be. You'll hear absolutely none of it though.

If we can win one more match by my reckoning we will be very close to being seeded in all Europa league qualifiers including the playoff.

Assuming we don’t pull off a miracle and get in the CL

Back