Co-efficient

2nd place would be a CL spot if we were top 12.
Ignoring any title holder changes it is top 6 needed for 2nd place to get CL group stage. 7th to 15th the 2nd place team enter the qualifiers.
From rank 7th to 12th the cup winner (or 3rd place) is guaranteed group stage football as they start in the EL play off round and if they lose drop into the ECL groups. Because the ECL title holder spot will not be used next year 13th place CW are guaranteed group stage next season. So whoever wins this seasons Scottish Cup (or league third if us or them win cup) gets into a group. Whoever finishes second could in theory miss out on group stage anywhere by losing CL qualifier, drop into EL qualifier lose, drop into ECL play off round and lose.

We are currently on 16.250 in 94th position.

Our points are taken from the previous 5 seasons (0 for the first 2 years as we didn't compete):

17/18 - 0.250
18/19 - 5.00
19/20 - 11.00

If we have a similar points tally this season it will take our points total to circa 35. This would put us up between 30th and 40th positions. Easier routes into tournaments can only be a positive thing.
I'm confused as it is with the coef points and how they work.
How do you come to 35 if we have a similar points tally? We would need 19 points this season to reach 35, am I missing something in plain sight and destined to remain confused forever more?

I'm confused as it is with the coef points and how they work.
How do you come to 35 if we have a similar points tally? We would need 19 points this season to reach 35, am I missing something in plain sight and destined to remain confused forever more?

You are correct, it should be between positions 40 and 50.

My understanding of coefficents is...

The country coefficients determine what teams go in to what competition and at what stage.

The club coefficients determine seeds in the draws.

You get points for a win, draw and for qualifying through a stage of the competition. They points are added to both the countries and clubs coefficents. A club or countries points are made up of the previous 5 season's points tally. I think they use the coefficent standings as they where at the start of the season.

Back