Colak

I may have mentioned earlier in thread that Colak reminded me of the Mexican Diddy we had under Pedro - just clarifying I meant the way he looked nothing to do with his football ability :)

At under £2m of an outlay, he's looking like an absurd piece of business so far. His finishing is high level and works hard for the team. He looks the perfect striker for our league.

Would genuinely love to see how him and Morelos played together. Morelos up and laying off to him could be amazing…. Or a disaster :D

Colak is a must starter on Wednesday night against Liverpool if we have any ambition to attempt to salvage an unlikely Europa League place or at least not embarrass the club in the Champions League with no points and no goals.

That said, the real problem is who plays either side of him and supplies the ball into the box? We have watched more than a few 'pretenders' to that throne this season outside of the games against the SPFL dross we play.

He benefits from an attacking midfielder pressing in the box to distract and split defences.I would have Arfield playing again against Liverpool.
Lundstrum filled some of the positive central midfield role that we have lacked on and off this season on Saturday.Colak needs a pressing forward line to function at his best and for me Lundstrum needs to do this more rather than the side ways play.
As for Sakala a definite for Liverpool and linking with Colak.A real change in his play all the power and enthusiasm but now plenty of evidence of heads up intelligence too.He benefits from the service and the high press if the team don't bottle it at Ibrox and press forward to support him I expect goals from Colak in the CL.

Mate. he's 29 in a few weeks and has had a journeyman career and the Greeks couldn't wait to get shot of him. Lets not kid ourselves on we've found a world beater at that age with his CV. He's doing well at the moment which is brilliant as we needed someone to step in and do the business whilst Morelos tries to get fully fit again.

I just don't see much at all outwith his finishing that makes me think he's a great player. If he makes me look daft come the end of the season, so be it! If we win the title I don't care who scores the goals and I don't care about being ''right'' on FF that's for sure.
Don’t back down, double down.

I’m kind of embarrassed that I started this thread. He has certainly proved lots of people wrong including myself. At the time of the post we were beaten 2-0 by that Belgium team and emotions were high.

Last edited:
This thread is disgusting frankly and some of the stuff said at the start should have resulted in bans. Horrendous way to treat a new player.

I’m kind of embarrassed that I started this thread. He has certainly lots of people wrong including myself. At the time of the post we were beaten 2-0 by that Belgium team and emotions were high.

Fair play for holding up your hands and admitting you got it wrong.

I had high hopes when he signed and im delighted with how well he is doing.

I dont get this weekly picking over the bones of posters who got it wrong in their early assessment.

Who cares? Move on.

I was wrong about Colak. He's turned out to be our number 1 striker and i wouldnt be dropping him for Morelos any time soon.

It wont be the last time im wrong about a player either but i should maybe not post about it on a forum :))
To be fair mate you were far from alone.

My favourite were the two posters who had decided he was no better than Itten, 20 minutes into a pre season friendly against West Ham B-)

Back