Colak

He's a very good, composed finisher and he's got good enough technique to contribute more. And he looks pretty good in the air. And he's not lazy - he closes down the opposition. He should be a pretty viable target man even if he doesn't have great movement. But...

somehow or other he only manages to touch the ball three times a game. When he scores and we win he'll be loved. When we lose there is a pretty serious chance that skillset will get him lynched on here.

Couldn’t disagree more.

I loved Boydy, but Colak probably pressed and harried more in this game tonight than he did his entire career.

Colak clearly knows where the net is, he was j lucky with his header in the first half, and followed up well for his goal.

He is better than Boyd in general play , he should have 3 in 4 games which is excellent. Roofe will be on his way so he is number 2 striker.

A poachers goal tonight and brought a great save from there keeper with that header,now let's get behind the big man and let him get on with it.

We’ve not had many strikers who score the ugly (albeit beautiful) ones in the past few decades. Čolak will score them and he looked better in movement tonight. If we can get the balance right in midfield then he’ll score a barrowload. More of a poacher than Morelos, he will put the 2-3 yarders away, there is a skill to being there.
Said similar in another thread - we've not had a striker like him in a long time. I think he's played his way into more minutes than he might have had when Morelos gets back.

Big guy will play his part. Morelos is the best player in the country so he will start if fit but hopefully we have another great Euro run which will result in plenty game time for Colak too.

Apart from them having 2 legs each I don’t get the comparison

One works his arse off the other didn’t

He's show his worth in the past two games. As a replacement for Itten at least he is finding the net more regularly

He comes alive inside the box. If the service is in to him in the box he will score plenty for us. Just wouldn't use him as a hold up the ball type in bigger games . Think once you get Kent on 1 side and Matondo/Wright on the other pulling defences whoever is in the middle should have a field day and so should the attacking midfielders especially in Scotland.

Loved Hateley as a player, but I really hope he ends up eating his words about Colak - not least because it would mean we’d have a good striker on our hands. Great penalty box goal from him tonight.

I'd like to see Colak and Alfie in the same team.

Something like:

-------------------JM-----------------
Tav------Goldson---Davies----Ridvan
-------------------Lunny---------------
--------------Tillman------------------
Matondo-------------------------Kent
-------------------Morelos------------
---------------Colak-------------------

I'd like to see Colak and Alfie in the same team.

Something like:

-------------------JM-----------------
Tav------Goldson---Davies----Ridvan
-------------------Lunny---------------
--------------Tillman------------------
Matondo-------------------------Kent
-------------------Morelos------------
---------------Colak-------------------

You missed out our best player tonight.

Seems a good finisher and is in the right place at the right time. When he plays he needs to have creative players in midfield behind him, can’t be having Kamara at the no10 position for example. Create chances for him and he will score.

If we get Roofe fit and have all three fighting for the places we will be in a good place. Colak will score goals aplenty if we give him service.

Thats two important goals for him. Mentioned this at the weekend, you get strikers that have good amount of goals, but score 3rd or 4th goal with no pressure. Colak has scored the opening goal and tonight the equaliser (tie). Big goals for us.

For me, from what I have seen, Colak is a superior player to Boyd.

There is no doubt that Boyd, over the piece, delivered for Rangers. However, I always felt he was lacking in terms of work capacity, physical conditioning and technique with the ball at feet.

Personally, I have been reassured from what I have seen of Colak so far. His work rate and movement is improving, game by game. He also looks to be a superior athlete.

Last edited:
Does anyone agree with me here that Colak reminds me of Kris Boyd. You don't see him for the majority of the game however he is in the right place at the right time to score a tap in.

He will score a number of crucial goals for us this season.
Boydie ? That's the guy that Mark Hateley said was worth a goal of a start and then it's like playing with 10 men for the rest of the match or words to that effect ? Hateley didn't say that about Colak.

Did Hateley get dumped as a "Rangers Ambassador" or something ?

Or is it more likely that a ghost writer put words into Mark's "article".

Back