Cole McKinnon

nateman

Anyone else think this boy could actually be more ready to break through than guys like Lowry or McCann? I've been keeping my eye on him and I've been very impressed. Personally think if he wasn't on loan right now he would have something to offer our midfield. His goal at Tynecastle last season was superbly taken as well.

Hopefully can come back ready to take a slot next season.

With Davis and Arfield moving on, those squad slots have to be opened up to the likes of Cole.

From what I’ve seen, he could hold the 5/6th slot in our midfield pack. Feels a bit Lundstram like.

Mate of mine whose a Thistle fan doesn’t think he’ll ever make it with us.

That right aye?

Screenshot-2022-08-23-at-07-44-21.png

Anyone else think this boy could actually be more ready to break through than guys like Lowry or McCann? I've been keeping my eye on him and I've been very impressed. Personally think if he wasn't on loan right now he would have something to offer our midfield. His goal at Tynecastle last season was superbly taken as well.

A box to box midfielder with energy and a bit of dig is exactly what we could be doing with just now.

Can’t say I’ve seen that much of him but he’s being raved about at Thistle so hopefully he keeps it up and gets a chance next preseason.

More chance of Davis and Arfield getting a new deal than any bright young talent getting a serious run of games.

Mate of mine whose a Thistle fan doesn’t think he’ll ever make it with us.
I find it heartwarming when blind folk still go to the football on a Saturday to soak in the atmosphere.

It's just a pity when their aquaintance who goes along with them, has either no interest in the game or has zero clue about football and may as well be blind himself!

:shh:

Been good anytime I've seen him which isn't a lot to be fair. He definitely 'looks' like a player if you know what I mean. As in stature, physicality etc.

I know a Thistke fan that says he is clearly head and shoulders above any other player in that league and is visibly improving with games.

We need to remember he isn’t the finished article yet. He has room to improve further. Really hope to see him push for a first team squad slot.

However early days but I have a good feeling about Cole. He seems to have something extra about his attitude.

Yip.

I'd 100% start both tomorrow night. Don't @ me.
Arfield isn’t good enough to start in big European games for us

That’s been evident for a couple of seasons now and more recently at home to USG he was ineffective.

The fact you’re advocating starting two players in a midfield three in a game worth £35m, that are in their mid and late 30’s is rather damning on our recruitment tbh

That’s been evident for a couple of seasons now and more recently at home to USG he was ineffective.

The fact you’re advocating starting two players in a midfield three in a game worth £35m, that are in their mid and late 30’s is rather damning on our recruitment tbh
I don't agree with paragraphs one and two, but I wholeheartedly agree with the third.

Seen Thistle fans saying he seems to be the best loanee they've had from either OF side in his time watching them.

Or a massive compliment of the professionalism of these two players.
It’s only a few months since Davis was still being selected for international duty.
I’d agree that neither might be ninety minute players anymore but, I wouldn’t categorically be against starting them.

My next door neighbour’s son and my dentist both say he’s been excellent.
Dentist didn’t fancy Alegria at all.
Just saying to show he’s no acolyte.

Midfield recruitment?
You writing off Tillman and Lawrence from this summer and/or Lundstram from last summer?
Na not at all, but I'd rather start Arfield than Lawrence for this one. That's not to say I don't rate Lawrence or think Arfield is better. I just think he's more suited to start this game, in my opinion.

Tillman is a gem and starts every game for me and absolutely no point bringing Lundstram into this as he's the same.

Na not at all, but I'd rather start Arfield than Lawrence for this one. That's not to say I don't rate Lawrence or think Arfield is better. I just think he's more suited to start this game, in my opinion.

Tillman is a gem and starts every game for me and absolutely no point bringing Lundstram into this as he's the same.
Just asking because of your comment re recruitment.

Just go on to twitter and you see how well liked and how much thr thistle fans rave about him.

Just asking because of your comment re recruitment.
Aye well the fact that I'd start Davis AND Arfield, is the point I was agreeing with.

I rate both highly, obviously, but I'd have liked us to bring in a new quality centre mid that was a starter in the same way that Tillman is ie should start every game no question.

I have only seen him play once against Hearts. He did look very promising and he took that goal really well.

Watched him v ICT on Friday, apart from his howler of a miss he played well. Assisted for one of the goals as well. Didnt look out of place at all.

Back