Colin Weir lottery winner has passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amatosarrow

Died , after a short illness. Jags fan but stuck his money in to football and Largs. Very sorry to hear this.

Jeez-oh, that’s a shocker.
In the grand scale of things it means nothing but Thistle are f.ucked unless he knew he was ill and has bequeathed them funding.

Hope he spent a fair chunk of it , ye canny take it with ye . Partick Thistle could be on a sticky wicket now .

Wife’s just read in the mail on line that Colin Weir, who had a massive win on the lottery, has sadly passed away.

Won a ton of cash and ploughed it into something he loved.

In a football sense lived the dream many of us would have of ploughing money in to the team we loved.

fair play to him.

looking by his snp love and keeping it to the football.

to round up.

wishing all bears a happy and healthy 2020, without your health you have nothing

He became the majority shareholder at Thistle last month, and promised to hand over the shares to the supporters next year...I wonder if that was taken care of in his will?

I remember reading that not long after he won the cash he went down to one of his local car dealerships and bought 16 brand new cars for family and friends.

He also did loads for charities and Largs Thistle as well as Patrick which is the one he obviously got most attention for.

I remember seeing them a couple of days after they won the money. Being whisked away on a BA flight to get out the limelight for a while. They looked totally shell shocked.

Shame for the guy and his family.

If i remember right one of the first things he did was gift their home to their neighbours daughter, what he did in subsequent years was up to him, he had a lifestyle for a time most of us could only dream of. No age at all and very sad for his family & friends.

Gave his money away to causes he was passionate about and believed in. Can’t fault that man for that. RIP.

So there is a single multimillion laden wummin kicking about on her own now.

I feel a wee trip to Largs in the offing.

As above, he seemed like a genuinely good guy and that doesn’t change because he supported a different team to me and aligned himself with a horrible political party. He seems to have been very charitable and done a lot of good for the people of Largs. Hope he enjoyed the opportunities that money gave him while he could.

RIP seemed a good guy helped the community he lived in and helped his football team.

I personally know a few folk who benefited from his generosity. He done well by them and other friends. As stated above he also supported the local area.

I dont care for his political views or the party he supports but he has changed lives for many of those he knew prior to coming into enormous wealth.

There will be plenty who will miss him.

RIP seemed a good guy helped the community he lived in and helped his football team.
Yep, new indoor football pitch (Weir Dome) within Inverclyde Training Centre. He also I believe gave LargsThistle a new pitch and only a stubborn Largs Thistle committe prevented him also building them a new stand (as they didn't want his name on the stand) He also contributed to Partick Thistle.
He seemed like a decent and charitable man and I'm sure he is a loss to his community, family and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back