Colo Colo v Boca -The Battle of Macul

drgriffen

Yesterday saw the 29th anniversary of the (in)famous match termed The Battle of Macul. Military police on the pitch, sendings off and a player bitten on the bum by a dog. You just don't get this in the Champions League.

The second is called the impossible goal:

Rangerista

The second goal might be "impossible", but Colo Colo's first was incredible, and their third and Boca's, weren't bad either.

A minor curiosity that I couldn't help noticing, but any idea as to the Boca shirt having a white border on it? I wouldn't have mentioned it, but initially I thought it was down to colour tv shimmer.

Rangerista

This from the link to the story of the night had me laughing:

"Boca tried to make peace with the Chilean side and invited them to play the Cup of Friendship in Buenos Aires on the very next year as a goodwill gesture. But their intentions failed miserably as the teams started fighting each other on the field in that disastrous friendly."

drgriffen

The second goal might be "impossible", but Colo Colo's first was incredible, and their third and Boca's, weren't bad either.

A minor curiosity that I couldn't help noticing, but any idea as to the Boca shirt having a white border on it? I wouldn't have mentioned it, but initially I thought it was down to colour tv shimmer.
Not the best picture but I can't see any white on the strip.