Colombia v Ecuador - 1am KO - Alfie on the bench

Do we expect this game to be close or what ? Ive no idea about these 2 teams

Think I’ll watch this on one of the local Spanish language channels. Lazy Sunday evening, just getting ready to pour a cider, and might as well watch this.

Ecuador put six past Colombia earlier in the year. That got Queiroz the chop. Expecting this to be a much closer affair. On paper Colombia should be winning but they're still very much a squad in transition.

Queiroz was miles out his depth, as you rightly insinuate. Will be very interesting tonight. Something still a bit exotic about the Copa that i love though.

Colombia are absolutely brutal to watch granted I haven’t seen them since Queiroz got the sack. So much talent but basically just individuals told to run on the pitch and try their best with no philosophy at all.

Sticking it on though, why not. Hope to see Alfie.

Colombia to go behind so we get a half time super sub appearance from Alfredo. Looking forward to Cuadrado not passing to anyone :))

Actually scrub that, they've got Diaz, Zapata and Muriel all on the bench. After his covid spell I don't think we'll see much of him tonight

Surprised Borre and Borja are starting.

I suspect Alfie would've started here had he not had COVID. Colombia seem to be resting their main attackers

Ecuador look up for it, Colombia look like Colombia...poor. Ospina is a fanny and surely the BBC could have signed up Tim Vickery for some insight alongside this wee boring guy droning on

Ecuador look up for it, Colombia look like Colombia...poor. Ospina is a fanny and surely the BBC could have signed up Tim Vickery for some insight alongside this wee boring guy droning on

Seems absolutely daft not having Vickery involved, knows more about South American football than the rest combined.

Anytime I see Colombia they are fucking dreadful. A team full of individuals who don't want to play the team game.

I’ve only watched 2, maybe 3 games trying to see Alfie.

They are a horrible team. Dreadful to watch,

Looks like they’ve never played together before. School football - only pass to about 3 players.

Probably won’t be the BBC’s commentator, they’ll have just paid for the rights and everything else will be provided by a 3rd party.

I’ve only watched 2, maybe 3 games trying to see Alfie.

They are a horrible team. Dreadful to watch,

Looks like they’ve never played together before. School football - only pass to about 3 players.

Columbia go up to opponents box with a shootin chance, next thing they are back defending after fuukin up.

Nae wonder these mad cartel bassas go aff their nuts.

I think the linesman guessed there, think it was the 2nd phase not the first? Not sure they meant it but a good wee Free kick there

Great movement from the number 10 there - hopefully Columbia get a few and Alfredo gets some minutes

Great goal - looked a bit far fetched that was going to be the best option. But hey it worked nicely despite initially looking like somebody had to be miles offside.

One from the training ground ...

Cuadrado with 17 pass attempts must be a record for him.
Also I take back my comments on the Do we need pundits thread. Yes we do, something is better than nothing. Brutal this

Back