Complaints to SPT Glasgow Subway

Only one line working again.

Feels like every fucking week this happens

Surely they need to actually do something about this. Everybody shoehorned into the one line and by a miracle managed to make my train which would have left me stranded in glasgow.

Amateur hour
No, it’s not really an option as it’s just a small circular line. There is a train every 6 minutes either direction. The trains are all from 1980 when the last big renovation occurred and are all due for replacement. The new ones are being tested at the moment. The test track is just behind Broomloan rd.

What gets me as well is that it was massively overcrowded because the outer circle crowd was having to get the inner circle as well which lead to crushing going down the stairs but yet they only kept one side of the stairs open with a steward blocking the other side. Madness.

Is laying on more trains not an option?

Here in the States putting on more trains would be made mandatory to ensure the quick and safe exit of a big crowd

There were plenty of trains sitting empty. Something was broken at Kelvinhall Station.

Is laying on more trains not an option?

Here in the States putting on more trains would be made mandatory to ensure the quick and safe exit of a big crowd

Games at hampden get more trains on and when games are at parkhead the schedules are amended to allow more time for the volume of people using the stations near that dump

If Ibrox had a normal railway station then the same would happen.

Subway can't really accommodate more trains

They need to get these new trains into service ASAP. Seems like they have slashed the maintenance budget on these old 19 bangers in expectation of the new fleet and they are breaking down every week.

Whats the hold up? I know we have a couple of posters who work with SPT. Maybe they could give us some insight.

Edit: just seen the post above re someone getting struck by a train. Hope all involved are ok.

What gets me as well is that it was massively overcrowded because the outer circle crowd was having to get the inner circle as well which lead to crushing going down the stairs but yet they only kept one side of the stairs open with a steward blocking the other side. Madness.

People need to get off the train and out the station, it's not a system for Rangers fans only :rolleyes:
No, it’s not really an option as it’s just a small circular line. There is a train every 6 minutes either direction. The trains are all from 1980 when the last big renovation occurred and are all due for replacement. The new ones are being tested at the moment. The test track is just behind Broomloan rd.

Should have been replaced 20 years ago, miracle that they run as well as they do.

At the risk of the oversharing loyal pouring in to list all the personal health conditions they have that prevent them from walking a bit, I've never had any issues with either walking to town via the squinty bridge or to the next subway stop in the opposite direction to bypass most of the queue.

Someone got struck by a train at Kelvinhall. Not a lot that can be done about that.
Think that was a separate incident, trains weren't stopping at Kelvinhall before the game yet both lines were still running.

Not sure how that works tbh?

Everybody would be doing their bit to look out for themselves and others by wearing masks, of course.

I left five mins early and got to front of queue before it went to one circle . Mounted cop said , “‘gonna be a long night
shame-ring.gif

People need to get off the train and out the station, it's not a system for Rangers fans only :rolleyes:
There was one line running and we were all queueing at the top of the stairs so they could allow the people on the platform to board the train. Therefore there wasn't any people coming up the stairs. They then let that train go and let people who were all squashed and queuing at the top to come down only one side of the stairs.

Don’t travel on subway normall.
Dundee game, me and grandson were going into town for panto.
Subway broke down at west st, all out and train carried on and we had to squeeze onto the next car.

Someone got struck by a train at Kelvinhall. Not a lot that can be done about that.

People acting like pricks at Cessnock to the guy working at the ticket kiosk. What he is to do about a guy being hit by a train is anyone’s guess.

There was one line running and we were all queueing at the top of the stairs so they could allow the people on the platform to board the train. Therefore there wasn't any people coming up the stairs. They then let that train go and let people who were all squashed and queuing at the top to come down only one side of the stairs.

Yeah, I get that, but the trains are pretty frequent, so to allow 2 queues down both sides would block the stairs for anyone stupid enough to be using the subway on the night of a game, trying to get off and it would also block access for people with mobility issues who are allowed to skip the queue. It's all for a reason, every single thing that is done, queue systems pre game, queue systems after game, moving up the platform, holding queue at top of stairs or outside station, it all has a purpose, to get the fans to and from the game as quickly and safely as possible. Or do you think the staff enjoy the abuse they get every single game?

1980? Christ sake that’s a riddy.

It was built in what the 60's? Its fucked not a conspiracy just needs modernised like most of Glasgows infrastructure sadly

I left five mins early and got to front of queue before it went to one circle . Mounted cop said , “‘gonna be a long night
Not for them it’s not. Shortly before 11pm they generally encourage those waiting to travel by alternatives means so that can nip up to Helen Street at their usual finishing time.

It was built in what the 60's? Its fucked not a conspiracy just needs modernised like most of Glasgows infrastructure sadly
Built 1896, currently the 5th shortest underground system in the world.

Was always one of the mentally challengeds’ big gripes that they weren’t connected.

I'm really becoming convinced these "problems" are not random.

And as for the deliberate misinformation being issued that there are extra trains every 3 minutes, another feckin lie.

On the 125th anniversary of the Subway, tonight was nothing but a shameful disgrace for it. But the 19th Century Terrorist controller will be happy, so that's all right then.

And as for the deliberate misinformation being issued that there are extra trains every 3 minutes, another feckin lie.

On the 125th anniversary of the Subway, tonight was nothing but a shameful disgrace for it. But the 19th Century Terrorist controller will be happy, so that's all right then.

One of them sits BF2, just shout across at next game.

3 train a side, 8 minute intervals

6 train a side, 4 minute intervals

It's that simple, it only takes a small issue for a gap to appear though so that 4 minutes becomes, 5, 6, 7 then the gap for the next few is 2 minutes.

No conspiracy.

In London underground trains can be 1 min or 2 min apart.
Could easily double the number of trains on match days, but until an over crowded safety disaster they won't.
They don’t have enough trains or distance to have more trains running. It only takes a couple of minutes between most stations.

Built 1896, currently the 5th shortest underground system in the world.

Was always one of the mentally challengeds’ big gripes that they weren’t connected.

Third oldest in the world and has never been expanded.
Built long before then. It first opened 125 years ago yesterday

Wooofffft shows what I know! Did it undergo major renovations in either the 60's or 70's? I'm sure I read something about that period. It def needs major upgrades!

Don't think that would be the case. The line was open both ways just not stopping at Kelvinhall. It was only later they closed the line.

Wooofffft shows what I know! Did it undergo major renovations in either the 60's or 70's? I'm sure I read something about that period. It def needs major upgrades!
Late 70s when the current stock was introduced. There’s a new fleet waiting to be introduced and most if not all of the stations have been done up in the last decade.

Update: Outer Subway facked again tonight. Everyone getting off at either St. Enoch or Buchanan Street after the game. SPT will be getting another smack on the back off me. The same carriages have been in operation for over 40 years I had been told by a member of staff!

Back